Bad Guy The Urban Gecko is threating to sue me - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-06-2018, 06:33 PM   #91
Crested Cham Fan
Like several others have said, Craig does NOT have a good reputation, whatsoever. Especially up here in Canada.

Some years back he had mentioned was was going to attend the Western Canadian Reptile Expo, however cancelled his flight to Alberta the night before the show. Turns out he had a group of people decidedly unhappy with past business with him all attending the show, and Craig would rather not have actually faced them in person, and as such cancelled out at the last minute.

Take of that what you will, but like others have said, I would not be overly worried about any legal action. I watched all your videos as well, and they were very even tempered and fair. Not slanderous at all.

Old 09-06-2018, 06:41 PM   #92
Ed Clark
Sam if you feel you have been wronged go full force straight at them. they may never pay you but you will annoy them enough that you may get paid.

Old 09-06-2018, 06:42 PM   #93
Snake-Queen
They'd have to prove what you said was untrue. As far as I can tell, the gecko is either not the same one or their image has been enhanced. Neither option puts TUG in a good light.

In addition to that, they have logistics issues, being that they are in Canada & you are in the US. You being a minor could also cause complications for them.

From now on, any further contact with them should be through email, which you can share here so that everyone can see their bully tactics. If you choose not to share, do not delete them; you may need them later.

I may have been a little harsh before, but bully tactics never set well with me.

Old 09-06-2018, 07:11 PM   #94
WebSlave
This is just an observation on my part, and my own opinion, but the people dealing in basically penny ante stuff (relatively speaking) are NOT going to be willing nor able to fork out the money necessary to file a lawsuit, especially one they will likely not win. Many will even pretend to be an attorney rather than spend the money necessary to even issue bonafide demand letters threatening legal action.

Lawsuits are expensive to launch. To even consider that someone engaging in wrangling over disagreements on animals or products for less than $500 is going to spend 20 to 100 times that amount to retain a lawyer and take a person to court that is publicly complaining about their actions, is just plain ludicrous.

IMHO, of course.

Old 09-06-2018, 07:37 PM   #95
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
This is just an observation on my part, and my own opinion, but the people dealing in basically penny ante stuff (relatively speaking) are NOT going to be willing nor able to fork out the money necessary to file a lawsuit, especially one they will likely not win. Many will even pretend to be an attorney rather than spend the money necessary to even issue bonafide demand letters threatening legal action.

Lawsuits are expensive to launch. To even consider that someone engaging in wrangling over disagreements on animals or products for less than $500 is going to spend 20 to 100 times that amount to retain a lawyer and take a person to court that is publicly complaining about their actions, is just plain ludicrous.

IMHO, of course.

Rich,
VERY WELL SAID!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 09-06-2018, 10:06 PM   #96
tlmoon
Sam, first off I am very impressed how mature, well spoken, and organized you are and you are only 17! In your video you mentioned something about study hall, and I thought, huh I didn't realize they did that in college. So you are doing a great job dealing with this difficult situation.

Do what is right for YOU. The Urban Gecko has been shown to be questionable at best at the beginning of the thread. Now, we see that they are bullying a minor into silence. This is despicable behavior. Even if you leave the videos down, they have really shown their true colors. If you want to put the videos back up, that's great. But do what's best for you. Take some time to think about it, and talk to your guardian.

Whatever you do, you've done a great job standing up for yourself and in helping others avoid being taken advantage of.

Old 09-07-2018, 08:11 AM   #97
Lucille
Sam, I want to mention a few possible things they may try so that if you do decide to put up the videos, you are not alarmed.
The first is that they may talk about what their purported attorney is going to do. This should be given about the same weight as those people who call your home and tell you that the IRS is going to put you in jail unless you send the caller $2000.
Second, they may pretend to be an attorney themselves. But it doesn't matter who makes bogus threats, they are still bogus.
Third, they may get an actual attorney to send a cease and desist letter, which is just more of the same empty threats. A cease and desist letter is simply a notification.
All of these empty actions are free or cost them very little in terms of money (of course these actions may cost them their reputation, but there is some question as to how much of a reputation they had left before they even met you).

Please realize how weak and pathetic they are. Their actions in bullying you show that in my opinion they are not fit to do business with.

Old 09-08-2018, 03:26 AM   #98
Amethysta
I wanted to add, In the US, minors are not supposed to be allowed to enter into a legal contract, which is why most breeders here in the US require an adult make the purchase. I have seen all the videos -- months and months ago when I was looking for videos about breeders. There is absolutely nothing that is defaming about your videos. As others have said, you went about this in a matter of fact manor. I have yet to see anything that is opinion based or defaming. I would not have handled this as well as you have. He is bluffing, and I would call him on it. It would be his burden of proof to prove this.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:49 AM   #99
AllisonLeigh
Really? Bullying 17 year olds?? Craig, you know you have problems with the business so stop blaming those problems on a kid who gave you money and expected what he paid for. This is disgusting. I have been biting my tongue to keep from posting my experience, as it seemed to just be adding to the pile for no reason...

I had multiple credits from TUG as well, for things like when my breeding geckos that were supposed to be het for nothing popped out with tremper albino babies in the first breeding. Or the time I received a gecko with no air holes in the container and they said they didn't notice that some of the ones they ordered didn't come pre punched. Or the fact they sent me a different gecko than what I had ordered on one of those "oppsy" credits. Or the horrible engima syndrome that I watched the poor baby suffer and die from. I understand that is a risk with the engima gene so that I took more as a "damn that was unlucky" one instead of their fault, but really... Come on TUG, you could learn from these mistakes instead of threatening kids.

Old 09-08-2018, 10:20 AM   #100
Amethysta
O.o Seriously about the air holes?

I create tub enclosures, and my first purchase was a wood burning tool -- keeping in mind this was way before I ordered my crested geckos (no not from TUG). It takes all of a second to push a hole into a deli container with the soldering tool or wood burner. Who doesn't look at your shipping container when you are placing an animal inside it for shipment?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!