Bad Guy Howling gale bearded dragons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:39 AM   #1
sjsexotics
Howling gale bearded dragons

well I hate to do this but I have talked to her over emails and she is not willing to work with me in any way at all so I feel I need to post here and let others make there own decision

I saw an add placed for a bearded dragon female 15 inches and the color was just what I was looking for I pmed my offer and later paypaled the agreed upon amount.

The day she was so post to be shipped was delayed one day because she said weather was bad so no big deal she came to me nicely packed but when I opened the package the dragon had color no were near the picture I had seen on the add.
She was so post to be red het hypo when I opened the package she was a little orange but nothing very special.

I emailed and let her know right then that I got her but she looked nothing like expected and I was very surprised

but her are our emails that followed and pics of her in the add and pics of her after being at my house and warm for8 hours

hey just wanted to let you know she is here and was nice and warm. She is not the color I was expecting but she may color up once she is relaxed thanks
- Show quoted text -

Old 02-19-2010, 01:44 AM   #2
sjsexotics
Of course she is not colored up :-) She just got shipped give her time and she is shedding she usually dose her head then her body dulls done and sheds out.

fordgalaxy500@aol.com to me
show details 10:05 AM (12 hours ago)

She's a hog :-) Give her some salad and watch the fun LOL She is also the Buginator :-) Loves her Crunchies Let me know how she is a little later when she chills I a going to run to store gram needs some stuff for dinner

show details 10:05 AM (12 hours ago)

Sheena Schlytter to fordgalaxy500
show details 6:46 PM (3 hours ago)

just wanted to shut you an email. Her color is nothing like the photo showed. I will wait out the shed to see if she colors up but as of now she is just not a dragon I would have paid that much for. Her color is no were nere the red in the photo of her add. I am not sure what to do with this. I am worried I will hold her and she will shed and still not be the color expecting and I will be out good sum of money on her. she also has a small bind at the end of her tail ( not a big deal at all ) but I bought her to be my core breeder next year and if she does not get the color in the pic then I dont think she will be right for my project.

SO let me know what you want to do from her
thanks
sheena

show details 9:13 PM (1 hour ago)

I'm sorry you feel that way but all sales are final pictures where not edited in any manor that is how she looked when I took it she was not wet or messed with anyway she came right of tank. I do not Guarantee Color or if a dragon will breed as this can change with age or stress levels. Like I said she is stressed out you just got her and you are not giving her any time before judging her in such a manor her genetics are worth a lot her mother was a top breeder for me and the father is amazing.

show details 9:28 PM (1 hour ago)

well her mother is not even on the site and I did expect her to at least look something like the pic I fully understand that sells are final but she looks nothing like the colors shown in the picture and I bought what I saw/ I can post the pic you posted and the pics I have of her after a full day under warm lights and see if others agree that she looks every very different I dont want to go that way but I will show you the pics and you tell me there is no difference. I searched a long time to find a dragon with the exsct colors I wanted and you are a reputable breeder as I expected to get what I saw and paid for. I am not new to this and I understand they change during shed and stress but not to the somuch to go from thr red I saw when buying to a dull orange and gray she is now

- Show quoted text -

show details 9:36 PM (1 hour ago)

What? She is not gray she is clearly stressed out then so don't throw that at me I do not appreciate your threats I do not lie about my dragons nor misrepresent them I don't know what she is seeing or going through with you. I can't and won't stop you from posting your little pictures because I know what everyone will say "Relocation Stress" You are being very unfair and rude to me do you think I would hold back a dragon as future breeder that was not of high quality? I only keep back the best and she is the best in that clutch I let her go as I have to many up coming breeders and I have 3 dragons related to her. And no Sophia is not on my web site because I sold her about a month ago due to have two of her half siblings (Lil' Flame & Frazzle) And I can tell you everyone who has been here including two breeders where in love with her color.
show details 9:47 PM (54 minutes ago)

I am not being rude in any way. I am just saying how I feel I can send you a pic of how she looks now and how she came to me she is not at all stressed now she has ate and basked and is now asleep but I took pics of her right before bedtime. I am in no way threatining you. I was a little upset that I said I will wait a week and see if she colors up and all you come back to me with is I dont do any refunds. I hope very much she colors up and looks like the picture and I will give her time before I do anything more but you have to understand if she sheds and calms down and still never reaches the colors in the picture you to would not be happy. most people purchase dragons now for color and if the color is so different then pictured it makes me worry.

and she is in a large tank by herself so she has no other dragon stress

show details 9:47 PM (54 minutes ago)

I am not being rude in any way. I am just saying how I feel I can send you a pic of how she looks now and how she came to me she is not at all stressed now she has ate and basked and is now asleep but I took pics of her right before bedtime. I am in no way threatining you. I was a little upset that I said I will wait a week and see if she colors up and all you come back to me with is I dont do any refunds. I hope very much she colors up and looks like the picture and I will give her time before I do anything more but you have to understand if she sheds and calms down and still never reaches the colors in the picture you to would not be happy. most people purchase dragons now for color and if the color is so different then pictured it makes me worry.

and she is in a large tank by herself so she has no other dragon stress

show details 10:12 PM (30 minutes ago)

well I hope so and as I said I am willing to give her time to color up but I also dont want to come to you in a week and say she is not the color I expected and you be totally suprised and say I never said a word when I first got her as most people ( me included ) want to know my customers have a proplem as soon as they get the dragon not a week later because that would be suspisious. so as of now she is sweet and in good health and not close to the color in the pic so I will give her time and see how it goes but if she does not color up when she is done with this shed i will have to asume the picture was altered in some way but I will let her relax and enjoy her home for now

- Show quoted text -

show details 10:17 PM (26 minutes ago)

She there you go with accusing me again the pictures are NOT altered I do not do that I never have and I never will give her all the time you want you clearly have made your mind up the I fixed pictures and what not and I won't sit here and be accused of that you got one heck of a dragon with incredible genetics she is healthy and will breedable in about 5-6 months. Do what you need to with her it is out of my hands I am shocked you would treat me in such a manor I was warned about this. Good Luck with your future breeding and that but I won't sit here and take this anymore

show details 10:22 PM (21 minutes ago)

you were warned about this????? just wondering what that means and I am not being mean to you I am not that type of person you are just showing me you do not stand behind your dragons at all you are not willing to wait which makes me believe you do not think she will color up either in your add it said the poic was takin last week I just cant see color changeing much I guess you are not willing to work with your costumers

show details 10:25 PM (18 minutes ago)

I am not willing to work with customers who fly off the bat like you and accuse me of altering pictures. As stated before I do not Guarantee color or if a dragon will breed as that is something I can not predict dragons change color with age and stress levels and you never know if a dragon will breed or not there are many variables with that. I have a friend who said he had problems with you in a sale you backed out of simple as that.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:02 AM   #3
capt._howdy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsexotics View Post
show details 9:13 PM (1 hour ago)

I'm sorry you feel that way but all sales are final pictures where not edited in any manor that is how she looked when I took it she was not wet or messed with anyway she came right of tank. I do not Guarantee Color or if a dragon will breed as this can change with age or stress levels. Like I said she is stressed out you just got her and you are not giving her any time before judging her in such a manor her genetics are worth a lot her mother was a top breeder for me and the father is amazing.

it may be just me but any breeder with a tos that says that all sales are final and cant guarantee color wouldnt get my money..

Old 02-19-2010, 01:45 AM   #4
sjsexotics
first pic is the add picture the second is her after being at my home and nice and warm and comfy

Old 02-19-2010, 02:21 AM   #5
jeffwyatt81
WOW! could you imagine??? Id be angry

I have to say I have never seen color change that much, even in shed that kind of color should be showing through!!! I was going to purchase this exact dragon because that pic just blew me away and when I went back to pm howlingail I seen that sheena already had got her. so I have done buisness with sheena and currantly have a 2yr reduced scale orange tiger from her and when I recieived her, packaging was good with heat packs and she was fat and healthy has a wonderful attitude, eats great and was exactly what I expected to get and she made sure to stay on top of the weather and we waited for a central snow storm to pass prior to shipping and her most concern was the dragons health, period. so I know sheena has this girl in great care!!!

Thanks,

Jeff Wyatt

Old 02-19-2010, 07:48 AM   #6
capt._howdy
okay all i have to say is that pics saturation is high hence the blue "glow" no thats not a shadow and honestly this is howling gales typical customer service at its best im not surprised.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:00 AM   #7
KelliH
I agree, here's what the pic looks like after turning the saturation back down to a normal level in Photoshop. It's a lovely dragon but not the glowing red of the original pic. I would be unhappy as well with the color of that animal, and you deserve a full refund including all shipping costs. Just my opinion of course.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:16 AM   #8
deborahbroadus
Apparently, the breeder is taking lessons in denial from Clinton; "Pictures were not edited in any manor (manner)!"

Good luck, I agree..you should receive a full refund and shipping.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:19 AM   #9
ForkedTung
Shopped and scammed !

Old 02-19-2010, 10:32 AM   #10
sjsexotics
I am so unhappy. I am going to have to put a clam in to paypal because I am getting no were with howing gale dragons. I thought I was purchasing for a reputable breeder and never though this would happen. I have emailed her again and asked for either a partial refund of 150.00 or i will send her back once I receive a full refund including shipping. Which if she had so many people in love with her colors I don't see why she would not just take the loss on shipping and take her back ( though I do feel bad for the dragon not her fault she was advertised wrong misrepresented )