Bad Guy Mike Matson (Mikes Phat Frogs) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-28-2016, 10:21 AM   #1
kcexotics
Mike Matson (Mikes Phat Frogs)

I ordered a 20 lot of Pacmans 3/13/16 before seeing all his recent reviews on the BOI. Agreed on a Mon for Tues delivery. Called off work Tues frogs never came. Emailed Mike he said they were never shipped, and they were going out for Weds. Called off work again, frogs came Weds. One was DOA and several were clearly EXTREMELY bloated. Within 72hrs half were dead most within the first 12hrs. My shipping temps were in the mid 60's, I don't believe for one second these frogs became ill during the shipping process. I ordered 10 lime albinos and 10 peppermints. All but one of the lime albinos died within the first 72hrs. I have since lost three of the peppermints to a bacterial infection, they had cloudy eyes when I got them. The seven remaining frogs I have are doing fine and have tripled in size BUT.... Most of the remaining peppermints, which are supposed to stay bright green are turning dark green/brown and look like normal green Pacmans.
Mike said he would replace the entire order, I've been waiting almost three months for twenty frogs. Mike says he doesn't have frogs out of the water yet, but continues to post available frogs on Facebook. I've seen a few other people on Facebook groups complaining that all their lime albino from Mike Matson died.
Mike has since told me they will not be replaced because I out'ed him on a Facebook group. He responded with his typical empty school girl threats.

Old 05-28-2016, 11:08 AM   #2
tcp2
I wonder if there is some way to put out the word on Mike in a way that more people will see it? He stole $500.00 from me by hiding behind his then girlfriend's paypal account and Fauna account. He then ran away when I had him in my grips by luring him in by having someone else answer one of his ads for the sale of an illegal animal. He is too much of a lowlife to continue to get away with this. BY the time most people see the multiple posting about Mike on Fauna, they have already lost money to him.

Old 05-28-2016, 11:43 AM   #3
The new repti keeper
I am glad I have seen this I was planning on buying a few pacman frogs from the man but now, heck no. Now I need to find someone else to get pacman frogs from

Old 05-28-2016, 12:33 PM   #4
SynPlus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcexotics View Post
I ordered a 20 lot of Pacmans 3/13/16 before seeing all his recent reviews on the BOI. Agreed on a Mon for Tues delivery. Called off work Tues frogs never came. Emailed Mike he said they were never shipped, and they were going out for Weds. Called off work again, frogs came Weds. One was DOA and several were clearly EXTREMELY bloated. Within 72hrs half were dead most within the first 12hrs. My shipping temps were in the mid 60's, I don't believe for one second these frogs became ill during the shipping process. I ordered 10 lime albinos and 10 peppermints. All but one of the lime albinos died within the first 72hrs. I have since lost three of the peppermints to a bacterial infection, they had cloudy eyes when I got them. The seven remaining frogs I have are doing fine and have tripled in size BUT.... Most of the remaining peppermints, which are supposed to stay bright green are turning dark green/brown and look like normal green Pacmans.
Mike said he would replace the entire order, I've been waiting almost three months for twenty frogs. Mike says he doesn't have frogs out of the water yet, but continues to post available frogs on Facebook. I've seen a few other people on Facebook groups complaining that all their lime albino from Mike Matson died.
Mike has since told me they will not be replaced because I out'ed him on a Facebook group. He responded with his typical empty school girl threats.
I have had Mike added on Facebook since the Phoenix Repticon show, as my experiences interacting with him were positive. I'm saying this because I just recently saw an exchange between you two show up in my news feed. Since you did not post any screen shots, I'll post them here:

Since Mike is unable to post to Fauna, I've contacted him regarding this to see what he says. Also, according to these screenshots It looks like it has been two months, not three, since this has occurred. Just noting that for clarity and to make sure I am reading this all right. Regardless, that is still a while to have to wait for frogs.

That being said, I asked him about this exchange, as well as if he still planned on giving you replacements and this is what he said:

If you have already filed a claim with Paypal, do you still expect replacement frogs? Are you expecting a full refund from Paypal or a partial refund based on which frogs survived?

Old 05-28-2016, 12:48 PM   #5
kcexotics

He has already stated I wasn't getting replacement frogs.

Old 05-28-2016, 12:50 PM   #6
SynPlus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcexotics View Post

He has already stated I wasn't getting replacement frogs.
Trying really hard to read that but I can't, sorry.

Try using imgur.com for image hosting, or cropping the image into two photos.

Old 05-28-2016, 12:59 PM   #7
kcexotics
And were are you getting your screen shots lol he stated here to the same guy no replacement bc I'm an asshole. He has also gotten pics of the normal greens he's calling peppermints.

Old 05-28-2016, 01:05 PM   #8
SynPlus
I am friends with him on Facebook, I am asking him questions via messenger. When date did Mike tell you he wasn't going to issue a replacement?

Old 05-28-2016, 01:30 PM   #9
kcexotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynPlus View Post
If you have already filed a claim with Paypal, do you still expect replacement frogs? Are you expecting a full refund from Paypal or a partial refund based on which frogs survived?
I don't expect anything from him. At this point I just assume eat the loss to let others know. I filed a PayPal claim for a partial refund. Mike didn't accept it, and escalated it to a claim. Even the remaining living ones are not as described. I wont accept anything other than a full refund at this point.

Old 05-28-2016, 01:33 PM   #10
SynPlus
The reason I asked for a date is because according to Mike, you escalated to a PayPal claim on the 22nd, and from what I've seen on the photos, it looks like you began asking for a full refund as of yesterday. I was asking you for dates because I just want to hear both sides of the story.

Personally, I wouldn't offer a replacement on an order that was going through a PayPal dispute.

Do you have any photos to back up your claims that the remaining frogs are not as described?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!