Aldabra.com - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:12 PM   #11
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldabra Ranch View Post
Yes, many times. Awesome breeder; met in person. Still producing some of the best quality Aldabra tortoises in the world today.
Can you meet yourself in person? I guess so, but it seems odd to say it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
They are separate from you, Allison?
Ms. Riggs-Miller was here an hour after this question was posed, with no response.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:56 AM   #12
Vorlon1
Maybe Allison's intent is to let prior customers know that she has some exceptional animals for limited sale. Maybe she isn't interested in more procedures, questions, and emails that take her away from what she does best. If she wasn't doing it right she would not be licensed by the Australian government.

If you are not interested enough to do the home work, research the animals and the procedures, perhaps these animals are not for you.

Old 12-12-2018, 12:03 PM   #13
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorlon1 View Post
If she wasn't doing it right she would not be licensed by the Australian government.
I'm not sure that a license for anything given by any government is a guarantee of quality.

Old 12-12-2018, 12:43 PM   #14
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorlon1 View Post
If you are not interested enough to do the home work
I kind of thought that's what we were doing here, with these inquiries that were made relevant only by someone who dredged up a ten year old post. If I'm mistaken, I'll take a correction.

I don't actually have any interests in tortoises. What caught my eye is someone making statements that can be read as misleading. Perhaps everyone else is crystal clear on what is going on between the lines, but I'm confused as to why someone running a business that apparently has at least two names -- "Aldabra Ranch", and "Aldabras.com" -- would reply to a post that refers to a differently named business -- "Aldabra.com" -- and imply that she herself is some third (fourth?) party giving a reference to someone other than herself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldabra Ranch View Post
Yes, many times. Awesome breeder; met in person. Still producing some of the best quality Aldabra tortoises in the world today.
'Aldabra Ranch' has logged in here at least twice since Nickolas asked for clarification regarding her relation to the business in question here, and has yet to respond. That seems suspicious to me as well.

Again, I don't take this thread to be about tortoises at all -- I take it to be about the odd reply to the first post in this thread.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:00 PM   #15
Vorlon1
Nothing is guaranteed....
I thought that was implied.

I am not here to argue semantics, or to debate what I think is odd or not.

I guess maybe I don't belong here....

Old 12-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #16
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I'm not sure that a license for anything given by any government is a guarantee of quality.
As someone who holds such a license I can attest to this!

Old 12-12-2018, 01:22 PM   #17
AllisonLeigh
I'm not saying this is the case, as I see a well established member of the forums has provided a reference as well, but from an outside point of view it sure does look like someone intended to reply under a different account than they were currently logged in as. Maybe that's just me being paranoid since I started off reading this thread, scared Nick was mad at me when I saw my name in blue text, forgetting there are in fact other Allisons :P

Old 12-12-2018, 03:08 PM   #18
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Time Reptiles View Post
Allison has been selling Aldabras here in the states for many years....

I've never dealt with her, but have talked with her many times in the past.

I do know she's responsible for A LOT of the Aldabras here in the states.

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles
That's good to know. I seen that she just created an account this week and has no phone or website so seemed odd.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!