Bad Guy Bobby Hill - Varnyard Herps: Buyers Beware. - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #61
rosebud945
One more thing. Holding out hope that a friend who has screwed up will turn things around and redeem himself is not the same thing as condoning the screw up.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #62
Focal
Wes has shown little respect to others in this forum so his sincerity is a farce. It's nothing more than trying to make a bad guy look personable. I understand your points but I think mine is coming across wrong. I'll step out of this one.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #63
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
Wes has shown little respect to others in this forum so his sincerity is a farce. It's nothing more than trying to make a bad guy look personable. I understand your points but I think mine is coming across wrong. I'll step out of this one.
I have always thought your comments added to a thread. You always make very good points, which are well written.

In this instance, I think your preconceived notions of Wes are wronng. People can and do change. It is possible Wes reflected on his actions during his ban. It is also possible that I am wrong & you are right.

Back on topic, I have serious doubts that Bobby is going to wake up one day and say "darn I was wrong, let me pay these people back."
Bobby doesn't care what we, his peers, think about him. He only cares about his bottom line, IMO. It is sad to see one so respected in the community fail his customers and not give a rats behind about anything other that the money.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #64
Wilomn
It's almost 4 am here and I woke up about an hour and a half ago with a better understanding of what's so difficult about this.

Much as I would not wish it on him, I would be better able to accept this turn about Bobby has done if he had told us he had been in an accident and the pain meds were giving him a rough time, or that he had a bad break up and had been drinking way to much to dull the pain, or that he was one of those millions whose home was now worth 1/4 what it was a few years ago and he was going to lose it because for whatever reason he couldn't make the payments. Not that any of those things would excuse him, they wouldn't, but it would make this turnabout he's done understandable.

It hurts to see this happen and that surprised, still surprises me. I guess when a friend goes down in flames I expect some sort of reason for the crash and subsequent burn which just aren't here. Because if there is no reason, if he wasn't in an accident and hasn't become addicted to pain meds, if he isn't drowning his sorrows trying to forget a broken heart, if he isn't losing his home and livelihood, if there isn't some sort of cause to this, then he's just not the guy I always thought he was and that is both sad and painful. It also makes me question my opinions and wonder who else I may be wrong about.

Heh, in the end I suppose it's about me. I don't back many and having done so here, with the apparent outcome not looking good, well, it's just a crappy feeling. There's enough things in life, mine, yours, Bobby's, to feel crappy about without this... betrayal really, that Bobby seems intent upon carrying out.

Deep, deep down in the bottom of my peanutbutter filled heart, I still hope for some reasonable explanation from Bobby, but sadly, I don't think that hope will be bearing any fruit.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #65
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Acveedo View Post
My boyfriend after 4days got ahold of him by phone and told him we like our money back and said by this week he will so we are giving him till Wed to send it back. we shall see this week if he does or not.
Has anyone received any refunds, or even further correspondence from Bobby in regards to getting one?

Old 08-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #66
Siukie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
Has anyone received any refunds, or even further correspondence from Bobby in regards to getting one?
After Bobby refused a refund to me after all this, he has not contacted me since. So from this point on i'll just assume my money is not going to be refunded and I will have received nothing in return for it.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #67
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siukie View Post
After Bobby refused a refund to me after all this, he has not contacted me since. So from this point on i'll just assume my money is not going to be refunded and I will have received nothing in return for it.

Sad...not really unexpected at this point...but sad nonetheless.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:17 AM   #68
Wilomn
Bobby, you know this isn't right. You know you should make it right. YOU know this, so why are you letting yourself become a gubitz or tornambene? What the heck is WRONG with you man? Now when I think of you I'm thinking of those lying thieving guys and those two lying stealing women in Washington. Yup Bobby, that's the company you're in now.

You know, you're one of the last guys I would ever have expected to stoop so low. If there's a reason, spill it, even if it's just a pm. This is just wrong Bobby, and you know it.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #69
KelliH
He's a bad cat Wes. Always has been and always will be. Just my opinion based on observing his posts here over the past 7 years, and also based on my (admittedly) brief conversations with him a couple of times at the Expo.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #70
whippet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
I too was not refunded after asking to receive a refund and being promised one. I put down a deposit and then changed my mind before they hatched because of all the horrible things I read here. He did not respond to any emails so I put in a paypal despute. He called and screamed and cursed at me. He promised to refund but only after I closed the dispute. Like an idiot I closed it...and of course he then refused all refunds.
He is a lier and a theif and most of a bully. He made me cry he was so cruel.
I have no proof because it was all done on the phone verbally. However I will say that I have nothing to lose by stating my story, I am never going to see that money again anyway.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bobby hill, tegusforsale.com, varnyard