Info MIKE FEZDEN - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:58 PM   #41
Vithaxton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alterna Ranch View Post
It always amazes me the amount of really stupid people on this site - like - er....um....Ed for example. No you cannot tell the father from mtDNA but you can do genomic DNA. It tests both sides mother and father. And if you do a relatedness score between shed samples and it comes out 10% relatedness or less it indicates impurity. No - I do not have a Biology Degree, but why is it you people seem to think a person with a biology degree is the ONLY person qualified to be an expert at anything? It is because you are a bunch of uneducated simpletons with no biology degree! I happen to have 2 Assoc. degrees, a BA, a BS and a Masters and am currently working on my PhD in Law. I also have 18 hours of Masters level biology which allows me to teach biology at a Junior College level. I'm also not interested in looking better for libtards like you Vithaxton! And aren't you just the jet setting little wanna-be. I hope you're successful, but I've seen and done more in my life then most of the people on this post - Little Mikey Fezden for example who claims leucistic alterna are pure but has NEVER collected one. Or Ed, how many have you collected? None I bet. Most of you are too broke, too stuck in a 40 hour a week dead end job, with a fat wife and a couple of snot nosed kids and probably living in a house you can just barely afford with sheets over the windows cause you cannot afford mini blinds and curtains - and if you even get to go reptile collecting somewhere other then your back yard, it might be for a week if your wife LETS you go. I do not have those issues cause I have had my own business since 1990 and go to work in my home whenever I want to. I have a house in Del Rio, Dallas and Mexico and Val Verde County is in my back yard. I got Indigos under my house in both Del Rio and in Tamaulipas, Mexico. Alterna within a ten minute drive from my front door. I collect 180 plus nights a year and spend several months in Mexico collecting on a permit as well. My wife - who is 18 years younger then me - also collects reptiles and has Mexico permits. If I never sold another reptile, I'd still have a better life then any of you wanna-bes on the post. And so WHO has collected 1027 alterna and hatches 300 a year? Post the name or shut up Snakesatsunset - you are a liar. Also, I never claimed to be first in anything - only the number I've collected so far and I'm already sitting on 250 alterna eggs with about 32 females to go, so suck it up buttercup. I cannot even breed all of the alterna I have in my collection because if I did, I could not get rid of all of them. And all of mine go to Germany every year. And if you post it is John Hollister - well if you believe that I got a xanthic silver patternless pibald alterna for you pal! I'm not claiming anything is a FACT, but my opinion after collecting more alterna then anyone known(post the name) - is that they are hybrids. They came from "generic" parents cause Mikey said so, so there is NO basis in fact that they are pure alterna. Also the genomic testing and relatedness would prove it ED, so you are not the savior of my desire to test them that you think you are. SEND ME A SHED and I'll include sheds from several wild collected alterna from my collection and we will see. As I said - crow is best served cold and I'll eat plenty if they prove out to be pure. They will not because none of these reptile hacksters will EVER send me a shed.

Actually I'm not a wannabe. I follow my passions and pursue a career in what I love! There's nothing wrong with that! But I've never met such a rude and angry person before. I've also seen and done more than most people on this site as well but the difference is I don't have to be mean about it and I can still be a decent person. I'm sorry that feel the need to be angry to literally everyone. I'm not angry at you I pity you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-21-2017, 11:59 PM   #42
Vithaxton
Have a goodnight and I hope you find some happiness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-22-2017, 12:02 AM   #43
evansnakes
Sloan is a cockroach that is angry that a bright light has been shone on him and revealed him to so many people for what he is

Old 04-22-2017, 12:13 AM   #44
kingpinreptiles
At this point you just keep repeating yourself, so Im gonna unsubscribe to this thread. Good luck with whats left of your life bobby boy, hope it all works out for ya!

Old 04-22-2017, 12:31 AM   #45
TomC
oh yeah.. now i remember why i take the boi's with a grain of salt. i did see some of the original leucistic grey bands up at a friend's place in northern cal. truthfully, i personally like the "hets" better as they look hypoish to me and were prettier than a pure white snake. as for dna testing i think they use microsatellite arrays now. it compares the level of heterozygosity for all loci within a snake and then for each locus across all snakes. you can determine estimates of relatedness and use a regression table making some type of comparison that estimates similarities and differences in relatedness.

remember, the microsats are in non-coding regions of DNA and therefore highly variable, that's how you can detect relatedness among populations. so we are not looking at specific genes. and when this type of analysis is done you're probing a mass of DNA, there is no relationship to chromosomes until you start rebuilding the library. so this type of analysis is fine for looking at who might be related to whom from descent.

that's all i can pretty much understand from my nyc high school public education when it comes to dna testing in reptiles.

Old 04-22-2017, 08:52 AM   #46
Snakesatsunset
Sloan, thats it? My friend has 41 females laid already HER name is Reinalda Rubio. You dont know of her? Good....she doesnt care. According to her, in Mexico you cannot collect and take with you. Post your export permits for the ones you collected in Mexico.

Old 04-22-2017, 08:56 AM   #47
Snakesatsunset
MEXICO: Very difficult. Permits are only granted to Mexican scientists and even collecting on private land without permit is illegal. Collecting in MX requires that you be added under a scientist who has a permit and will sponsor your research. Donating representatives of your collections back to that Mexican institution are also required. Further information is available here through the embassy.

She is scientist and knows who collects.....you do not have a permit in your name, she checked. Whats excuse now?

Old 04-22-2017, 10:28 AM   #48
EdwardK
Quote:
It always amazes me the amount of really stupid people on this site - like - er....um....Ed for example. No you cannot tell the father from mtDNA but you can do genomic DNA.
From the post #1 in this exact thread..

Quote:
Several of us have collected these. Troy Hibbits collected a dark phase alterna morph right in front of me in the rain on Hwy 277 south of Loma alta in 2004 and when mDNA testing was done - it came back that the father of that snake was an annulata.
First and foremost mDNA = mtDNA both are shorthand versions for mitochondrial DNA. Up until that last post you never referenced any other form of DNA such as genomic DNA. In this case you should be referring to the testing of STS (short tandem repeats) as noted by TomC. As a result your attempts to attack another individual are to cover up your error in understanding the topic even though your use of mtDNA incorrectly was pointed out earlier but you just ignored that fact.

Quote:
No - I do not have a Biology Degree, but why is it you people seem to think a person with a biology degree is the ONLY person qualified to be an expert at anything? It is because you are a bunch of uneducated simpletons with no biology degree! I happen to have 2 Assoc. degrees, a BA, a BS and a Masters and am currently working on my PhD in Law.
This is another deflection. You are the one who attempted to use the fact that you "have five degrees" in an earlier post as a supposed example of how you are more "qualified" as an expert on the topic and your opinion "must" be taken at face value because of your claims. As you now confirm, your degrees do not in fact make you a more qualified expert than anyone else and the fact this is clearly another attempt at deception should be noted.

It doesn't matter if you could teach biology at a junior college, a kindergarten or to the local homeless, you attempted to conflate your expertise by announcing that you had 5 mystery degrees and therefore were more qualified and that is an act of deception (and as I noted before self validating).

Quote:
And aren't you just the jet setting little wanna-be. I hope you're successful, but I've seen and done more in my life then most of the people on this post .....
-

As noted before these kinds of personal attacks are nothing more than an effort to hide the problems in your argument. Pretty much as soon as someone descends to these attempts it becomes very clear that they are just attempting to change the course of the discussion.

Quote:
ald alterna for you pal! I'm not claiming anything is a FACT, but my opinion after collecting more alterna then anyone known(post the name) - is that they are hybrids.
Actually it is pretty clear you are posting opinion as fact as you do not have conclusive proof as to the opposite. As it currently stands, the burden of proof resides on you as opposed to the person your attacking. Your making a claim of opinion as fact as to the origin of those snakes based solely on your claims to be an expert so the burden of proof is on you. As an example of this, if I made the claim that the gravitational pull of Jupiter was not approximately 2.5 meters per second squared but ten meters second squared
the burden of proof would be on me just as the burden of proof is on you.

Quote:
They came from "generic" parents cause Mikey said so, so there is NO basis in fact that they are pure alterna.
Generic alterna are still alterna so your opinion is that simply because they are generic they are therefore not alterna is clearly flawed at the best and an outright lie at the worst. I keep getting reminded of a quote from the Princess Bride movie... "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." with respect to each time you claim it is a fact. You continue to attempt to use opinion as a fact despite all of the flaws in your argument that show it is clearly not a fact.

Quote:
Also the genomic testing and relatedness would prove it ED, so you are not the savior of my desire to test them that you think you are. SEND ME A SHED and I'll include sheds from several wild collected alterna from my collection and we will see. As I said - crow is best served cold and I'll eat plenty if they prove out to be pure. They will not because none of these reptile hacksters will EVER send me a shed.
You do realize that you are the one with the requirement for the burden of proof? If you want to prove they are in fact hybrids, then buy some and get them tested as opposed to trying to tee off on anyone who doesn't automatically accept your self promotion and attempted self validation but the plus side of the thread is at least four pages in your finally trying to use the correct DNA terms for your argument.

some comments

Ed

Old 04-22-2017, 10:54 AM   #49
JColt
This BOI post is turning into a dna discussion and watering down it's purpose. The original post should have been made in a discussion forum and not here. The OP wanted and got a pissing contest.

Old 04-22-2017, 01:21 PM   #50
Lucille
Quote:
I happen to have 2 Assoc. degrees, a BA, a BS and a Masters and am currently working on my PhD in Law. I also have 18 hours of Masters level biology which allows me to teach biology at a Junior College level. I'm also not interested in looking better for libtards like you Vithaxton! And aren't you just the jet setting little wanna-be. I hope you're successful, but I've seen and done more in my life then most of the people on this post - Little Mikey Fezden for example who claims leucistic alterna are pure but has NEVER collected one. Or Ed, how many have you collected? None I bet. Most of you are too broke, too stuck in a 40 hour a week dead end job, with a fat wife and a couple of snot nosed kids and probably living in a house you can just barely afford with sheets over the windows cause you cannot afford mini blinds and curtains - and if you even get to go reptile collecting somewhere other then your back yard, it might be for a week if your wife LETS you go.
My father was very educated. He was also kind, gentle, well spoken, and never used his education to imply he was better than others, because he didn't believe that, he was always interested in everyone and what they did.
Bob, your previous racist post and this one both do not paint a very pretty picture of you. I'm sure your educational institution does not wish to be dishonored by the use of education to demean and insult others.

A brief research found the institution I believe you attend. They have received a link to this thread.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!