can anyone tell me what i should do - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
Hectorm
can anyone tell me what i should do

My bearded dragon laid eggs on friday 6/29 and I put them right into a reptipro 6000 Incubator and for some reason can't get the temp regulated. The temp stays at 87. I have to use a fan to keep it cool. Now the temp inside with the eggs fluctuates from 84 to 85.5. Can these eggs still make it with that temperature raise and fall?

Old 07-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
zztrent
As long as they stay within a few degrees of 84 you should be ok. If any eggs collapse, you might want to check humidity or temperature. Remember these eggs lay in the wild, and they are not the exact same degree in the wild either.
That being said your incubator might need to be replaced, or repaired. I had a cheap hovabator incubator when I breeded dragons, and it stayed with .5 degrees constantly.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #3
Hectorm
Thank you for your time to answer my ?
I candled them today and I notice the embryo and veins. I'm hoping they keep going well

Old 07-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
sschind
mine were kept at 82 or maybe even a bit lower due to a faulty incubator design by me and they hatched just fine, after 89 days.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
san diego
my beardie layed eggs on 6-23-12 i just made a video of my incubator on youtube its under
bearded dragon incubator - DIY . you have to look for me, my youtube user name is, aguila1. i made it out of a coleman 70QT cooler . i saw the video a guy made its also on you tube under the same name , his youtube user man is the roach keeper , he tells you step by step what to use . i got everything he used in his home made incubator and it seems to work good . i made the video to show people if it really work so far its been good . last year i got a hova-bator and one day i can home and the temps were 94 degrees and killed my eggs thats why im trying this cooler incubator this year .well hope your eggs are fine and good luck hectorm . degrees in cooler stay about 84 to 87 on a hot day .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!