Hypo Boa question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
mxracer4life
Hypo Boa question

Hypos are my favorite, thats what I am working on right now. I am curious to how the hypo came about. I did a few searches on here and found a little information but no what I was looking for. I know I can google it but I trust you people here more than google. The reason I am asking about hypos is because I came across some panamaniam boas, and they look very similiar to my super hypo male. Was the panamaniam used to make hypos? Someone enlighten me please. Thanks ahead of time!

Old 12-30-2009, 05:08 PM   #2
mxracer4life
I cried before I was hurt. I found an article stating the first "hypo" came from panama and was bred into a few different lines (Salmon, orange-tail, super hypo). So that pretty much answers my question, or does it?

Old 12-30-2009, 08:17 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
I think you got it.
Here's a link to the history of the salmon boas established by Rich Ihle:
http://www.salmonboa.com/about.html
Then there are the orange tail hypos established by Jeff Gee.
Now Jeff Ronne, Boaphile, has established what is thought to be a pure Columbian hypo, very pretty, I don't know much about them to speculate.
As far as I know, all the lines are compatible (I know salmon and O.T are) and lots of the hypos out there are mixes or just can't be traced directly back to where it started from. I have 1 salmon that was from a Rich Ihle F2 male, all the other hypos in my collection are just called hypos. Except for any pure Columbian hypo lines, they are all locality mixes of Columbian x Panama boas from my understanding.
Hope that helped a bit.

They are my favorite boa morph hands down

Old 12-31-2009, 01:00 AM   #4
Twizted Paths
They are very addicting, for sure.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!