Bad Guy The Urban Gecko is threating to sue me - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:13 AM   #1
Sostic
The Urban Gecko is threating to sue me

Hello everyone this is my first post here. There's a lot of back story to this but some of you may have seen my videos on YouTube where I explain everything. I would recommend watching them before commenting as there is too much to explain. My Channel is Sostic or you can just look up The Urban Gecko on YouTube. Here's the link to my first video on them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8dycJzvuJU
I was recommended to make a post here by one of my subscribers. It will make a lot more sense if you watch the videos and then come back and read the email. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Sam Stuelke
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2018, 12:17 PM   #2
Lucille
Sam, rather than link inking to information that can be removed, it might be better to explain the exact issue here where the information is permanent. Making a video and saying you are dissatisfied with the company is fine as long as the factual information you have provided is true and accurate. Is it? It is expensive to sue for defamation and often a company or person will threaten to do so with no actual intention, just to try to scare the other party into removing information.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:27 PM   #3
Lucille
I have contacted The Urban Gecko through their site to let them know that this thread is here so that they too have an opportunity to present their side and to explain here if they feel that any falsehoods have been published about them.
Again, if all that was said is that you feel that the transaction was unsatisfactory, that is different than publishing a false accusation.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:28 PM   #4
Snake-Queen
I don't have the time, nor the inclination to watch several 20+ minute videos. I'd rather read the information, as I can read faster than someone can talk. I can also go back to reference any written word much easier than the spoken word.

It is best if you take the time to write out your issues in clear concise words, breaking it up into paragraphs.

Also, attach any relevant photos and emails as proof.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:42 PM   #5
Lucille
Craig Stewart is a member here and he did receive some positive feedback in 2004 and 2007, but a later thread was not so positive
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=craig+stewart

Old 08-30-2018, 01:32 PM   #6
Zenbliss
I seen the videos and watched as it progressed. I think the videos were fair and you did update as the issue was talking care. It's not like you stopped making after the scam ones. I'm not a judge but as someone who buys geckos I was glad I seen the videos.

Old 08-30-2018, 01:48 PM   #7
Sostic
Before I begin I would like everyone to understand that this is simply my experience and my opinion. That being said me and Craig are trying to sort this out but I believe it's important that people know what goes on behind closed doors. And get accurate information about the breeder or company they want to buy from. I ordered two Crested geckos from the Urban gecko on December 3, 2017. I ordered a female Halloween and a male chocolate pinstripe. The next day I googled them and it said their location was permanently closed. I also saw a post on this forum of someone having problems with them too so that made me nervous. So I gave them a call from the phone number I got on my receipt but that didn’t work either. Finally I found a new number on Facebook and it worked so me and Craig talked and shortly after I got an email from his wife Lori. She said they ship to the US clients every two to three weeks but they hadn’t set a ship date so they’d let me know when they do. Four days later on the 8th I asked when they thought they’d be shipping out. I didn’t get a response for another four days but on the 12th I got a message back saying that they had a personal emergency and that’s why it took so long to get back to me. They also said my geckos would be able to ship 1 - 2 weeks after Christmas. Now I understand things happen in life that you can’t control but I was already nervous about them due to everything I had seen and according to that review those people were given the same excuse. ( I would later have the same problem they had with the Halloween geckos being brown.) At this point after seeing all this happen I told them I’d rather receive a refund then go ahead I also didn’t want to wait that long for my geckos. ( I understand that it may have been too cold then but I didn’t expect to be waiting for two extra weeks.) Instead of doing a refund they offered me a credit of $250 to pick out another gecko. I agreed and they said they’d update the site in the next week or two and I could pick out a gecko then. This was on the 12th of December. Fast forward to January 2nd they still hadn’t updated the site but I did receive an email from Lori saying they’d have it posted Thursday. Thursday rolls around no update. I got another email saying sorry and that it’d be up Saturday. I picked out another Halloween female. Fast forward again Feb 19th I got an email saying they’d ship out that Wednesday for delivery Thursday and if that worked for me, of course I said yes. Now keep in mind that Wednesday was the 21st of February. The 22nd the day the geckos were supposed to arrive I got an email from them telling me they lost my male so they sent me a similar one. Obviously I was upset considering I had waited 3 months for these geckos and then after all this time they lose it on me. I just responded with “its okay haha”. Fast forward to March 4th I tried firing up the female Halloween I paid for and she’s not even orange at all but if you look at the pictures and look at the dorsal on both geckos they are the same gecko. How they got her to be that orange is beyond me. But I was upset that I paid $250 for a Halloween that turned out to just be brown and yellow. So I messaged them back very upset. I mean at this point they had lost my male the female isn’t what I ordered and so I felt very ripped off. I understand that I was pretty rude but I was just so upset. I had payed $490 for these geckos and so far I didn’t get the two geckos I actually paid for. Craig offered me full credit back to pick out another gecko and I did. Everything went smoothly from there and that was the end for me. I do have two 3rd person stories that took place at the same time this was happening where the people didn’t get what they ordered but I won’t share those unless asked because it is 3rd person. I’m thankful Craig tried to fixed this situation but so many things in this throw red flags for me so I made videos explaining what had happened. Thanks, Sam Stuelke

Old 08-30-2018, 01:50 PM   #8
Sostic
First emails for context
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2018, 01:51 PM   #9
Sostic
Important things I referenced in my paragraph are located in the images
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2018, 02:16 PM   #10
Sostic
Here's better pictures of the female Halloween I payed for. I think we can all agree that this is the same gecko just the wrong colors. How they made her so much more orange beats me.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!