Bad Guy Howling gale bearded dragons - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #51
LauraB
Nicole ...

Quote:
Also what are you talking about?
This what everything on mylist is...
You're right, Nicole. My bad. I misread your program list screen shot. Adobe Photoshop is not evident in your bare program list. However, I still stand by the exif data I pulled. And there is no way that blue glow under the dragon is the result of natural lighting and unaltered saturation.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:11 PM   #52
Sharpshooter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubafat View Post
Miss Norton,

Just a simple test. Find something colorful. Now take a picture of it using each of the manufactured presets available on your camera (that little spinny nob thing on the top). Notice how different the colors appear on each? Now try the same thing, but use a different light source...think fluorescent, incandescent, natural light, etc.

These variables MUST be taken into account when you post a picture. Just because you did or didn't mess with the picture doesn't mean that it is an accurate representation of your animal.

The following color settings can be changed on a Rebel XT (From:
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ca...bel_xt-review/)
Contrast (-2 to +2)
Sharpness (-2 to +2)
Saturation (-2 to +2)
Color tone (-2 to +2)
Filter effects (None, yellow, orange, red, green) - digital color effects; must be in B&W mode to access
Toning effect (None, sepia, purple, blue, green) - gives a B&W image a tint

~Matt Hennek
Why don't you ask a monkey named Spinner to balance your checkbook while you're at it.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #53
Bubafat
Not trying to defend anyone, but there is the possibility that Sheena opened/saved the picture in photoshop. I'm not stating that Sheena messed with the picture, but if you do a search for Miss Norton on fauna and look at the exif data on her other pictures she has posted in the past as well those on her website, none that "I" found came up as photoshopped.

It's just a little weird that the only picture with "photoshop CS" exif data is this one.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:15 PM   #54
spyder79
im still waiting to see a photo of that dragon from the side to display the stomach. Also (and tom you know this as well as i do) with high color animals when they dull out for shedding its a drastic difference and there is every chance this animal will shed out and be similar to the color in the sale photo (though the sale photo was obviously adjusted some to make the color pop more which in my opinion is unethical but there are a large number of breeders that practice this).
To me it looks highly possible that the animal is preparing to shed out. In my opinion you should give it a week or so and see what the animal turns out like after shed.

PS
the price you paid to ship that dragon is ludicrous i can ship to california for 40 bux my cost. Gale, if you just prefer UPS that is one thing but if you have not looked into a shipping account with FEDEX you should.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:20 PM   #55
sjsexotics
i right clicked on the add and saved pic to my desk top as i though she was so pretty i wanted to keep the pic you may still be able to find the add if it was not deleted

Old 02-19-2010, 09:33 PM   #56
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlinGaleDragons View Post
Iraqvet,
I do not screw people thankyou I am being nice offering anything but instead you people want to try to turn it around to an admission of guilt to me the bad guys are those twisting things around to suit themself. And I don't hide behind anything STRESS makes dragons colors dull untill they are comfortable agian I have seen it and I have herd people panic and freak on breeders because of it come to find out that stress did and the dragon went back to how it was with a little time; not everyone understands that.
twisting what? the buyer is upset about the coloration of the animal. the sales pic and the pic sheena posted dont even look the same. I been working with reds and oranges for the last 4 years. and NEVER seen a red dull out like that. EVER. But maybe four years isnt that long.
Your also one of the first ones i ever heard of having a color guarantee??? Whats that about... I started Baltimore Beardies in July of 09'. and since i have been retailing on the web with all my different genetics and color morphs i haven't had 1 (one) complaint about any of my dragons showing any less color than there picture! And before the web i have been selling animals for the last 6 years. No problems. Take that b.s. some where else. this isnt the place to play innocent little girl. This is the real world and all of your "i didnt know that", is crap!

Old 02-19-2010, 09:34 PM   #57
HowlinGaleDragons
Like I said I don't edit pictures beyond cropping I am reading on Photo Shop it looks like it can do a lot but why would some one pay $300 + for it? My skills with a computer are limited I am best with the gaming part I enjoy Miltiary games (yes I know wierd for a girl) it helps me unwind. But beyond that I leave it to my friend who works on my website last thing I need to do is break this computer I just got it recently due to major issues with my old one. I am sorry if you guys think I photo shoped but I really didn't I only have one ad up right now it is my ad for babies coming soon I did those on Paint. And I am sorry Sheena is upset with me but I really think that dragon will color up in time I do not miss represent my animals this is not a business it is a hobby for me I do it because I like it and I also put a lot of the money made on dragons into reptiles I rescue.

Bubafat (Matt) I would really appreciate if you would be willing to help me get in the loop a little more with my Camera It would be a great help if I understand it more than I do I checked it I always have had it set to the Flower I've never used any other modes on it; I put it to the flower because that is what I used on my Power Shot before I "Graduated" to this one.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:44 PM   #58
HowlinGaleDragons
Tom please refrain from trying to slam me I will not respond and give you enjoyment you are entitled to your opinion and I did respond to you when I looked at dragons and you gave me prices I told you that you where asking too much for them.

And I don't play an innocent little girl I seriously don't get computers and my camera very well but hopefully that will change.

The color Guar? That is not uncommon do some searching you will be surprised many times (not with me though) People have freaked because a dragon came in looking dull and tried to cause issues they don't always understand that it can take a bit for a dragon to chill out and color up that is a way some breeders make sure to avoid that problem.

I quoted this off another breeders web site I do not wish to post the name if you would like a link to it I can provide it via email as long as the name dose not get listed on here.

Quote:
(We can not guarantee color at the time of arrival, as animal may be stressed from shipping, or starting to shed. Also color is an opinion & we do our best to accurately describe their color, through pictures & text, but can not guarantee color).

Old 02-19-2010, 09:46 PM   #59
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder79 View Post
im still waiting to see a photo of that dragon from the side to display the stomach. Also (and tom you know this as well as i do) with high color animals when they dull out for shedding its a drastic difference and there is every chance this animal will shed out and be similar to the color in the sale photo (though the sale photo was obviously adjusted some to make the color pop more which in my opinion is unethical but there are a large number of breeders that practice this).
To me it looks highly possible that the animal is preparing to shed out. In my opinion you should give it a week or so and see what the animal turns out like after shed.

PS
the price you paid to ship that dragon is ludicrous i can ship to california for 40 bux my cost. Gale, if you just prefer UPS that is one thing but if you have not looked into a shipping account with FEDEX you should.
VERY good point Brian. BUT look at this animal again... How many bearded dragons have you seen that go into full body shed i.e. Tail, legs all four, head and body all at the same exact time??? Highly unlikely. Usually is the legs then the body and or head.. i looked at those two pictures for quite sometime. and i mean quite sometime. ( I would not get on here and call anyone a liar if i didnt fully believe they weren't lying) And that animal isnt going into shed... that animal is either that dull or the animal is stressed... IF THE OP WOULD POST A SIDE SHOT PICTURE OF THE BELLY AND TOP OF THE DRAGON we could give a way better opinion if the animal will brighten up or not...

And shipping is def. not that expensive! sounds like a few extra bucks in the pocket

Old 02-19-2010, 09:48 PM   #60
Bubafat
Hold up here.

Shenna, if this animal is SOOO bad, how come it's already up on your website listed as your "HOT NEW GIRL"....ALONG with a baby picture AND the in question "photoshopped" picture?
(Don't worry, I saved screenshots and the pictures just in case you decide to pull them from your website)

Baby picture (note: no photoshopping stamp on this picture)

"Photoshopped" picture (hosted on SJSexotics website):

http://www.freewebs.com/sjsexotics/a...lbumid=7144498

Just a little odd.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!