Bad Guy Bobby Hill - Varnyard Herps: Buyers Beware. - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #71
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippet View Post
I too was not refunded after asking to receive a refund and being promised one. I put down a deposit and then changed my mind before they hatched because of all the horrible things I read here. He did not respond to any emails so I put in a paypal despute. He called and screamed and cursed at me. He promised to refund but only after I closed the dispute. Like an idiot I closed it...and of course he then refused all refunds.
He is a lier and a theif and most of a bully. He made me cry he was so cruel.
I have no proof because it was all done on the phone verbally. However I will say that I have nothing to lose by stating my story, I am never going to see that money again anyway.
you dont have proof the the payment through paypal and the process in which to close it? even that, would be something.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #72
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippet View Post
I too was not refunded after asking to receive a refund and being promised one. I put down a deposit and then changed my mind before they hatched because of all the horrible things I read here. He did not respond to any emails so I put in a paypal despute. He called and screamed and cursed at me. He promised to refund but only after I closed the dispute. Like an idiot I closed it...and of course he then refused all refunds.
He is a lier and a theif and most of a bully. He made me cry he was so cruel.
I have no proof because it was all done on the phone verbally. However I will say that I have nothing to lose by stating my story, I am never going to see that money again anyway.
Regardless of my personal (negative) feelings about him, when all this started I was still somewhat surprised that Bobby had taken this course. As the complaints continue rolling in, there is no longer surprise - only disappointment...and some shame at being in this same hobby/industry with so many ________s. It really is rather sad.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #73
Tim Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Regardless of my personal (negative) feelings about him, when all this started I was still somewhat surprised that Bobby had taken this course. As the complaints continue rolling in, there is no longer surprise - only disappointment...and some shame at being in this same hobby/industry with so many ________s. It really is rather sad.
Same feelings here.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #74
Lucille
Tara I'm so sorry you had to go through that horrible experience with Bobby

Old 08-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #75
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I'm getting sort of angry myself. Betrayal is a... well, it's just not nice and bobby has betrayed a lot of us.

I'd like to think, still, there's some cause for this that while it wouldn't excuse this stupidity would at least explain it. A stroke or blow to the head or any of the reasons I mentioned before.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #76
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Acveedo View Post
the last time I had spoke to him was 4days ago and thats when he said he had a contrat with germeny and thats why he had sold out of the reds and sad we can get a giant tegu for 350 and I said no and thats when my boyfriend had called Bobby Hill back to tell him we like a refund back on the deposit.
I have read multiple posts this morning from several people that state that Bobby directly told them that the Reds were a bust this year. Very few were produced. There are multiple posts on Tegu talk forum.

If true, then according to his terms everyone should be entitled to a full refund that purchased Reds. Correct?

Instead of taking these posts as gospel I would like to ask Bobby directly. Where the Reds a bust this year again? Did the people from last year get there animals or refunds? Laura in a earlier post stated that the people from 2011 haven't been made whole yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
I attempted to make the "thief" label more palatable to you in my previous post;
"It certainly isn't Bobby's "point of view" that should condone or excuse what boils down to the ugliness of theft ... or at the very least, to make it more palatable, promises not kept, contracts secured by money not fulfilled.

Given the current conundrum of a more accurate label, (aside from "stubborn, untrustworthy" and what... irritated?), would swindler, deceiver, scammer, charlatan or defrauder work for now? He owes animals or refunds or explanations to more than just one or two people, you know.

We all (well maybe not you, of course) have money problems! I don't think it's a terrible stretch to speculate he probably does too, nor does that in and of itself make him a bad guy. However, I didn't take cash for product I couldn't deliver in 2011 and then repeat taking cash for "hopeful" product in 2012 when I hadn't even fulfilled 2011 obligations!

As far as your not hounding him for not doing what is right; you have made your plea more than once here. I betcha he's seen it. Somehow I doubt any irritation he may have with you (or influence you wish to impose) has had or will have much bearing on him "doing the right thing". After all, there are customers from 2011 that are still waiting. So much for irritation or influence.

When he makes good with either animals or fair refunds, then we can look for a better "label". I'm hopeful we can ... when his customers have been compensated fairly.
For some reason after reading the other forums, I thought 2011 was taken care of somehow. If not then it's going to be hard to take care of two seasons of bad hatch rates to compensate those waiting, is it not?

Personally Bobby, Not going to dictate to you how to run your business but after all the people that came forward last year about the animals not produced that people put a deposit down on and this year not producing what you counted on (if true), maybe you should rethink your procedures on taking deposits on eggs? Even if you do 100% of what you state you are going to do, people are going to be disappointed when they don't get the animal they reserved.

If the Reds are a bust two years in a row that's a lot of disappointment for you I'm sure but those waiting on the animals are no less disappointed.

I can see where someone who didn't plan for this type of drawback and the costs of maintenance through the year might have a hard time processing returns that they took orders for throughout the year. Not to mention all the unfortunate problems that occur to just about everyone that life throws at you. If this is the case, state it, fix it and change procedures, please. Honesty, is the best way to go.

Quote:
Then 2days ago we called him and he talkedto us saying they were all sold and wanted us to get a giant tegu but all we now want is our money back from him. Not sure whats going on but this is sure not right
Just pushing people to get animals they didn't reserve isn't the right response. If you didn't produced enough to cover deposits you guaranteed refunds and that is what people deserve.

Bobby, I really don't know what is going on and if you had some major egg loses but I would hope you would change your mind and address it on the forums.

I read your previous post and that you believe you owe none here an explanation and weren't going to post. I hope that you reconsider. From the start of this there are many (not just here but on other sites) that have put in a good word for you and have faith that you will honor your agreements.

A lot of people have taken flack for holding out for a explanation from you.
Tere even took some flak for posting the emails for you here. Wes was holding out for an explanation as well and you haven't bothered to return his communications.

Regardless if you like this site or not or any other site, I would have expected you to be here and everywhere defending your name and business.

Anyone that has ever talked to you on the phone or in person knows you love what you do. They know your passion for tegus. They know how you can spend hours talking about husbandry and anything else. They know you are very genuine and passionate in that sense. Business is different. No amount of passion, desire and good intentions matter if you can't fulfill your promises.

I have held out on posting because I believed you would remedy those that sent you their hard earned funds with either animals or refunds. I also believed there was enough people stating their opinions that mind didn't matter.

The posts that I have been reading on the tegus sites this morning are quit surprising. For every post that states you have been forthcoming and answer communications there seems to be just as many that state you never contact them, never respond to emails that once the deposit was taken they never hear from you. It's hard to dismiss such things particularly when people posting supportive statements for you and your animals also go on and state to expect crappy communication when there are problems.

Why would people that are supportive of you, animals and business also state you refuse to contact them? Heck, even people that rave about the quality of your animals and that it is worth the wait and being patient are stating it is worth it even with the sub-par customer service just to get the animals.

When you are the major supplier and one of the most talked about breeders within a chosen species there will also be someone who will want to take you down a notch and you will always be a target BUT

sometimes when your on top and you produce the quality that most want and have little competition, it can lead to Arrogance.

I hope that's not the case. I wish you would come forward a discuss the issues and take care of these people.

Over the years some people have taken shots on past threads and posts of yours, for that matter, most of us have experienced those types of shots. All of that can be dismissed. Until these last couple of threads nobody could say you were a bad businessman or attack your character here in regards to your business, communication or your honesty. No-matter what your opinion was I always knew it was your honest opinion regardless if you were right or wrong.

This is different and I hope you address it.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #77
Ed Clark
Bobby has done this in the past,not this many people complaining as this year.he has enough fans,supporters and friends here to say enough good things about him to smooth things over.

I don't think a good word or 2 will make this go away.he needs to step up to the plate here and start posting.it still will not make him a good guy but it will show he's concerned and wants to make it right for all his customers he is robbing.

How about it Bobby are you man enough to step up?

Or will you enjoy hearing sellers say to their customers, I promise not to Varnyard you on this sale.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #78
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
Bobby has done this in the past,not this many people complaining as this year.he has enough fans,supporters and friends here to say enough good things about him to smooth things over.

I don't think a good word or 2 will make this go away.he needs to step up to the plate here and start posting.it still will not make him a good guy but it will show he's concerned and wants to make it right for all his customers he is robbing.

How about it Bobby are you man enough to step up?

Or will you enjoy hearing sellers say to their customers, I promise not to Varnyard you on this sale.
mr. clark, don't you think you should clean your own house before you go throwing mud in bobby's?

Have YOU taken care of all the people you lied to?

Have YOU taken care of all the people who paid for things they didn't get?

In all honesty mr. clark, YOU, of all people, have NO business taking bobby to task for what you yourself have done in the past.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #79
Ed Clark
wes,why on earth would you choose to attack me in this thread?my post was on topic about Bobby Hill robbing his customers I also was trying to get him to post in this thread.

You have been stalking me for years wes,PM or email me if you have a problem.

You wes are one of the defenders of Bobby Hill,honestly he does not deserve any support after all this.and btw you do not know what you are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn View Post
mr. clark, don't you think you should clean your own house before you go throwing mud in bobby's?

Have YOU taken care of all the people you lied to?

Have YOU taken care of all the people who paid for things they didn't get?

In all honesty mr. clark, YOU, of all people, have NO business taking bobby to task for what you yourself have done in the past.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #80
Snake-Queen
Dennis, that was by far the best post! I agree with you 100%.

Mr. Hill, please respond and work this out. I would like to be able to point my customers who want tegus, to you again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bobby hill, tegusforsale.com, varnyard