Inquiry John Farr dealings and husbandry practices. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:02 AM   #11
Amelanistic Orca
So many NOOBS... So much information out there, and still a John Farr is out there!

#blownaway

Old 11-27-2014, 11:28 AM   #12
ElexisC
I love how he says in a later email "I've been using the same bag of aspen for my milk snakes and they don't have mites" But before that says he picked up a bag of mulch.. I would ask for proof he did kill the animals although he could easily say he threw them away since he said "trash pick up is tomorrow" Who puts a snake down for mites? and so cruelly?? I think hes just trying to get his money back. Has no quarantine in place. So those pythons most likely got mites from his other snakes and is blaming you for his snakes having them. If you and no one else has mites they are not from you. I just picked up a female on the 16th, she was infested with mites, Shes still alive and doing well in quarantine. How could someone so callously kill a snake over mites?? I hope no one sells to him or buys from him every again!

Old 11-27-2014, 01:32 PM   #13
Jermosh
I am open that I could have given him a snake with a mite. Mites happen, its part of dealing with all animals. This is why I have protocols in place, because infestations don't happen to good owners IMHO. I was at the show with my animals Oct 4/5, but I treat the substrate, and treat my table clothes. FOR THIS VERY REASON.

That said, I have no signs of mites, which I was not my only intent to really try to defend myself, but to help him try to find the source better.

Old 11-27-2014, 01:58 PM   #14
Pasodama
Who really knows where the mites came from.
However, via Mr. Farr's communications, it is clear that he does not exercise proper quarantine procedures, with newly arrived/acquired reptiles, nor isolation, or disposal, or treatment of boxes/items that newly arrive at his home/facility. So, it is not difficult to assume the mites' origin was with him.
Again, who really knows.

Cannot believe Mr. Farr put the snakes down simply for mites ... and in such an inhumane manner!

'Course, no proof of mites, or deceased snakes, have been provided either.

Personally, at least with what has been posted thus far, I feel that nothing is owed to Mr. Farr.
It appears that he has proven nothing (other than his deplorable qt practice, etc.).
Also, after agreeing to wait re. temperament and after his (later) report of mites, I do not see where he requested a refund. Instead (per his communication), HE chose, almost immediately, to put the snakes down. His choice, his fault/error.

Old 11-27-2014, 02:05 PM   #15
Snake-Queen
That is crazy! To freeze snakes because of mites!

I treat all incoming snakes for mites, regardless if I see any or not; I also treat the snakes I've taken to shows too. I like preventive measures, instead of war.

If he normally breeds boas, I will be on the look out.

Old 11-28-2014, 12:42 AM   #16
lillyorchid
How sad. Mites are so easy to treat and get rid of. No need to kill off any snakes because of mites. Mites happen. Prevent a mite is great to use.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:56 AM   #17
snakesareawesome
Thanks for posting this, I certainly would not want to deal with this person.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:29 AM   #18
Teatime
Wow, I'm guessing medical attention is also out of the question since this person freezes snakes for something as treatable as mites. I know that treating them is a big pain since you have to treat all your snakes, but it's easily preventable as you mentioned. Also, for someone as experienced as he claims to be I'm surprised that he gave them absolutely zero time in quarantine.

Old 11-28-2014, 04:51 PM   #19
Jermosh
Well I tried to contact him but he refuses to open the email. If someone has the gumption or time, please do contact him and let him know about this thread.

I have contacted the local Herp Society, and will be contacting Vet, Reptile Shops, and the Show Coordinators and make them aware of this practice. I want to give him the chance to clarify or present his POV.

I also want to appologise for including Dr Funk in the one email screen shot, I should have smudged it out. I know Dr Funk and we are connected through PHS as he is their on staff USDA vet. He is fantastic Vet and would in no way or form condone this type of behavoir, if he suspected the extremely rare IBD, he would take a simple blood test, and then and only then recommend humane euthanasia in the case of Python, and extreme quarentine for Boa in the least.

John Farr does have an account here:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ight=John+Farr
Attached Images

Old 11-28-2014, 06:22 PM   #20
JColt
I'm sure he opened it and just playing childish game. Looks like a few of his post's are claiming some type of wrong did to him. He sounds like a passive type scammer to me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!