Gravid Burm - questions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-05-2004, 10:56 PM   #1
TooManyBurmese
Gravid Burm - questions

Posted: Oct 5 2004, 07:03 PM
Right now she is in a Vision cage (6ft by 3ft), but with the new snakes, and her maybe about to lay, and the Hamburg show where I am buying more Visions still a week and a half away...

Does she need the Vision, or will she lay ok in a big Rubbermaid or Sterilite container? She is about 9ft, so she may not have enough room in a Rubbermaid....

(This snake came to the rescue gravid)

Old 12-01-2004, 03:39 PM   #2
MR_Jungle_Mist
Better late than never..

I'd have her sit in the vision cage. It's a much more comfortable place for her to be and you don't really want her cramped. Also, it just makes it nicer for her to be able to pick a place to lay eggs if she's about to do so. You might think of doing a 50/50 split in the vision cage with your regular substrate and then something a little more humid in the other half. More than likely, though, she'll pick the corner you gave no thought towards and left bare.

I know your original post was just about two months ago so how did she do and what did you end up doing with her? Any eggs?

Hope all went well.

Old 12-04-2004, 05:39 AM   #3
SnakeCharmerGuy37
Well honeslty id never dream of having my burmese gravid in a rubber made no proper humidty not able to get a proper heat source in it correctly id say yes with out a doubt she needs a nice size cage my burmese stared breeding around 9/ft and she became gravid in a 8/ft by 4 /ft wide cage where she had her eggs & incubated them her self she has always had 25 eggs last two times i breed her in her clutches cage kept humidty around 80-85% you want to keep the humidty as close to or at 100% if your going to let her self incubate just like in nature the way i always have plus i had a humidifier in her cage with her & the eggs & misted the eggs & her many of many times a day as possiable and everything turned out great also be sure once the eggs are all layed that you do not allow the temp to be to high she can do her body jerking to bring body temp up to keep eggs warmer but if it gets to hot on her she cant cool her self down and the eggs can be cooked basically trust me i tried the incubator home set up crap the first time in a rubber made container with 4 bricks in the bottomw with water & a board across the bottom with vameculite on top the board & heater in water below couldnt get humidty high enough & or temp right moved the eggs to a 75 gallon tank with water bed type heater under tank & couldnt get humity up but yet temp was to high under tank so out of 21 eggs i end up down to like 9 eggs of which 5 was hard boiled basically then the last 5 was all dead in their eggs it sucked big time but i have learned let it be done like in nature let her incubate her eggs & i have been breeding now successfully for last 12 years & have never lost a clutch out of a clutch of 25 eggs on each i lost like 5 each clutch from under devolped eggs or to small & so on anyways i do wish you luck The CentralOhioSnakeCharmerGuy...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!