Bad Guy Bobby Hill - Varnyard Herps: Buyers Beware. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:20 PM   #21
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post

You done? I suggest that you are. His post was on topic to this thread and yours has absolutely nothing to do with this thread in any remote way. Besides the small part of the post about him not crucifying Bobby the whole post seems to be about you. You aren't the topic here.

Were not going this direction. Don't derail this thread.
Nuff said. didn't catch it in time. Like I said, I am done.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #22
Crystal Acveedo
We are in the same boat as you are. We have called him several time and I have emailed him several time and didnt hear from him any. Then 2days ago we called him and he talkedto us saying they were all sold and wanted us to get a giant tegu but all we now want is our money back from him. Not sure whats going on but this is sure not right

Old 08-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #23
Siukie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Acveedo View Post
We are in the same boat as you are. We have called him several time and I have emailed him several time and didnt hear from him any. Then 2days ago we called him and he talkedto us saying they were all sold and wanted us to get a giant tegu but all we now want is our money back from him. Not sure whats going on but this is sure not right
I agree. Even if his TOS doesn't agree to any refunds, his severe lack of communication and all this crap some of his customers are being put through. He should really exercise what it means to be a good business man. He runs a business of his own, breeding reptiles for the public, seems only right that if you screw around with your customers you should offer a refund.

From what i've heard he doesn't even hold up to his word on partial refunds.. so i'm just hoping he can at least refund my money and I will leave it at that.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #24
Fangthane
Quote:
Jesus. Sounds like Ray..um, I mean Bobby strikes again. Just to clarify a bit, are you saying that you put a deposit down on a tegu that he later sold out from under you? If so, what exactly did he say whey you stated you just wanted a refund instead of an alternate species of tegu? Unless he tries to get clever with the interpretation of his own TOS, you're absolutely due a refund since it was his own fault that the animal you put the deposit on wasn't delivered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siukie View Post
I agree. Even if his TOS doesn't agree to any refunds, his severe lack of communication and all this crap some of his customers are being put through. He should really exercise what it means to be a good business man. He runs a business of his own, breeding reptiles for the public, seems only right that if you screw around with your customers you should offer a refund.

http://www.tegusforsale.com/termsofservice.htm

From what i've heard he doesn't even hold up to his word on partial refunds.. so i'm just hoping he can at least refund my money and I will leave it at that.
As to his TOS, that's not entirely true. According to the screen shot, a refund is due if "no animals are produced". I'm not sure if he was intentionally being shady with the wording, so he could try to slime his way out of situations where he actually produces some animals, just not the one that was originally paid for. At this point, I wouldn't put anything past him. However, by any sensible interpretation of his TOS, he didn't produce (read- To make or yield products or a product) the specific animals that were requested, I don't see any way to rightfully justify withholding the refunds.
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #25
Crystal Acveedo
We are gioing through the same thing with him right now and someone said he is going throght some money issues. I have eamiled him and called him several times within the last month we were gonna be getting a red tegu but now we just want our money back from this guy. He is just full of himself

Old 08-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #26
Crystal Acveedo
He should refund if he sold out all the ones you put a payment on and then trys to sell you one for more money sorry that is not going to happen. He should be a good bussiness man and refund rather than keeping people in the dark like he has been the past month and who knws who else he is doing this to

Old 08-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #27
Fangthane
Quote:
We are gioing through the same thing with him right now and someone said he is going throght some money issues.
Regarding the text in bold: That constitutes an anonymous 3rd part quote. For future reference, either name the person who told you this, or leave that type of information out of your posts.

Quote:
I have eamiled him and called him several times within the last month we were gonna be getting a red tegu but now we just want our money back from this guy. He is just full of himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Acveedo
He should refund if he sold out all the ones you put a payment on and then trys to sell you one for more money sorry that is not going to happen. He should be a good bussiness man and refund rather than keeping people in the dark like he has been the past month and who knws who else he is doing this to
Can you post any emails you may have that show him refusing a refund while insisting that you buy a more expensive tegu than what you'd originally put your deposit on?

I'll guess I'll just never understand the compulsion to do this type of business over the phone. By the time I've been jerked around and/or ignored for any extended period, I'd make it a point to keep ALL communications via an easily recorded and verifiable medium, such as email.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #28
hhmoore
Quote:
We are gioing through the same thing with him right now and someone said he is going throght some money issues.
You're new to this site, and apparently haven't bothered to familiarize yourself with the rules. Anonymous third party quotations (posting what another person told you, without identifying that person) are not allowed on the BOI. Please name the person that gave you the information...then review the Rules for Posting on the BOI

Old 08-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #29
Crystal Acveedo
I have several emails of us trying to contact Bobby Hill. the last time I had spoke to him was 4days ago and thats when he said he had a contrat with germeny and thats why he had sold out of the reds and sadi we can get a giant tegu for 350 and I said no and thats when my boyfriend had called Bobby Hill back to tell him we like a refund back on the deposit. I can post all the emails of me trying to get a hold of him and trying to se what was the deal.

Please send me a good contact phone number.
Thanks, Bobby Hill, Owner,

http://www.varnyard-herps-inc.com/

http://www.tegusforsale.com/

To: varnyard@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 10:57 AM
Subject: Re: Whats the update on the tegu

its under this email address and its Bob Clark and Crystal Acevedo

-----Original Message-----
To: bladejoey83 <bladejoey83@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Jul 24, 2012 11:28 am

What name and email was it reserved under?

To: Varnyard@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 6:05 PM
Subject: Whats the update on the tegu

We wnated an update on the status of the tegu. I am not sutre if you got our message last week or not have not heard back, Thanks Crystal and Bob

Any word yet on the tegu??

-----Original Message-----
To: bladejoey83 <bladejoey83@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Jul 24, 2012 11:28 am

What name and email was it reserved under?

To: Varnyard@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 6:05 PM
Subject: Whats the update on the tegu

We wnated an update on the status of the tegu. I am not sutre if you got our message last week or not have not heard back, Thanks Crystal and Bob

July 20th
Not sure if you got my email the other day just wanted to find out if
the tegus were hatched yet? Thanks crystal

From

bladejoey83 bladejoey83@aol.comhide details

To
varnyard varnyard@yahoo.com
I just wanted to find out theupdate bout the teug on if they wer hatched as of yet? thanks Crystal

here are just a few but ther eare more time i have been trying to get a hold of him and he would not respond back to me so i have proof

Old 08-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #30
Crystal Acveedo
Sorry didnt know about the rules. Wont happen again

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bobby hill, tegusforsale.com, varnyard