Advice - N.E.R.D. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-23-2004, 12:52 PM   #1
batgrrlx
Advice - N.E.R.D.

Recently my heart has decided it's ready for another Burmese python. I had my first who was my sidekick till the end, die of IBD (this was vet confirmed - he was sick since before he was given to me).
I want a male, for a few different reasons. They are on the smaller size and for some reason in my experience they are more docile.
I have been looking at N.E.R.D.'s stock and I see them strewn out everywhere in the python world and I am just curious if anyone has had any personal dealings with their animals or business.
I know it seems very unfair to ask but I want to make sure that the animal I get is not only healthy (IBD negative) but will come from a facility that does indeed give a lot of care to their animals. Hold them, take care of them, have at lease one vet visit, etc...

Old 12-23-2004, 12:54 PM   #2
batgrrlx
Oh yes,

Thanks!
-Annie Sevier

Old 12-23-2004, 01:20 PM   #3
8BallPythons
NERD is hands down the best! Kev & Kara are two of the most passionate people out there when it comes to caring for animals. Even spending a little time talking with either one of them you will quickly realize that they are "animal people" first, and "business people" second.

I've invested in high-end ball pythons morphs of NERDs in the past and can't wait to do so again in the future!

-adam

Old 12-23-2004, 01:20 PM   #4
DragonCharm
I recently aquired a normal phase BP and Mali Uro from them, both are doing great. While I was there I got a full tour of the facility and can vouch for the quality of the animals and the care they recieve. I would not hesitate to order from them again or recommend them.

Here are some pics that we took there:

Old 12-23-2004, 01:21 PM   #5
DragonCharm

I posted only the big pythons here since that's what you were inquiring about, more pics are available here: http://aquaticpredators.com/forums/i...opic=5990&st=0

Old 12-23-2004, 01:44 PM   #6
batgrrlx
Wow.. thanks you guys!!
DragonCharm - Thank you for the pictures!
I think I will go ahead and get a Burm from them. ;>
I'll post pictures when I get him..

Old 12-23-2004, 01:46 PM   #7
DragonCharm
Quote:
Originally Posted by batgrrlx
Wow.. thanks you guys!!
DragonCharm - Thank you for the pictures!
I think I will go ahead and get a Burm from them. ;>
I'll post pictures when I get him..
You made the right decision. I have heard bad things about nearly every seller out there, even the best have had bad transactions.......but I've never heard anything bad about them.

Old 12-23-2004, 10:38 PM   #8
chainsaw
Nerd Rules,period!!!!!!

I agree with the other posts 100%!! You cannot go wrong with NERD!All the animals I have aquired from Kevin in the last 5 years were above my expectations! You can completely trust NERD,you will not be disappointed!
My 2 cents!!
Roger Harris

Old 12-23-2004, 11:31 PM   #9
TooManyBurmese
You just wanted an excuse to post pictures of those GORGEOUS snakes!

For a burmese python you can also check local rescues and herp societies...

Although I would definately recommend NERD

Old 12-23-2004, 11:51 PM   #10
Burma Boy
I have many animals bought from NERD. I could not be happier.
I too visited the facility this past August. Everything stopped why I got there with my son. We had the staff's full attention. Toured the facility. And I believe we were shown every animal in the place! The place was clean, the animals quarters were clean. The staff was clean too!
Even at shows, I cannot pass by their table without buying something!
I cannot wait to go back!! I did buy my Burms from them.
I am way happy! Next purchase from them.
Jampea Dwarf...unless they finally start to market those awesome cages they make in their workshop!
By from NERD...you wont be disappointed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!