Bad Guy The Urban Gecko is threating to sue me - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-30-2018, 07:48 PM   #21
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sostic View Post
In my opinion I described it accurately and fairly
I did not look at the videos.
In my experience large companies with valid defamation complaints do not spend a lot of time threatening to sue. Many times their attorney will send a cease and desist but then if that is not effective it is followed by a legal action, not continued threats of action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teatime View Post
When I agree to buy a specific animal, I expect to receive that specific animal. Not a similar one that someone else chose for me.
I totally agree.
I contacted them earlier today via their website. Either they are not checking contact messages after setting up the contact medium themselves, or they do not care enough to respond.

Old 08-30-2018, 08:57 PM   #22
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I totally agree.
I contacted them earlier today via their website. Either they are not checking contact messages after setting up the contact medium themselves, or they do not care enough to respond.
That makes two of us who contacted them through their website.

I also agree that when I order a specific animal, I expect to get that animal, not a substitute.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:01 PM   #23
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sostic View Post
I would agree in my experience. Here's a picture just look at the back lines especially the weird V. Shes also fired down here.
The line is similar, but not the same. In the picture from urban gecko, the v is more pronounced and dips deeper than in the gecko you were sent. I could've been an honest mistake, but it could also be a replacement, like the male you were sent.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:12 PM   #24
Sostic
I personally believe they're the same just because of how similar the backs are but who knows.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:43 PM   #25
Ed Clark
Confusion,mix ups and they don't care seem to be contagious with the larger crestie breeders.

I went through a similar problem with AC reptiles with no resolution.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:43 PM   #26
tlmoon
I tried watching the video. WAYYYY too much detail about every little thing with the transaction you had with them. Sorry, not really criticizing you for it - I just could not sit through more than about 5 minutes.

From what I did hear, you were trying to be factual and even handed. However, I did only get about 5 minutes in. I hope you eventually got the shed off that gecko.....

So to condense this down, you ordered two geckos, had some difficulty getting what you ordered and had to wait quite awhile. There is also the issue of the pics of the gecko being honest pics or not. And, worst of all, when you made a youtube video about your experience, they threatened to sue you. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

They are a Canadian company it sounds like? I'm not sure if that changes anything in terms of legal issues.... If I make a video, sitting in my home in Oregon, that defames a company in Canada, which laws apply?

I think if they really had a high powered lawyer, you'd be hearing from the lawyer, not them. It sounds like they are pressuring you to take down the video (I noticed it has over 100K views and more than 500 comments so you are reaching a wide audience there).

Old 08-30-2018, 11:33 PM   #27
Sostic
Nope you are 100% correct, I'm sorry about the details I was just trying to be as thorough and transparent as possible. I'm not super upset about my order as they did take care of me but the fact that it happened like that still bothers me. I'm more upset with what they did to the two other people. All I've ever wanted was them to come clean about the whole thing. So I emailed them my videos hoping they'd realize more than just one person is upset with them and they'd try to fix it. Not with me but with the community in general. Instead they threatened me which in my opinion further proves my point.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:48 PM   #28
Snake-Queen
I wouldn't worry too much about their threats. As everyone else has stated, if they were serious, you would've been contacted by a lawyer.

Also, for slander/libel it has to be untrue, from some of the comments you were stating facts. As long as you told the truth, they don't have a case.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:08 AM   #29
Fatalis
I watched your whole video review and in my opinion you were not being slanderous. I felt the review came across as very honest and you seemed to give the whole story. I certainly would have been just as upset and frustrated in your position.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:29 AM   #30
Sostic
Thank you, I understand that not everyone wants to sit there and watch my videos but I appreciate that you did.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!