Anguilla lizards - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
rcarichter
Anguilla lizards

A couple of pics from our trip to Anguilla.

First, Sphaerodactylus Parvus, Anguillan dwarf gecko. This is a sub-adult, the tail loses all orange by adulthood. Nearly full grown though, they top out at roughly 1 3/8 inches. So you can all marvel at my herping skills, after countless hours of field searching, I finally found one of these in my hotel room.

Name:  IMG_3414.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  90.0 KB

Not as rare, but still entertaining, my husband dropped a rib at a roadside BBQ, and the ameivas came running to claim it. This guy was the winner. Being a gecko-phile I'm not well-versed in ameivas, so someone please tell me: On an island rich with insects, snails, tiny crabs, etc, how did they develop a taste for beef? If I threw a rib at any of my reptiles, it would scare them to death!

Name:  IMG_2855.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  295.9 KB

Noelle

Old 06-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
Gecko Geek
LOL! nice pics!!! love the gecko. i wish i found geckos in a hotel room instead of getting eaten alive by mosquitos and covered w/ poison ivy lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!