Info A note about posting anonymous third party quotes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:56 AM   #1
WebSlave
Exclamation A note about posting anonymous third party quotes

One of my mods asked me about an official policy concerning posting links to posts or threads on other sites referencing "evidence" concerning a person or business that is the topic of a thread here on the BOI. I figured I should post my reply here for reference...

Actually, this is a good point that I have never addressed before.

If someone is providing a link to a post or thread that is on another site, and the author there has no method of being identified as a real person (via personal name or business name), then would that constitute an anonymous third party quote?

My gut feeling is that if an identified source of all statements made is a requirement for posting on the BOI, then using links to anonymous posts made on another site are not acceptable fare on the BOI. I doubt that most sites have this same requirement, so someone could simply post anonymous bogus claims on another site under an assumed handle, and then simply post a link to it within the BOI.

So, I think I answered your question....

Old 09-08-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
MikeCurtin
I have a friend who knows a guy who told me "Rich doesn't really mind anonymous third party quotes".

Sorry, Rich....I tried to resist, but couldn't. That's actually very good to know.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
kmarsh
Mike You are just too bad.. I needed that laugh today

Old 09-08-2009, 02:09 PM   #4
R. Eventide
Makes sense.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:15 PM   #5
critical bill
Ok, but don't forget to make this a sticky because its sinking fast.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
chongorojo
Great info.. glad I read this before posting lol.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #7
saskia
Why is the ad. still visible??

He's trying to sell normals as Fire's!!

Old 08-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #8
hhmoore
With all due respect, Saskia - your post is irrelevant and disruptive in this thread. Most people looking won't have a clue what you are talking about...especially in a month or two.

This is about the site's stance on linking other sites as evidence on the BOI... sites which, in most cases, do not conform to the full name requirements of the BOI. It is not about any particular BOI thread; nor should it be utilized for that purpose.

If you have questions about site policy, feel free to ask them in the Fauna Feedback Forum.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #9
saskia
My apologies.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #10
nakabaka
I honestly thought she was just cracking a joke. What, no humor allowed? (Serious question.) And I had a rather heated discussion with a mod over this very issue (anonymous website claims and such) because me being not very internet savvy, didn't know how the sam hill to know if something is anonymous or not. And the way one person on here responded to me at first made it seem as if I need to be a freakin' politician or something just to get some info about something, and no, I'm not going to hassle with going back and getting all involved in it when I'm just stating the point.

I understand you guys have a lot of frustrations, but seriously, this is the Internet. The way you respond so harshly really makes a lot of people wonder than much else (I'm referring to people who aren't in your gallge of followers). The only thing that I'm sure many put up so well with it for is the sell ads, which I MUST say, you really rooted out a lot of crap that people were tossing out. But the way I've seen some of you just snap at people on here can really be obnoxious. Take it as constructive criticism or just take offense and ban me again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!