Hay's Haven - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-08-2003, 12:18 AM   #131
kingmike
Vet report

I realize I am just a newbie to this forum and soforth, but I have taken a interest to this post for some odd reason, I dont want to be bashed or anything else but I felt I needed to say something, I took it upon myself to call his Vet, and I am just amazed how easily people contest everything Gary has said and dont mind takeing the time to post their thoughts against him, but do not take the time to do as I did. The vet verified the date that Gary took the animals in, if that was indeed the same day he recieved them I dont understand what the confusion is in this matter. Once again, this post was in no way meant to offend or stir anyone up as I dont want to end up on the recieving end of attacks from the people who believe Gary to be in the wrong, I just wanted to say my .02 in the matter. Thank you

Old 07-08-2003, 12:49 AM   #132
gwbolton
i just want to say THANK YOU Mike. it is that easy for Jason to find out also.

Gary Bolton

Old 07-08-2003, 12:56 AM   #133
E2MacPets
The fact that Gary was just in fauna chat, left it and came back to announce that your post had popped up makes me suspicious.

I also find it suspicious that you had the time to call the vet during normal busines hours, but not to post until 12:45am (est) which coincided with when Gary was on this forum in that chat room and I was questioning him on the facts of the situation.

You'll have to forgive me though for being a skeptic.

The fact is, I feel sorry for Gary's situation. But I feel as strongly as many others in here that he is handling it wrong.

He comes into the chat room constantly to tell people to stay away from Hay's Haven.

I want to see a copy of the vet report, not just a letter from the vet. Gary you have yet to show that.

Why do we have to verify it with your vet if you indeed have proof that you could plainly display to all of us?

Old 07-08-2003, 01:32 AM   #134
kingmike
Ok

This is the time I am always on, I am a latenighter, if that is a crime please forgive me,I own several businesses and to be honest I dont have to be in my office but maybe 5 hours a week, I have no clue who Gary is. I didnt have any idea Gary was on chat either as I have never been on the chat here, I am sure you can see I have been on this forum for a couple weeks, I almost never post....Except when I see something that I dont feel is quite right, as was the case here, I feel that some people are here just to give people like Gary a hard time, I am not saying anyone in particular and I am not saying that about you either waxworm but I did feel that may be the case in this thread, So I decided to see for myself and posted that I did. That was it, I just feel it is a shame that calling the # Gary provided is such a difficult thing to do for so many people that say they want to know the truth. That is what this board is about, the truth. If I had heard otherwise from his vet I would have posted that. I plan to be on this forum a lot, Not to say I will post a lot, but when I do, I can guarentee it will always be impartial and factual as that is what keeps this board working, And as time goes on I hope to be the good guy of many posts as I get more and more into this wonderful hobby. Thank you

Old 07-08-2003, 01:39 AM   #135
kingmike
P.S.

Also, I am not sure if it will mean anything, but if you do a search on me you will see this is the time I always post, Once again, I am a latenighter. Thank you

Old 07-08-2003, 01:41 AM   #136
E2MacPets
Excellent post and I do agree with you Mike, but I still would like to see an official vet report. Why can't this be provided for us?

Why must Gary continue to boost this thread to let us know that Jason is a bad guy and that Gary is seeking legal action, but that be the extent of what he will share outside of "call my vet if you don't believe me."

You're right, we can call the "vet" and the "vet" can tell us unofficially anything he wants. But where is the official proof that Gary claims to have that will actually make a case for him? Why can't he get us that?

I want to believe Gary, and I want to feel sorry for his loss. But I don't feel like he is acting in a way that is deserving of either.

Old 07-08-2003, 01:49 AM   #137
kingmike
You are right

Because I called myself I didnt think about it that way. To be honest I can see how people would want to see the actual report. Gary, From what I heard from the call I believe you are in the right, However you should be able to get the report, I want to see the right things happen for you, and it really would be in your best interest to get the original report. That would definetly help you. Good luck and thank you

Old 07-08-2003, 03:22 AM   #138
Seamus Haley
As I stated before, I am not on either side in this matter, because the matter is still fairly unclear, the specifics still being disputed (by at least one of the parties involved)...

I merely wrote what I had because it's the truth, Gary's story changed, his proof changed, the dates and illness and information KEPT CHANGING in response to questions that were raised.

It may have all been an honest mistake, but step back a moment and look at it from the seller's perspective. Someone makes a claim, you offer to correct the issue. The claim changes... there has not been any tangible proof provided about the situation, no details, no concrete information that allows the seller the comfort to know that something may have gone wrong from there end. The buyer states outright that there were other infected animals that (the important part here) DIED FIRST, which is generally a pretty strong indication of where the fault lies. The constantly changing details make it impossible to pin down a single timeline and a single connected series of events which leaves it possible that the buyer might be looking for something they are not entitled to.

Hay's Haven has a specific terms of service agreement that buyers agree to abide by when making purchases, detailed therein are the situations that the seller is responsible for AND the responsibilities of the buyer when contacting the seller about a problem and what sort of proof is required Gary continues to fail to meet the responsibilities that the buyer has in reporting and evidencing the claim.

As much as it seems it's usually the buyer being worked over by an unscrupulous seller, any transaction is a two way street, there is an obligation on both sides to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner and there are certain actions which must be taken when a problem does occur, actions on both the part of the seller and the buyer.

A changing story, a shifting timeline and failure to provide the proof that was agreed to in the event of any problems in advance of the purchase removes the burden of obligation from the seller and places it firmly on the buyer's shoulders.

Is it unfortunate if it is true about Hay's Haven and their animals being the source of the problem? Of course it is.

Does Gary need to realize that he failed in his responsibilities and needs to accept some of the culpability for the continued problems? I believe he does.

Is Gary going to get a refund at this point? I really doubt it, Hay's Haven has made their position on the matter clear and they are abiding by the agreement that was made prior to the purchase, so they are legally covered.

Beating a dead horse every day simply to bump a thread on the BOI is a gross misuse of the website, Webslave has made his position on these issues quite clear... As it is still an ongoing concern of Gary's, that isn't to say that he can never post a response again, but these daily non-updates do nothing but eat badwidth, waste time and push issues that may still be capable of resolution further down on the board, doing a disservice to the people involved on those threads. If he goes to court, fine, come back and post the result. If Hay's Haven changes their mind and issues a refund, good, come post that too... If he gets an actual Vet Report with the pertinent information, that might be worthy of an update... But those petty "he must be a crook because he said he wasnt giving me a refund" daily posts are needless and abusive of the forum.

Old 07-08-2003, 03:38 PM   #139
gwbolton
ok i admit i let my temper get the best of me lately, an overly posted posts that jason is a crook. I got mad because of resent emails from him throwing up more accusations about things he says i have done. An it pissed me off so i was wrong to fly off here. my only point which is the geckos where sick on arrival, he states his reptiles are healthy, these where not. So under normal business practices i deserve a refund. i'll drop reminding him about him promising me replacements then finding them for sale on his web site, and when caught promising to ship when he has money and then breaking that deal. and stick to the meat of the problem. The albinos where sick when they arrived i don't trust him to send other reptiles so i want a refund. that is it in a nut shell. an as promised if he refunds my money i will post it on here to set the record straight. but i doubt that will happen.

Gary Bolton

Old 07-16-2003, 02:03 AM   #140
gwbolton
letter

got a card in the mail. the Ill. state atty. generals office must feel i met their requirements for proof. they are investgating my complaint against Jason Hays. When i get this responce from they scanned i'll post it and any future information from them.

Gary Bolton

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!