Bad Guy The Urban Gecko is threating to sue me - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-06-2018, 12:35 PM   #81
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubibro View Post
Has Urban Gecko threatened to sue Fauna Classified over this thread or do they only target minors?
Nope. Perhaps because they know they wouldn't be dealing with another child with such a threat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sostic View Post
I think what I'm going to do is leave all the videos down, but just make a very calm video explaining why they were supposedly going to sue me. I think that will be enough evidence for everyone about who they are.
If they now know that you have folded after being threatened by a lawsuit over the first videos they will likely believe that you will fold when being threatened with another lawsuit over your followup video. IMHO.

Furthermore, where are they located? Canada? And you are located in Wisconsin? What court would have jurisdiction over both of you? Good luck with that.

Old 09-06-2018, 12:52 PM   #82
Sostic
You have a good point :/

Old 09-06-2018, 01:48 PM   #83
Necoco
Honestly I would put the videos back up, and maybe make another one explaining your current situation and include a link to this thread so others can view it as well. I can remember watching those videos when this stuff first started happening. And I believe they are important not only for people who are already into the gecko hobby and may not know about UG yet, but also for new comers who might fall into the same situation as you experienced.

The Urban Gecko is using this "lawsuit" as a hollow threat. Plain and simple.

Old 09-06-2018, 02:41 PM   #84
Sostic
I'm not sure what the next course of action is for me

Old 09-06-2018, 04:13 PM   #85
Black Adder
Sam
As a lot of people here ,who are very wise, have already told you ,TUG are NOT going to sue you, not even sure it would be logistically possible bearing in mind the two different countries.

I can understand your nervousness to their threats and it worked for them, they bullied and got what they wanted at the price of a couple of emails and a phone call.

Easy for me and others to say I know, but call their bluff, put the videos back up, make a new one explaining why you were pressured into taking them down, that TUG were very comfortable with threatening a minor with a lawsuit!

All this is going to do is hurt their reputation even more with the extra fuel they have given you.

Good luck with whatever decision you make though, its tough I realise.

Old 09-06-2018, 04:38 PM   #86
Sostic
You guys are right. I'll put the videos back up until something more serious happens. I'm done taking them up and down. I have a new video in the works.

Old 09-06-2018, 04:43 PM   #87
Sostic
I'm sorry about being all over the place I've never dealt with something like this. I really appreciate all the advice.

Old 09-06-2018, 05:01 PM   #88
AbsoluteApril
As a minor, unless emancipated, you should discuss with your parents or guardian before taking steps. In my opinion.

Old 09-06-2018, 05:59 PM   #89
Sostic
My guardian thought I should take down all the videos even after I explained the situation. But it just feels wrong to let this slide.

Old 09-06-2018, 06:04 PM   #90
Lucille
If you realize that there will be no suit, that what you said is true and thus not defamation, the difficulties and expense on their part of even arranging an action which would be fruitless, I think you should do what you think is right. For your own sake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!