Bad Guy Bobby Hill - Varnyard Herps: Buyers Beware. - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #91
todeyius
He said in a phone call around July 1 that he just wanted to ship them together. By this time I had read all the threads about him ignoring people, and I didn't want to get on his bad side so I just let it be. I thought if I pushed shipping the extreme asap he would put me in his 'irritating people' category and I might have trouble getting the red in a timely manner. I have not spoken to him since that call. I assume, as you said, he just didn't want stir the waters about the red. Even more interesting though was that he never invoiced me for the second half of the extreme when it hatched. I only found that it hatched when I contacted him for an update. I guess he REALLY didn't want to stir the waters with respect to the red.

I really wish I had paid more attention to some of the negative posts I found about him before I first contacted him. There were just too many people sticking up for him. They made it sound like a few people were just emailing him every day asking for an update, so he was selective in answering them. Boy was I wrong.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #92
Ed Clark
Don't feel bad Scott, you trusted him and he robbed you.you can't go thru life not trusting anyone.

The people sticking up for Bobby is a clear example of the buddy buddy good ol boy system alive and well, some will stick up for their friends regardless of how they treat others.

The number of people that were robbed by Bobby Hill should all start calling the Police Depts in Bobbys town and also their own town, if enought people start calling they will have to investigate this thief Bobby Hill.

Sorry this hapened to you, don't let it go keep after him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeyius View Post
I really wish I had paid more attention to some of the negative posts I found about him before I first contacted him. There were just too many people sticking up for him. They made it sound like a few people were just emailing him every day asking for an update, so he was selective in answering them. Boy was I wrong.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #93
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I think the Irish guy got most of his money:
He did receive some money from someone that wanted to help, he did not get a refund from Bobby Hill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish-SiMurphy
A member here who wishes to remain anonymous has taken it upon themselves to give me $850 of their own hard earned money.. I cannot believe this unbelievable show of generosity and want to thank them so much as the money is really needed at the minute.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #94
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
He did receive some money from someone that wanted to help, he did not get a refund from Bobby Hill.
I believe he was gifted $850 from the person who wanted to help, and $500 refunded from Bobby.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #95
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I believe he was gifted $850 from the person who wanted to help, and $500 refunded from Bobby.
I could not find anything saying Bobby refunded any money, its possible he did?

Old 09-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #96
Lucille
Quote:
I could not find anything saying Bobby refunded any money, its possible he did?
I saw this post on the Irish thread, Ed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tere Salazar View Post
And refund.

To: bobby hill <twoteals@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 6:49 AM
Subject: You sent a payment

You sent a payment Transaction ID: 5HC70450SU444971T

Dear bobby hill,
You sent a payment for $500.00 USD to Simon Smith-Murphy.
Please note that it may take a little while for this payment to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.
View the details of this transaction online

Your monthly account statement is available anytime; just log in to your account at https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history. To correct any errors, please contact us through our Help Center at https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...md=_contact_us.
Amount: $500.00 USD
Sent on: June 21, 2012
Payment method: PayPal Balance
Sincerely,
PayPal

Help Center | Resolution Center | Security Center

Rate of Exchange: If this transaction involves a currency conversion, there will be an exchange rate shown above. This exchange rate includes a 2.5% spread above the wholesale exchange rate at which PayPal obtains foreign currency, and the spread is retained by PayPal. If and when the Recipient chooses to withdraw these funds from the PayPal System, and if the withdrawal involves a currency conversion, the Recipient will convert the funds at the applicable currency exchange rate at the time of the withdrawal, and the Recipient may incur a withdrawal fee.

This email was sent by an automated system, so if you reply, nobody will see it. To get in touch with us, log in to your account and click "Contact Us" at the bottom of any page.
Copyright © 2012 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.

PayPal Email ID PP118

Old 09-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #97
Fangthane
Quote:
I have a feeling that, before all is said and done, a lot more people are going to wish that they'd been less dismissive of the writing on the wall. It's no accident that bobby avoids this website. He's piss-scared of the BOI, and wants no part of any discussion forum in which he doesn't have editorial control.

Having read some of his threads over on TeguTalk, it's fairly sickening how many people are able to convince themselves that, as long as they're not the ones getting screwed, his new business paradigm is somehow excusable. After having, in the past, so vehemently railed against those who were doing then, exactly what he's doing now, I guess he just finally decided that he wanted to see how the other half lives. However, enough with ranting about how worthless of an individual he really is. It's already abundantly clear.

Since you paid with a direct transfer from your bank account, have you contacted them? It's possible that you'd still be eligible for whatever buyer protection services that they have.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #98
Ed Clark
Thanks Lucille didn't look there.

So I guess its 1 down with how many others hanging in the wind?

Old 09-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #99
Lucille
Quote:

From what I have seen, the problem seeing the handwriting on the wall clearly was not only that there were mindless yet vocal followers of Bobby, but if anyone on any forum disagreed with him, he would sometimes fly into a rage and attack them for what were reasonable, courteous questions.

Old 09-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #100
Lucille
Quote:
Thanks Lucille didn't look there.

So I guess its 1 down with how many others hanging in the wind?
Ed, unless someone paid with a credit card or other form of recoverable funds I'm thinking they will all be SOL unless they want to purse legal avenues, but given that these were deposits that might not be an economically feasible choice.
I would think that if Bobby planned to make good, he would have stopped by and tried to make some kind of amends or notifications by now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bobby hill, tegusforsale.com, varnyard