Bad Guy John Farr dogshead3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-05-2018, 07:15 PM   #1
NKhan
Thumbs down John Farr dogshead3

Had a real stressful experience with John Farr. I contacted him about buying a Surinam boa. We talked on the phone and exchanged a few emails. Then he went off the deep end and started accusing me of being a friend of a guy who has been harassing him. I don’t know this person but because we live in the same state I’m friends with him. I even sent him a pic of my business card and multiple affirmations that I don’t know this person. Finally he claims to have reported me to th FBI. All I wanted to do was buy his boa. I have screen shots of everything just don’t know how to post them.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:15 PM   #3
NKhan
Everything worked except closing the window. Wouldn’t close

Old 12-05-2018, 08:50 PM   #4
Lucille
I hope you get your screen shots posted. A couple of the threads with John Farr who is a member here are very informative, I'm interested to see where he has gone from a thread some years back where he euthanized some baby snakes because they had mites.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:54 PM   #5
NKhan
It wouldn’t load. Maybe someone would be willing to post them for me

Old 12-06-2018, 11:33 AM   #6
mwmueller
I woke up this morning (12/06/18) to find the attached email from John Farr. It came through the previous day, and I must have missed it. I, too was inquiring about buying a Surinam BCC from Mr. Farr. The communication between myself and Mr. Farr, which was limited to a brief discussion about my interest in purchasing the aforementioned animal, is 100% contained in the attached screen shots, save for one phone call. In the text shots, I am green, Mr. Farr is gray. The photo within the text is unrelated to any proposed transaction, just me showing him a couple of my boas that came up on the call.

During the phone call, which seemed pleasant enough, Mr. Farr explained he didn’t take PayPal, and only wanted money orders, bank transfers, or cashier’s checks. I’m not fond of any of these forms of payment with unfamiliar sellers, as they offer me no buyer protections. Nevertheless, I immediately began exploring direct bank transfer options. The reference I make to a Michigan bank in the text screen shot is because I do still bank through a small bank chain in mid-Michigan where I was born and raised, and do not have a physical bank I can readily walk into (I’m in Maryland). Everything is electronic save once a year or so. I’m assuming I may the other person from Michigan Mr. Farr refers to in the previous member’s post (I can confirm we do not know each other, nor do I know anyone else referenced in his incoherent email rant, nor do I live in Michigan).

While sorting out non-PayPal payment options over the 24 hours following our call, I searched Mr. Farr’s name in these forums, and found a thread in which he apparently had been accusing multiple sellers, including at least one highly reputable one familiar to me, of shipping him sick snakes and demanding refunds. Now, I completely pumped the brakes, and attempted one further call on Tuesday to kindly explain I would no longer be pursuing this purchase. Mostly this was due to the proposed payment methods …I had no intention of bringing up the questions I now had about his reputation. No need to dig up the past, I thought. He did not answer this particular call, and I intended no further contact.

I have never once posted anything on these forums, and am particularly reluctant to post negative feedback, much of which seem like minor quibbles that should be sorted out offline. However, the fact that this nut job decided to baselessly accuse me of being a “tweaker”, crackhead, and a pedophile, among other things bears mentioning. I truly do not understand any of his accusations. Perhaps Mr. Farr has me confused with someone else, but I can assure the dear reader I am none of the above, and am thankful I did not transact further with this man.
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2018, 11:42 AM   #7
NKhan
This is the same thing he did to me.

Old 12-06-2018, 01:48 PM   #8
Lucille
Where is he advertising?

Old 12-06-2018, 01:56 PM   #9
NKhan
Kingsnake. Sad part is I still want tha boa.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:52 PM   #10
Lucille
Naim maybe you could message one of the mods and get some help posting your screen shots.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!