Hay's Haven - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-17-2003, 04:20 PM   #61
gwbolton
sorry letter was not more in detail as it states jason can call dr shah if he has any questions. but as i stated they where sick before i got them. should i lost my 150.00 for them? i do not think so...

gary bolton

Old 06-17-2003, 04:56 PM   #62
The BoidSmith
Gary,

Thanks for posting the vet report. When did you receive the geckos? Just to establish the time frame.

Thanks

Old 06-17-2003, 05:14 PM   #63
Darin Chappell
I'm not accusing Gary of anything here, but I think it's really strange to read a Vet's writing about doing an "autopsy" on an animal. My sis ter is a Vet, and she (and other vets I've known) is (are) very particular about referring to the procedure as a "necropsy." "Autopsies" are for people.

There are lots of reasons why this might be, though. It may not be anything at all, but that is just wierd.

Old 06-17-2003, 05:52 PM   #64
Seamus Haley
This is a purely innocent question here...

Is anyone else unable to read the vet's contact information at the top of the page?

I ask because I've got pretty bad eyes and I'm using Almost On Line right now and it has a habit of failing to fully load certain images and I can't make out the information in the header of the scanned report.

On a slightly less innocent note... Can anyone uninvolved with this dispute verify the existance and credibility of the vet as named? I ask because the name was reported to have failed to come up when searching for vets in the area...

Fuzzy picture + unlisted Vet + misuse of common terms + subtly changing story/timeline = hopefully unfounded suspicions

Old 06-17-2003, 06:12 PM   #65
gwbolton
recieved the geckos the morning of 9/3/2002 same day i took them to the vet. dr. shah is a vet at Lincoln Hgy Veterinary Clinic in Lancaster, Penna. He is well known in this area and is the Vet. the local humane Leaque recomends to all animal owners. asstated earlier he states if jason has any questions he can call him. but the shipping accellerated their death from a illness they had before they where shipped. if anyone has a fax machine i can fax the letter to them.

gary bolton

Old 06-17-2003, 06:15 PM   #66
Darin Chappell
For what it's worth, the veterinary clinic cited on the paper is listed in the white pages for Lancaster, PA, and the same contact information is given. Dr. Nasir Shah is not specifically listed in either the white or yellow pages, but that doesn't mean anything. The reason I could not find any referrence to Dr. Shah previously, may very well be because the Dr's name was spelled "Shaw" earlier in the thread.

I did call another local veterinary hospital today, and asked if Dr. Nasir Shah worked with that hospital. They told me that Dr. Shah did not work with them, but that there was a Dr. Shah at the Lincoln Highway Animal Clinic.

Old 06-17-2003, 06:23 PM   #67
Seamus Haley
Good enough then, there's been a few forged receipts (for fake hets) in the past month and it's made me wary of taking paperwork at face value, the slightly blurry nature of the picture intensified that a bit.

Old 06-17-2003, 06:25 PM   #68
Asuncion7
Still wondering...

What about the strep???? I thought you had said originally it was strep...just curious...also this report is from this weekend, did you get a report at the time of the necroscopy?? Was this specific medical info ever given to Jason, if not why get it now why did you wait??? I also wonder how the Dr. remembers so clearly something that occurred 9 months ago, if he's looking in records then he should provide the records dated for that time...

Old 06-17-2003, 06:30 PM   #69
gwbolton
question to other breeders

ok a vet says that shipping accelerated the pneumonia. which means they where sick before i got them. So is it wrong for me to ask for a refund? after all that has happen would you trust the breeder to ship you other reptiles? sorry but i don't trust hay's haven and all i want is my 150.00 i paid for the albinos back. is that fair?

gary bolton

Old 06-17-2003, 06:36 PM   #70
Asuncion7
still curious

your not answering my question, i see what the paper says now but I'm talking about what you originally said, it's difficult to sort it out if you change stories or don't answer questions,
or even tell me, no you read it wrong,
or i didn't say that,
or yes i made a mistake
or he said that then and he says this now, whatever

just trying to understand, some things just aren't adding up..

However, I do agree if the animals were in fact sick before you got them and he intentionally sent sick animals then he has bad business practices and we should all know about it and you should be refunded, if he sent them and it was unintentional then yes you should be refunded, however you have the burden of proof, that's why I ask....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!