Bad Guy John Wilson adamsbraown67@gmail.com SCAM - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:59 AM   #11
morbidangel
I have also received an e mail very similar to these, for an animal that I have for sale. I would post it but I don't know how to post screen shots on here. The name of the person sending the email was SCRAPMETAL

Said they would pay 40 extra for the delay
Said they would pay by M.O. or cashiers check
Said they would make arrangements to pick up

if someone can tell me how to post a screen shot I would be very happy to post it

Old 03-17-2017, 10:16 AM   #12
Black Adder
These exact types of scams have been going on since the web was invented near enough.
They never really veer far from the stereotypical outline either
Usually so so easy to spot
I list my animals here and on CL as well just because it is free but also knowing I will usually get some spam scam.
All my ads on CL state text only
The classic two word" still available" is still the most popular
A simple no and I never hear from them again, saves wasting any of my precious time.
Also only ever seems to occur to me for items valued of $200?
They must have a pretty well sorted search engine running looking for specific types of ads imo.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:44 AM   #13
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
Also only ever seems to occur to me for items valued of $200?
$200-$500 seems like the typical range to target someone on.
People are more willing to simply give up and walk away having been scammed on lower figures, and it isn't high enough for the police to care that much.

Steal a little from a lot of people seems to be the goal of your average low-end internet scammer.
Avoid the full spotlight of a major attempt.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:54 AM   #14
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbidangel View Post
if someone can tell me how to post a screen shot
How to "post" a screen shot OR "take" a screen shot?
Posting a screen shot is no different than what you did with your Guyana boa ad.

Old 03-17-2017, 12:04 PM   #15
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
$200-$500 seems like the typical range to target someone on.
People are more willing to simply give up and walk away having been scammed on lower figures, and it isn't high enough for the police to care that much.

Steal a little from a lot of people seems to be the goal of your average low-end internet scammer.
Avoid the full spotlight of a major attempt.
Exactly Robert!
I know it sounds callous but yes most folk will just chalk a loss in that range up to bad luck( bad judgement really)

Each state has different limits before the authorities will even become interested in it or call it a felony.

I truly feel sorry for the unfortunates who cannot see past these low life attempts to part them from their hard earned money.

Please be diligent, do your research!

Old 03-17-2017, 12:28 PM   #16
Eric Alan
Same guy sent me an email from this same address and several texts from 650-825-5729.

Old 03-17-2017, 12:34 PM   #17
Eric Alan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Alan View Post
Same guy sent me an email from this same address and several texts from 650-825-5729.
Also, he claimed his zip code was 33810.

Old 03-17-2017, 03:55 PM   #18
Eric Alan
He just changed numbers again - what a joke. 650-410-3537 this time.

Old 03-17-2017, 04:07 PM   #19
Robert Walker
He just tried again right now under this new account:
Joffred1209

Old 03-17-2017, 04:11 PM   #20
ZackGreensReptiles
Thanks for the heads up, I just received a message to send him an email....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!