Bad Guy The Urban Gecko is threating to sue me - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:05 AM   #51
Sostic
I decided that'd I'd also like to present this piece of evidence.

Before I begin I would just like to preface that this is all based on my experience and opinion. Like I said earlier mistakes do happen. But at some point mistakes happen isn't a justifiable excuse anymore. I appreciate that in the end of the story they did offer her $300 credit towards another gecko. That being said you can’t erase the fact that this still happened. Keep in mind this story was happening almost at the same time as my issue. Cecilia Rangel did give me permission to share her story and screenshots from our chat.

After they had lost my male the sent me a similar male as you may remember and said it was more expensive than the one I wanted. I wanted to see if that was true and so I found it for sale on their site for $225. The only problem being it was sitting in my house but was still up for sale on their website. Two - three weeks later it was still for sale on their site! Cecilia and I wanted to see what happened if the gecko was purchased because obviously the gecko wasn’t with The Urban Gecko. She went ahead and purchased it. In my opinion the right thing to have done would have been to offer her a refund or tell her that the gecko she wanted had been sold to someone else and was no longer available. This way she could pick out a gecko she wanted. (Please check images as I have important screenshots, also the response she was given.) She was nervous because they hadn’t responded in almost a week and so she filed a refund request. They responded to her shortly after she filed a refund request through PayPal. She finally received the gecko and to little surprise it wasn’t the gecko that was in the pictures (obviously). It was still a nice gecko but they didn’t tell her she wasn’t getting what she ordered. Look at the pictures of mine and all the spots on the head compared to what she got.

She emailed them telling them what was wrong with the gecko. (This one didn’t have a perfect pinstripe and had no spots). And they confirmed that the gecko she ordered isn’t what they sent her and that they’d go back and figure out what happened. They only told her this after she had already gotten the gecko and emailed them about it. Had she not emailed them they probably wouldn’t have said anything in my opinion. (Please check the pictures for the email they sent her back.) The way I read it makes it seem like they still had the gecko she ordered and that it was missing which we know isn’t true. I’m glad they offered her credit.

Let’s pretend for a second some random Joe bought that gecko instead not knowing it wasn’t available. (This could’ve happened as Cecilia didn’t buy it right away). He pays $290 for a gecko that's yellow and black with a perfect pinstripe and spots. He receives a gecko that’s orange and black with no spots and a broken pinstripe. Wouldn't you be upset? Especially if the company didn’t even tell you? If I dished out $290 I’d expect to get what I ordered, or at the very least they tell me that they sold it so I can pick out something else. What good does it do to only tell them when they already have it and they have to ask you about it? I’m glad this happened to Cecilia because she already knew it wasn’t there and not some random person looking for a gecko. Fixing the issues with free credit is nice but it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

I did make videos before she ordered and after showing the result so everyone saw what happened as it was happening. I think it’s important as a consumer to know who you’re potentially buying from. That being said by sharing my experiences I was simply trying to show what had happened to me and to her. The point was never to bash. - Sam Stuelke
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2018, 10:38 AM   #52
nickolasanastasiou
Yeah, that "missing" thing is spin if I am to use generous language.

My opinion is that these credit offers, while superficially nice, are easy to offer because the animals have a pretty good chance of being obtained via bottom-dollar wholesale deals. I would suspect that the probable multitude of completely unnoticed "oopsies" make a killing in profit such that the occasional customer who displays awareness of a switcheroo is an acceptable risk (tiny enough fraction of the total).

Old 09-01-2018, 11:23 AM   #53
Sostic
You have a good point

Old 09-02-2018, 05:30 PM   #54
pepsiandjac
I think it's the same gecko,
It looks like they have flipped the photo,
Have a look to see if he has a triangle on his other side.
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2018, 06:54 PM   #55
Sostic
Unfortunately I sold that gecko a couple weeks back but I'll take a look at the pictures I have. I was going to say the same thing earlier.

Old 09-03-2018, 06:45 PM   #56
Sostic
This issue is now resolved.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:04 PM   #57
nickolasanastasiou
One of those situations, eh? Well, congratulations, I suppose. At least this record remains.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:48 PM   #58
Liveforthis
I watched your videos a while back. I thought you did a good job explaining what happened. I see you removed em.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:51 PM   #59
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sostic View Post
This issue is now resolved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sostic View Post
That being said me and Craig are trying to sort this out but I believe it's important that people know what goes on behind closed doors. And get accurate information about the breeder or company they want to buy from.
It is so good of you to help the community that you went to when things were going badly by discussing the particulars of this new resolution so we would know what went on behind closed doors.

What do I think? That they either bribed you or threatened you further to drop the whole issue.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:21 PM   #60
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
It is so good of you to help the community that you went to when things were going badly by discussing the particulars of this new resolution so we would know what went on behind closed doors.

What do I think? That they either bribed you or threatened you further to drop the whole issue.
I believe the exact same thing.

I smell a B-R-I-B-E....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!