Heather Stanley (H and J Reptiles) Ormand Beach, Fl - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-17-2005, 01:15 AM   #1
DeesReps
Heather Stanley (H and J Reptiles) Ormand Beach, Fl

I was looking for some tortoises on another site, and heather contacted me and we came to a deal, I sent her the money western union, boy what a mistake. But anyways, later that day I got a call from "Jeff" from "H and J Reptiles" stating that they got my money and would get back to me with a tracking number. Well that was on 10/12. Since then the emails haven't been replied too. I have a number that came up on my phone when "Jeff" called. The first day I tried calling that number, they weren't accepting calls. The next day, I would call and just get hung up on. Finally I got somebody to answer, I asked for Jeff and Heather, the lady that answered asked "Heather Who?", I replied "Heather Stanley", she said nope sorry wrong number and I got hung up on. After that no answer on the phone or email. I have an email, phone number, and address, but really can't do anything. Well just wanted to give anybody else a heads up. Hopefully, I can apologize to "Heather," but the situation seems to be doomed.

Dee

Old 10-17-2005, 10:13 AM   #2
Greg Riso
Contact the Ormand Beach, FL Police

Dee, To simply walk away from the situation is the worst thing you could do. This will only serve to let the sellers think they can get away with this type of theft and motivate them to scam others if this is indeed what has happened. You should begin by contacting the Ormand, FL police and tell them all the details. I'm sure they will investigate and if they cannot get the situation resolved they will point you in the right direction. It is certainly worth pursuing as it will only cost a phone call. I'm unsure of the dollar value involved but regardless you should NOT waste any time filing a complaint. You'd be surprised how easy it is. Please give my recommendation a try as you've nothing to lose that you haven't lost already. Let us know what happens and good luck.

Old 10-17-2005, 12:55 PM   #3
DeesReps
Thanks Greg

I contacted the Ormond Beach Police but the guy told me that there is nothing they can do unless I go in to the police station to file a report. I'm in California so that is not happening anytime soon. I talked to Western Union, but they can't do anything because she showed matching I.D. to whom I agreed to send it to. I filed some online complaints to various internet theft/fraud sites, but I'm lost for ideas. I would love to hear what anybody has to say on this subject. Thanks again.

Old 10-17-2005, 01:18 PM   #4
Greg Riso
They Are Incorrect

If your purchase was made over the Internet then the theft actually took place in the town where the computer you used was located. I assume this would be your home town. Trust me, I've been through this before so I'm speaking from experience. Since the Ormand Beach police dept. will not cooperate directly you need to go to your local police and file a report there. They will in turn send a request for the Ormand Beach police or the appropriate agency with jurisdiction to investigate Internet theft.
I imagine you may not get much cooperation if the amount is small and, after all, it only involves a reptile which nobody cares about (myself not included).
Be persistant and don't accept the "sorry we can't do anything" response.
Theft is theft and the police are there to uphold the law. You may have to remind them of this fact.

Old 10-17-2005, 01:28 PM   #5
DeesReps
Thanks for you time Greg

I really appreciate your time, I will go to my local police station and file a request there. I will take all that I have on her, but it's not much. Just the two emails she sent me. I do have my western union receipt and a phone number. But hey your right, it's worth a try, what can I lose? Thanks again. Have yourself a nice day Greg.

Old 10-17-2005, 01:54 PM   #6
Griz
FYI, another method that has proved itself out time and time again on this board is to publish all of their contact information. There are a few on this board who have the gift of persuasion.

Griz

Old 10-17-2005, 01:57 PM   #7
The BoidSmith
Bob makes a good point. In addition it's also important to know where they live, so no one else sends money their way.

Regards

Old 10-17-2005, 11:07 PM   #8
DeesReps
heres some information

Heres the address I sent payment to:

heather stanley
512 s ridgewood ave
ormond beach fl, 32174

Funny thing is that 2 miles down the road is another address:
Calvin Stanley
512 s. ridgewood ave.
ormond beach fl, 32173

Heres the cell phone number:

1-386-479-1459

Heres what I have on her

Old 10-18-2005, 12:09 AM   #9
The BoidSmith
Thanks for posting the info Dee. What I don't get is how they can have two addresses 2 miles apart and still be 512 s. ridgewood ave?

Regards

Old 10-18-2005, 12:10 PM   #10
DeesReps
Here is the email I forgot

H_and_JReptiles@yahoo.com

Maybe somebody wants to email them with this thread link, I'm sure they won't answer my emails. So here you go. Thanks again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!