Bad Guy The Urban Gecko is threating to sue me - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-30-2018, 02:34 PM   #11
Snake-Queen
I haven't read that huge block of text, as I have a headache and reading a wall of words right now is not possible.

As far as the picture of the gecko, I have seen a very drab crestie fire up and look awesome. It is possible she has never fired up for you and was fired up when they took that picture. I couldn't say for sure that is the case though.

Old 08-30-2018, 02:38 PM   #12
Sostic
The last pictures I put are her fired up all the way lol

Old 08-30-2018, 02:39 PM   #13
Snake-Queen
Also, to my untrained eye, those do not look like the same gecko. The side patterns are different.

You also got a full credit for that gecko, so you have a nice free female.

Old 08-30-2018, 05:43 PM   #14
Sostic
I'm 99% sure they're the same gecko, but you are correct I did get full credit for that gecko.

Old 08-30-2018, 05:54 PM   #15
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sostic View Post
I mean at this point they had lost my male the female isn’t what I ordered and so I felt very ripped off. I understand that I was pretty rude but I was just so upset. I had payed $490 for these geckos and so far I didn’t get the two geckos I actually paid for. Craig offered me full credit back to pick out another gecko and I did. Everything went smoothly from there and that was the end for me.
OK, so it sounds like things went wrong with the transaction and the company looks like it tried to help.
So exactly what is it that you said on the videos that they are upset about, did you accurately describe the mishaps and how you were unhappy?

Old 08-30-2018, 06:11 PM   #16
Sostic
What I typed up is pretty much what I said in my first video. In my opinion I described it accurately and fairly and I think most people who watched the videos would agree. Just look at the comments. Both here and in my video. However they can play off what happened to me as an honest mistake and mistakes do happen. But after I showed what happened to two other people around the same time it becomes hard to prove that they're all just mistakes.

Old 08-30-2018, 06:30 PM   #17
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sostic View Post
I'm 99% sure they're the same gecko, but you are correct I did get full credit for that gecko.
Well, I am 99% sure they are different geckos.

Aside from the dorsal patterns being different, the eye colors are different.
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2018, 06:35 PM   #18
Jo Nathan Kingfisher
It cost me $440 to find out first hand
Urban Gecko does photo tricks to sell animals.
Either photoshop or filtered lens or some other trick.
There was going to be no negotiation
about the "product" animal from Urban Gecko...
if they get your money
they are going to keep your money.

Old 08-30-2018, 07:24 PM   #19
Sostic
I would agree in my experience. Here's a picture just look at the back lines especially the weird V. Shes also fired down here.
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2018, 07:26 PM   #20
Teatime
I'm not familiar with geckos, not sure how similar their markings can be to each other, but I know that photos can be edited. Those images of geckos have the same light stripes along the dorsal ridges, same horizontal dorsal stripes, same tail pattern, same dark line across the head, same stripes on the legs, and same light dots on the side. The only difference I can see is obviously the colors and the side pattern. I think if you were darkening the picture/changing the colors, you could muddle some of the side pattern.

I also really don't like the policy of shipping a different male because the first one escaped on them. If I was their customer, I would expect to be contacted and given the option of a refund (NOT a store credit) or a different animal of my choice if they couldn't provide the first animal I had chosen. When I agree to buy a specific animal, I expect to receive that specific animal. Not a similar one that someone else chose for me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!