Issues with "Chat" - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #21
HerpLuver
I dont know if there is a registry error or something on my system that is causing the install to corrupt. But its not even verifying on the java website that my install occurred correctly. So there must be something going on with my system. This is weird cause my PC is nearly brand new, except for my hard drive, but still nothing else is giving me issues.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #22
Fangthane
Well, if anything's going to give you problems, it'd be something on the HDD. I generally have a lot of free time, and free space on my HDD, so if I run into something that really has me stumped, I'll sometimes create a new partition and do a completely fresh Windows install on it, so I have 2 versions of the same OS installed side-by-side.

If you start from scratch, and it works right off the bat, you know there's likely some sort of file system error happening with your old Windows install. I don't know, though, I'm about out of ideas. Completely removing and re-installing Java always did the trick for me.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:39 AM   #23
Laura Fopiano
Quote:
Could not connect to www.faunaclassifieds.com:8080.

Possible reasons include:

- The chat server system at www.faunaclassifieds.com is temporarily unavailable.

- Your computer is behind a firewall or proxy server. Please ensure that your firewall permits outgoing TCP connections to www.faunaclassifieds.com on port 8080
This is the message that I get when I try to go into chat. I have dish network internet. I miss ya'll very much!

Old 09-05-2012, 06:29 AM   #24
Fangthane
Obviously I'm no PC guru, but until one comes along, I guess you're stuck with me. What operating system are you running on your PC (please don't say XP)? Which browser(s) are you using? Have you recently run Windows Update and made sure your system is completely up to date, including all Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables that may be available? To test out whether your Java is functioning properly or out of date, click this link:

http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

The error message that you're getting seems kinda odd to me. I've known people that were in chat while being behind a proxy, so I'd have to assume that that's not really an issue, even if you are behind one. By default, Windows Firewall will want to block incoming connections, but allow all outgoing ones. Have you played around with the firewall settings in the past? If so, restoring default firewall settings may help.

To begin troubleshooting, the simplest way seems to be to completely disable your firewall and see if it'll let you in the chatroom. To do that, go into Control Panel-->Windows Firewall. On the left side of that screen, there should be several options. Two of which should be "Restore Defaults" and "Turn Windows firewall on or off". I'd try going back to default settings first. If that happens to fix the problem, it's likely that you accidentally changed something you shouldn't have, somewhere along the lines. If not, try disabling it completely. If that works, it's a matter of allowing the proper firewall exceptions.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!