Inquiry Rockabirdie- Thomas Munoz - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-28-2018, 11:28 AM   #1
Andyleese1
Rockabirdie- Thomas Munoz

Does anyone know this seller? I have purchased a pair of uromastyx, paid for them with shipping, and have yet to have them delivered. I bought them in August 2018. Then hurricane came through, didn't ship understandable, not a problem. Then no contact for two weeks. After a lot of texts/emails, responded that he was in the hospital and all his animals died or in bad shape. He promised to ship the same week. Never happened. Another round of no contact. Then said he was starting a new job, but will definitely ship this week. Nothing yet. Two months have gone by now and still no contact from that agreement. It's now the end of November and still no contact even though he posts animals for sale the whole time. I have asked for a full refund or the animals nothing has come through and no reply. Called and left messages nothing has come through.

Warning sign I should have headed is that he doesn't accept paypal.

Any help from this forum would be appreciated.

Old 11-28-2018, 01:20 PM   #2
Robert Walker
Thomas has been a long established member here. I just sent him a message letting him know about this thread so he can share his side as well.

Old 11-28-2018, 02:09 PM   #3
JimM
I wouldn't judge somebody because they don't take PayPal . I don't use it and know of a few who others don't for various reasons. My reason is because I bought some animals and they decided to pay the seller with an e-check which can take up to 5 days instead of instantly from my bank account.

This was something they decided to do on their own. They wouldn't give me a reason for using an e-check but told me how they pay someone is always at their discretion and to never promise a seller 'instant payment'. I could have lost the purchase but the seller was understanding as he experienced the same thing before. I'll never use PP again. Too many scammers have learned how to use PayPal to their advantage too. US money orders or cashiers check are still the way to go IMO. If they might have to wait 5 days and pay a PAYPAL fee, wait 5 days for the mail and don't pay a fee.

In your case if the seller told you he lost all the animals , what were you especting to be shipped to you ?

What you mean is you're waiting for the refund ?

Old 11-28-2018, 04:01 PM   #4
Andyleese1
JimM

What you would do, think, judge, is totally up to you. That's opinion, and one of the things i take into account that protects me and the seller.

"In your case if the seller told you he lost all the animals , what were you especting to be shipped to you ?

What you mean is you're waiting for the refund ?"

Yes, we came into an agreement after that. It's been almost three months and he has been posting animals for sale the whole time. As stated in my post.

Please save your judgement. I'm attempting to get information and resolve this.

Old 11-28-2018, 05:02 PM   #5
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyleese1 View Post
I'm attempting to get information and resolve this.
I hope you do get your issue resolved. The seller has visited the site recently so he is able to respond, I hope he does so soon.

Rockabirdie is at reputation level 10 - 49

Benefactor Member
Trader Rating: (4) [Rate This User!]
Send Message User Lists
Last Activity: 11-28-2018 01:10 PM

Old 11-28-2018, 06:10 PM   #6
SheffieldReptiles
I had a very similar situation like this with the seller back in 2016. Won some animals in a benefit auction, paid up, and was told shipping temps were to hot on his end. About two weeks later, I still hadn't heard from him, so messaged him to get shipping set up. We then worked out a date to ship. On the day they were supposed to get shipped out, I messaged him and was then told that the animals had died. No notice that any of this had happened ect. He told me that he would add on an extra female due to the problem and then would ship the following week. Animals were then not shipped the following week and was given the excuse that his life was crazy and he still didn't have the animals in his possession. About a month later the animals were finally shipped out, but I never received any tracking info. Messaged him again and then told that he did in fact ship them out and that they should be waiting for me. Which would have been nice to know. These animals were donated to an auction for benefit where he got his name publicized and put out there and then just gave me the run around it seemed for awhile and I never got very straight answers. I wouldn't do business with the man again, cause like you said, he continued to post other animals for sale. But never seemed to be able to get my specific animals he always told me he could get from his "supplier".

Old 11-28-2018, 10:49 PM   #7
tlmoon
It seems odd that he's still posting animals for sale, given that he told the OP that all his animals died or were in bad shape. Something doesn't seem right here. Hopefully he will post and explain what's going on.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:39 AM   #8
Black Adder
Very odd
I have done business with Thomas in the past with no issues and he did take Paypal then although the way Paypal now reports all REVENUE on your account to the IRS as INCOME without itemizing it at all could be one reason for that change.

I did note that at times he was slow to respond to my emails but always did and I got the animals I purchased and they were as described.

Not sure what may be occurring right now but my past experience which was maybe 2 years ago was good.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:39 AM   #9
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
I have done business with Thomas in the past with no issues and he did take Paypal then although the way Paypal now reports all REVENUE on your account to the IRS as INCOME without itemizing it at all could be one reason for that change.
Actually this may be why he no longer accepts PayPal:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=554519

If so he's not the first seller to dump PayPal after being targeted by a scammer.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:47 AM   #10
Black Adder
Could be but just checked and my last transaction with him was March 2016 and he took PayPal at that time.

However between the two situations he now could have said enough is enough on PayPal.

I have said goodbye to PayPal for the reasons stated in my earlier post.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!