For Sale 2011 Geoclemmys Hamiltonis CA Sales Only - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 03-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
turtlingpete
2011 Geoclemmys Hamiltonis CA Sales Only

Hi everyone. Just hatched out some Indian Spotted Pond turtles. Geoclemmys Hamiltonis. All look great with lots of yellow spots. Right now there are only 5 available. These little guys are only sold in California so please do not ask to ship out of state. $350.00 each plus $25 for shipping in California. Please e-mail for pictures and questions. Call Pete 714-745-8878. pete@waterlandtubs.com. These guys are ready to ship out next week. Thanks Pete
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-18-2011, 01:42 AM   #2
calxma122
hey,
is there a reason why your price is so high compared to other places? just curious because your price is similar to turtlesource.com(which is expensive as we all know) ... and turtlesandtortoises.com has the same turtles for $150?

Old 03-18-2011, 02:29 AM   #3
TurtleBlitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by calxma122 View Post
hey,
is there a reason why your price is so high compared to other places? just curious because your price is similar to turtlesource.com(which is expensive as we all know) ... and turtlesandtortoises.com has the same turtles for $150?
Every state has a different price. The reason they are so cheap in Florida is because there are more hamiltoni produced than can be sold, there's a ton of them here. The reason they are more expensive in Cali is because this is probably the only breeder in Cali that breeds them, and there is only a limited number of them. Hamiltoni are ESA listed and are land-locked to the state they are produced in. Even if you wanted to buy a hamiltoni from turtle source, you can't because you would need to be in Florida and be a Florida resident to do so. That is if you live in Cali like your location says.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:34 AM   #4
calxma122
Oh i see, i kind of figured that but didn't know it would be more than 2x the price =X thanks for the info!

Old 03-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #5
turtlingpete
Hi there. You also have to remember that a few years ago the price was the same as mine in Florida. Right now I am the only guy breeding them besides the Behler institute. Thanks Pete
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #6
shelledfriends
Plus you get what you pay for. I have never purchased from turtlesource.com but every review I have read or heard has been positive. Unfortunately that is not the case with turtlesandtortoises.com.

Pete will never misrepresent the animals he has for sale and everything I have seen him sell have been active and alert. You can't go wrong with him.

Michael

Old 03-19-2011, 03:07 AM   #7
born2ride#56
Ive seen some of these at a shop local & they are bad a**! When do they hit breeding size?

Old 03-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #8
turtlingpete
Hamiltonis usually start breeding when they are over 8" long.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!