have you guy's seen this? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #21
pdragon
Sometimes, mixing hypo and trans together will produce an occasional double het, that will start off normal, then turn trans once it reaches a certain size. The change is different than a belgium trans baby that is turning trans. These tend to look "patchy"

Are those german dragons proven? I haven't seen any pics of the offspring. The pieds I was referring to are transluscent related.

Josh
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #22
pdragon
These transluscent hets still produce the same ratios as a normal het. Breeding one to a visual trans will still produce 50% normal, 50% trans(average).

Josh

Old 02-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #23
DNA Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdragon View Post
These transluscent hets still produce the same ratios as a normal het. Breeding one to a visual trans will still produce 50% normal, 50% trans(average).

Josh
Okay that makes more since now. ha ha. Thanks for clarifying.

Yes, they proved it, they have offspring going pied as we speak (well they should be well pied they looked close at 3 months old)

Old 02-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #24
DNA Dragons
Look up "independent assortment and genetic linkage" it may explain what is happening to the hets.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #25
pdragon
Thanks. I have seen the adults, but haven't seen or heard of them proving them out. I will talk to them soon

If you notice, many of the trans related oddities develop in a similar way. They start off normal, then it develops once they reach a certain size.

Josh

Old 02-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #26
tradaroo
Bottem line, anything pied is cool! And i hope someone produces a super cool pied dragon that breeds true......

Old 02-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #27
pdragon
I totally agree At some point we will see a true pied. I bet that once we see a true leucistic, a pied will shortly follow(or vise versa), being that the two genetics are very similar.

I don't know why I didn't add these to the list of trans related oddities. These black spots are also paradox. I have been seeing more of this from people than anything else. There is also red spotting too.

Josh
Attached Images

Old 02-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #28
pdragon
All this stuff is just the beginning. Wait until more and more mutations are mixed in

Josh

Old 02-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #29
pdragon
Here are some more examples of some paradox dragons.

Josh
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2012, 05:39 PM   #30
tradaroo
I love it! Those are cool.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!