Con Way (HORRIBLE SHIPPER) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-13-2004, 12:09 AM   #1
Mickey_TLK
Con Way (HORRIBLE SHIPPER)

Not sure if this is the right place Rich, if not Im sorry.

I recently purchased a used freedom breeder rack from a California Breeder. As part of the deal it was my job to arrange frieght. I contacted a few friends and was reffered to Con Way. I had never arranged for frieght before, but have recieved alot of it. I was also in a hurry to get to Salt Lake, and the seller needed it out last week so he could prepare for Daytona.

I contacted Con Way and explained I had never done it before, and needed a pallet picked up from x location and shipped as inexpensively as possible to y location. I told them it was a metal rodent rack on a pallet, size, and weight.

I assumed frieght would run 1-300$ and at the price I got the rack the frieght seemed like a small deal. Well I get ahold of my wife last Friday from Salt Lake and she informs me the rack had arrived, and been refused. Con Way wanted 1030.00 for one pallet 350 lbs worth of metal and tubs. I paid only 1200 for the rack.

We contacted Con Way, and with a little fuss (amazingly not much) the bill was lowered to 430$ and some change. Still more then I paid for 3 pallets of glass fed ex 400 plus lbs, but acceptable. I feel as if I was taken advantage of by a company I was reffered to. I have not been told why the charge was soo high, or why it was lowered.

I just post this is a warning, in my opinion this company will take advantage of you if given the chance.

Old 08-13-2004, 03:49 AM   #2
Scott Nellis
Yeah, sounds like a shady company to me. I work for UPS, but unfortunately, we don't ship freight over 150 pounds. Next time try FedEx. They bought out American Freightways and can handle heavy freight through that division. I don't know if they would be any better at trying to bilk you, but I have a friend that drives for them....so they can't be all bad.....lol.

Scott Nellis

Old 08-13-2004, 07:25 AM   #3
cire
I didnt have a great experience with conway either. They delevered a freedom breeder rack to me and apparantley someone put the pallet jack under the skid improperly and kept pumping it up until all the tubs on the bottom of the rack were crushed and the bottom frame was a twisted ruin. Insurance paid for the replacment of the bottom rack and tubs, but I had to eat the shipping cost of the replacment.

Old 08-13-2004, 11:46 AM   #4
xrayeric1993
CONWAY

I ALSO HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH CONWAY. I HAD A SHIPMENT OF LEAD APRONS DELIVERED THAT HAD BEEN DAMAGED. THE LEAD LAYER WAS COMPROMISED, THEREFORE RENDERING THEM USELESS.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!