Bad Guy Howling gale bearded dragons - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:48 AM   #131
Utta
if someone has the means to, you can get photoshop for free, although illegal it won't stop people from doing it. (I.E. same way people get free movies(if needed for records I can give various websites that allow this just pm me)) secondly, showing your program list doesn't mean you don't have photoshop. In order to prove that you need to go to my computer, c drive, then program files. Someone with some knowladge about computers can delete the shortcut from the taskbar. Or even move it from your program files, so technically if someone wanted a Screen shot of anything they could just move it to another folder. Pm me if that didn't make sence lol

Old 02-20-2010, 08:15 AM   #132
capt._howdy
all this and all the op wants is her money back honestly i think shes not asking for Nicole right leg (or is she) but honestly if i sold a dragon and the buyer didn't like the way it looked let it be color, size, shape i would say ether ship it back and give them ALL THERE MONEY BACK or try working with them to figure out something that's in there best interest this fee b.s is just a way to take money u didn't earn

Old 02-20-2010, 11:28 AM   #133
mvite
All this crappin around is starting to feel like a shell game.

Just refund the money and take the animal back. Write it off to it being a mistake.

All the caveats in dealing with this seller would make me avoid her.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:49 AM   #134
HowlinGaleDragons
Here I even took screen shots of the process for you this is how I do every single picture.

Camera ---> EOS (Downloads Pic to PC) ----> Crop In Paint -----> Save in Paint ----> Upload to Fuana

Picture Taken 11:32 AM (Today)

The dragon in the picture is a dragon I rescued I am telling you this because people see his back and freak out he had horrible MBD when I got him due to having no uvb or supplements the whole beginning of his life; He is one of my permanent residents.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:54 AM   #135
aleria
If the top image posted there is the finished product then it had the same results as the non-super saturated picture posted earlier. NO exif data at all.
So sorry, but unfortunately there is the solid proof that the darkened image of that dragon was altered in some way, whether by you or someone else, prior to posting it in the original ad.
Because as I have said over and over again, a photoshop data tag will not be added to the exif data unless the file is edited in some way with photoshop. Period.
Computers may be smart, but not smart enough to do that kind of thing on their own yet. They haven't reached the point of being fully sentient.
So with that result, what are your plans to resolve this issue with the unhappy customer?

Old 02-20-2010, 12:10 PM   #136
HowlinGaleDragons
I have showed this to many people they all say what I am saying give the dragon time to chill out and color up you can not expect a dragon to come into a new house with new faces and dragons around in a different tank. I would never ever go after anyone like she is because a dragon is not colored up I give my dragons atleast 2 weeks to acclimate before judging them. I have had dragons stressed and not show stress marks they just aren't as colorful and hiding or acting a little off this is totally normal any person who has gotten dragons before should know this she is clearly not willing to give this dragon anytime the day she gets it in she freaks out and goes off on me Like i said before one of my best breeder males came in and was normal looking for a month before he finally relaxed and colored up.

Here is an example of a dragon stressed and the drastic difference it can make this is a male I use to have.

Picture 1 was him not colored up picture 2 is how he was when he relaxed (I did NOT take either picture)

Old 02-20-2010, 12:13 PM   #137
aleria
Ok, with that being the case, will you be allowing her 2 weeks to see if the dragon does begin to show the colors that it was presented as in the ad? And if it does not reach anywhere near the same as it was originally represented as during that 2 weeks will you be offering some form of refund, whether partial or for the return?

Old 02-20-2010, 12:18 PM   #138
David Reid
The point has been made repeatedly that dragons can lose their color when stressed, being shipped, etc. I do not think anyone here has argued that point. It looks like the argument is, whether or not the seller altered a picture to the point where it was obvious misrepresentation. The question remains, did the picture get altered to make the dragon look better than it really does in person, to make a sale? If yes, then the buyer deserves a refund that they feel comfortable with, or, a complete refund after shipping the dragon back. Looking at the pictures of the dragon in question, I am not so sure that the dragon will color up to look as nice as the pictures that look to be altered.

Dave

Old 02-20-2010, 12:34 PM   #139
HowlinGaleDragons
I do not take returns on dragons this I am sure you can understand I am not saying she has anything going on but I don't know what the dragon could possibly be exposed to I do not want to risk my colony. Yes I quarantine my dragons and all reptiles that come in here sometimes things get through I have herd horror stories of things like Mites and that .

She needs to give that dragon at least two weeks to chill out I know you have it in your heads that I "Photo Shop" but I don't that is not my thing a lot of the times people will email me wanting the dragon in my hand and I always send that picture and I have never had anyone say the dragon looked different. Seeing this going on though I am considering always having my hand in a picture to prevent people thinking a picture is altered from what I read if you alter a picture with your hand in it your skin will look funny (correct me if I'm wrong).

I already have an agreement with her on the refund amount as we have been talking outside of the BOI I would feel much better if she would give the dragon the 2 weeks to chill out I have never misrepresented any dragon or other reptile I have sold over the years; why would I start now? I do my best with pictures and descriptions on what the dragon looks like many times when the person gets the dragon and once it is relaxed they email me telling me it looks better than it did in the picture. If for some odd reason the dragon dose not color up in two weeks she can email me about it, but I do request that she keeps me updated with pictures every couple days so I can see how the dragon is progressing.

I would also like her to tell me what the tank looks like (set up) and what lighting she is using along with temperatures on the cool side and basking spot.

-----------

Dave please read the whole thread I have made it clear I do not alter pictures nor have a program capable of such a thing.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:37 PM   #140
aleria
1. if you do have an agreement then it would be nice for either you or her to let everyone here know that so we aren't wasting our times asking the same questions over and over again thinking that no solution has been figured out.
2. It really doesn't matter how many times you say that YOU don't alter your pictures, that picture was altered with photoshop. Plain and simple, and there is absolutely no denying it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!