Bill & Kathy Love. Another one that should go without saying - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-13-2004, 09:14 PM   #1
Ken Harbart
Thumbs up Bill & Kathy Love. Another one that should go without saying

While making my rounds at the Tampa show today, I had the distinct pleasure of conversing with Bill & Kathy for a short while. Even before I introduced myself and we started talking, Bill & Kathy impressed me as being genuine and straightforward with their customers.

After all was said and done, I pulled myself away from the CornUtopia table having purchased a pair each of candycane corns and het albino emoryi. All in all, it was a minor purchase, but Kathy put a good deal of time and effort into filling me in on the background of each snake that I was looking at. The attention to detail she showed was astonishing, as was the high regard she had for other vendors at the show.

Once again, I need to tip my hat to Bill & Kathy... a couple of great people with great snakes.

Old 03-13-2004, 10:12 PM   #2
Sasheena
I have to agree... When I met Kathy Love at a small reptile show here in Arizona, I was very impressed. There was a man in line in front of me, so I was looking at the snakes on the table, and listening to her talking to the man. He was curious about sexing hatchlings, so she took out a male and showed him how to pop the young snake. I watched and listened closely. Later when I had my own hatchlings, her demonstration was enough to teach me how to sex them. And she wasn't even showing ME! Hubby and I weren't sure we would buy one of the snakes from her, but when we returned, Bill was the only one there. We had only $20 cash, but he agreed to let us mail him the $9 to complete the purchase price of the snake. When we went to Kathy's presentation with our new corn snake, we were very impressed with her presentation, and she was even able to look at the little girl we purchased and tell us more details about her past!

In addition to the above, later on we received a postcard from Kathy. She had received our check for $9 and wasn't sure of the reason the money was sent, so she asked me to email her, so she would know if we had paid a deposit, we could negotiate the remainder of our deal! Such honesty and personability are what it's all about. If more people were like her the BOI would be out of business! The beautiful normal het motley we bought is now getting ready to breed, and I am very much looking forward to seeing her offspring. Kathy is A#1 in my book.

Old 03-13-2004, 10:55 PM   #3
David Boggs
The Loves...

Between the Love's, their book, The Cornsnake Manual, and Don Soderburg, SMR I have all the knowledge I need to select, raise, and breed cornsnakes. My passion is okeetee and blood red cornsnakes. The Loves have the okeetees wih the thickest black saddle outlines and are one of the few pioneers in our profession. Bill Love is a great photographer. You will see his photos in many magazines, snake books, and website. I as well tip my hat to the Loves and all they have contributed to our hobby. David Boggs

Old 03-13-2004, 11:00 PM   #4
Ken Harbart
David, be on the lookout for a revised edition of The Cornsnake Manual in the near future... chock full of even more information. It's hard to believe, but Kathy and Bill have worked to make the "new" manual even bigger and better than before.

Old 03-15-2004, 04:39 PM   #5
heiser
The Love's are good people. They have been guest speakers at our herp society several times and are always good. In fact, Bill will be the dinner speaker at the annual LIHS dinner on April 16th. If you want to meet Bill and are in the NY, LI area go to www.lihs.org (special events) to more details.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!