problem #2!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-29-2005, 03:58 AM   #1
ladyserpent7
Exclamation problem #2!!!

a couple days ago i posted a thread about my snakes eating problem and mentioned that she had just shed. I WAS WRONG. I THOUGHT SHE HAD SHED, AND I ASKED MY MOM TO CHECK SINCE I WAS AT WORK AND SHE TOLD ME SHE DID, BUT WHEN I GOT HOME, I COULD TELL MY SNAKE DIDNT CUZ SHES STILL VERY DULL. ITS BEEN A WEEK AND HALF NOW, AND ITS NEVER TAKEN HER THIS LONG TO SHED. WHATS WRONG WITH MY BABY? PLEASE HELP.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:10 AM   #2
Wilomn
There is most likely nothing wrong with your snake. Sometimes it takes 10 days or so to go through the shedding process. The eyes "blue" over for a few days, then clear up for a few days and THEN your snake will shed.

If the skin is dry or obviously coming off in patches then you should soak your snake for a few hours and that will loosen the skin enough for you to help her shed or she can crawl out of it herself.

Can you post a pic of her? That would help as well. I wouldn't be too worried at this point.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:12 AM   #3
hhmoore
not to be overly simplistic, but the easiest way to resolve the shedding question is: was there a shed skin in the enclosure or not?

Old 06-29-2005, 11:19 AM   #4
ladyserpent7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
not to be overly simplistic, but the easiest way to resolve the shedding question is: was there a shed skin in the enclosure or not?
NO, I DONT THINK I WOULD BE HAVING A PROBLEM IF THERE WAS. BESIDES, SHES BEEN SLEEPING FOR 9 DAYS. I JUST NEVER KNEW IT COULD TAKE UP TO TEN DAYS FOR THEM TO SHED. I GET PARANOID SOMETIMES CUZ SHES MY BABY.

Old 06-29-2005, 07:17 PM   #5
starwarsdad
I sympathize with your paranoia, but TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF.

Old 06-30-2005, 12:21 PM   #6
ladyserpent7
damn. well sooooooooooory if it bothers you that much. its just that im at work and we have to use caps lock in everything and i jump from one program to another, but if it pisses you off THAT MUCH...

Old 07-01-2005, 11:34 AM   #7
ladyserpent7
GUESS WHAT! GISELLE SHED! oh, sorry starwarsdad Anyway, shes soo beautiful. I notice that each of her shed skin is a different color. First time it was light brown, second time was green, and this time it was pinkish.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!