ATT: Bearded dragon breeders--stolen photos--any of yours? ---please read - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-27-2003, 03:37 PM   #1
Pennebaker
ATT: Bearded dragon breeders--stolen photos--any of yours? ---please read

http://www.members.aol.com/beardeddr...sgallery1.html

I received several emails last night pointing out that my photos were being used on this website without my permission (copyright stamp chopped off). There are lots of dragon photos on this site that look familiar to me, so I'm posting to help alert their rightful owners.

I contacted "Rich" and he says his website person put them up. I asked for his website designer's contact info and the response was that he tried to contact him, but wont be able to get ahold of him until monday.

I think it is great that people enjoy our photographs, but they all have a copyright on them and should not be used on other people's websites to sell their dragons. These are not their bloodlines. I'm sure the other breeders feel the same way. We also work hard to get good quality photographs and these should not be used without our permission.

It should be noted that this person does have a "thanks" section, although that does not matter if the breeders are not given credit for specific photos or if they were used without permission. Besides, at least 4 of my photos were used on 3 different pages, and we were not included in the "thanks" section.

So, everyone may want to look at this site and see if you recognize any of the photos.

I would like my photos taken down immediately.

Thanks
Dana

link to website in question

Old 06-27-2003, 03:51 PM   #2
jenn_jeffery
http://www.members.aol.com/beardeddr...ic_225x150.jpg

Dana, this one still has your stamp on it....hopefully all of this is sorted out soon...

Old 06-27-2003, 03:51 PM   #3
SPJ
Well there is someone no one should do business with. Not a very honest individual. I looked at the site and on the available page it has a pic of one of your dragons Dana. To me, it looks like that dragon is available (and probably everyone else that visits the site. There is no mention that it really belongs to Sundial. All it says is to contact Rich for pricing.
Here is the link that shows a dragon for sale that is not his.
http://www.members.aol.com/beardeddragon4u/howmuch.html

Old 06-27-2003, 04:09 PM   #4
Pennebaker
Right, that dragon was sold to someone back in march.

There are photos of mine used on the site that have not even been on our website for months, so the person saved them awhile ago.

I really just posted to alert other breeders because a lot of those photos are very familiar to me. If anyone has any ideas who they belong to, please let them know.

Rich has now said that he will correct the situation for me, but cannot contact his web designer until monday (he will not give me any names or contact info though). Hopefully he will remove all photos that he does not have permission to use.

BTW, I have no problem with people saving our photos, using them as personal screensavers, or whatever personal reasons. It is not right to use the photos publicly for commercial gain without giving credit and having expressed written permission.

Thanks again
Dana

Old 06-27-2003, 04:10 PM   #5
TnC Beardies
Ours Also

Our lair setup picture is also on this site in two different places. The picture has had our site name cut off of it. We e-mail Rich last night and asked that he remove it because he did not ask permission to use it and removed our site name from it. He e-mailed back and said he would remove it. I noticed today that he listed us on his thanks page and we did not give permission for him to use our name or anything from our site on his page.
TnC Beardies

Old 06-27-2003, 04:39 PM   #6
Intense Herpetoculture
If he does not remove them contact his hosting site, they will not tolerate copyright infringements. They will either delete all the photos or erase his website. Hope that helps, it worked for me! after this I think we all need to ban together to bring down ReptileCity, they have stolen a lot of photos!

Old 06-27-2003, 07:09 PM   #7
jdg
Hopefully he will do as he has said and remove the pictures within a few days. If he doesn't remove the pictures promptly, I would suggest contacting AOL about the stolen pictures, since that is where his website is hosted. AOL's site has a feedback form which can be used to report their members' use of the internet at http://www.aol.com/info/feedback.html.

Old 06-27-2003, 09:09 PM   #8
HerpVenue
Have you sold them a thing?
Because on the new arrivals page they have a picture that belongs to you.

Old 06-27-2003, 09:25 PM   #9
Pennebaker
No, Ritchie, I've never sold them anything that I am aware of. However, I do know who I sold that dragon to and it was not to them.

Thanks everyone for the tips. I will certainly contact aol if he does not take care of things soon.

I really think it is a shame that so many people have to resort to putting big stamps across their whole photograph in order to feel safe putting it on the web. I do not want to have to do that.

I figure this stuff will happen, but when I see it, I wont ignore it

Reptile City too, huh?

grrrrrrrrr

dana

Old 06-27-2003, 10:48 PM   #10
W.Wedeking
It isn't just pictures

He has also used our caresheet
his:
http://www.members.aol.com/beardeddr...aresheets.html

ours:
http://www.exoticlizards.com/bearded...are-sheet.html

So check everything. I suspect this guy didn't use anything of his own.

Using the excuse that his webmaster put them up is pretty cheezy if you ask me. He is the one who tells the webmaster what to put on the website and the one who approves it before it goes up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!