Bad Guy Omar Zamudio-Thief Scammer Psycho - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-14-2017, 12:52 PM   #1
ADD Reptiles
Omar Zamudio-Thief Scammer Psycho

I'm not going to lie, this is going to be a long thread. I will start from the beginning and provide all of my evidence I have acquired. This all began with a help wanted ad that I had posted on our social media November 8th. I received a text from the number 310-866-9640 inquiring about the job. Due to the high volume of inquiries I didn't have a chance to reply.

As far as I know this is the only thing I possibly could have done to upset this individual. On November 11th things went south very quickly. First I received comments on our Instagram from an account by the name of "Bradzam" which were very confusing. Shorty after I received a phone call from an unknown number and that's where the threats began. The guy started all of this gangster talk telling me "you don't F with so and so, i'm going to destroy you, your sales are done, etc." I kindly told the guy he had the wrong number and then hung up. This is where the idiot made his first mistake, he texted me from his real number and I realized it was the same number who asked me about a pectinata and my job advertisement.
Name:  IMG_9603.jpg
Views: 1517
Size:  142.0 KB
Name:  IMG_9605.jpg
Views: 1526
Size:  148.8 KB

I'll admit I was a little freaked out at this point. Then I saw a post from Anthony Sainz about the same guy and how he was having issues with the same individual. I made a post on our social media detailing the incident, provided the individuals phone number and requested that our followers send him gratuitous amounts of (pardon my French) "dick pics". I know this was not the most mature thing on my part but I'm very glad I did it because I would have never discovered the extent of this guy's crimes otherwise.

Shortly after my post I was contacted by Anthony when he realized the phone number I provided matched the phone number on a shipment that Stephen Brezel was scammed on a few months prior.
Name:  IMG_9608.jpg
Views: 1522
Size:  173.7 KB
At this point the guy was calling me every 10 minutes from a blocked number and I couldn't figure out how to block it so I downloaded an app called "Hiya" which is supposed to do just that. It didn't, instead it displayed the name "Omar Zamudio" by the number he originally contacted me from. Anthony confirmed this from emails he had received from the individual from the address allpawsplayground@yahoo.com. I eventually had to turn my phone off because he would not stop calling.

Sunday morning when I woke up I had 20 something voicemails. I will admit that I am a pretty cold hearted bastard but this next part is very difficult for me to recount. For the most part they all had the same empty threats he used previously but then I came across a message where he stated: "I'm going to rape your wife while you watch, and kill your newborn." That is where I had had enough. I was perfectly fine with him threatening me but when he threatened my wife and my 6 week old son I felt sick to my stomach.

I am trying to keep my composure and be as professional as possible in this post but it is far from easy. After that I vowed I would have this SOB thrown in prison and so far I have had a lot of help from good friends. Here are some other individuals who have come forward with accusations against Omar:

The Painted Reptile: On 12/11/16 Omar Zamudio was caught on security camera stealing a Leopard Tortoise. Here is his photo provided by one of their employees:
Name:  IMG_9643.jpg
Views: 1515
Size:  121.3 KB

Exotic Pets Las Vegas: On 10/16/17 Under the name of David Dean, Omar was shipped a Pied Pectinata after which the card used was reported stolen and money returned.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are other victims. I also heard a report that he was caught stealing from a booth at a reptile show but I cannot verify that at this time. I filed a police report Monday 11/13. The officer didn't seem too interested in the credit card fraud, all he said was that they "take threats against people's lives very seriously". I highly doubt any further investigation will be made but that's LAPD for you. My one remaining hope is that this man will be black listed by the reptile community so that no one else will fall victim to this garbage.

This is my first time posting on the BOI so I apologize but I don't know how to post more than the 4 allowed photos. I would like to post all of the evidence I have, do I use Photobucket and the insert image option? Also the camera footage of him stealing is on Facebook, is there any way to link it?

Old 11-14-2017, 03:43 PM   #2
JColt
That is pretty messed up Michael. Just a heads up, You need to block out the curse words in future posts so you don't keep getting infractions. Hope CC company can help. And LAPD.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:44 PM   #3
Donald C
Might be a good idea to keep pushing the police avenue. Those are some very ugly and specific threats. You could also turn the inaction on the PD's part over to local media to put a little pressure on them to actually do more to nab this guy.

For all the photos, you will have to post using the attachment option, as exterior links have a habit of disappearing over time, and the attachment stays forever.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:48 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
You need to post your photo evidence (including reposting the photos you already shared) via the Attachment Feature. This is one of the rules for posting in the BOI. Here is a link that explains how to do so:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=304671
4 photos allowed per post, so if you have more than 4, make a reply and post the additional photos.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:49 PM   #5
ADD Reptiles
Thank you, should I take the pictures down and replace them with the cleaned up versions?

Old 11-14-2017, 03:50 PM   #6
AbsoluteApril
Posts on the BOI cannot be edited, please just be aware for the future.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:19 PM   #7
ADD Reptiles
Will do, here are more. First picture indicates that the 310-866-9640 number is associated with Omar. The second pic shows the alias he uses "David Dean" and the phone number on the label matches his. The third picture is the shipping information from Jim at Exotic Pets showing David Dean as the recipient and the same address Stephen shipped to. The second number listed is associated with his dog grooming business which I will get to shortly. The last picture is the Pied Pectinata that was sent to Omar, for which was paid for with a stolen credit card and now his free of charge.
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2017, 04:38 PM   #8
ADD Reptiles
This is the conversation I had with my friend and former employee who used to work at The Painted Reptile. He also sent me a Facebook link to the surveillance camera showing him stealing the tortoise which I can't figure out how to link on here.
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2017, 04:51 PM   #9
ADD Reptiles
As my friend said, his boss tried to confront him at his residence. In the first picture you see him confirming that the 4238 Mammoth Ave. residence. The second picture is a dog grooming business that he either runs or is associated with. If you look at the phone number listed you will notice that it matches one of the numbers given to Jim for the pectinatas shipping info. Also if you read some of the Yelp reviews you'll get a pretty accurate picture of Omar. The third photo shows Anthony Sainz having his daughter threatened by Omar with the same email provided by my friend.
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2017, 05:12 PM   #10
Lucille
On the chance that All Paws is merely an innocent business and Omar is an employee, I have sent them a link to this thread.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!