Vipera ursinii? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-06-2015, 09:45 AM   #1
QQQSSSI
Vipera ursinii?

Real quick question for the venomous keepers out there.

Is the "meadow viper/meadow adder/etc etc etc" available in the United States pet trade?

Based on what little information seems to be available for it [which is itself strange given its huge range], it seems to be pretty well suited to captivity and wouldn't be a bad place to start for a "first hot snake".

I'm asking this for my own curiosity and future reference. I live in New York state and I don't currently have a "dangerous wildlife" permit, so buying one right now is out of the question. Maybe one day in the future though....

Old 11-06-2015, 09:46 AM   #2
QQQSSSI
I should add that the very few times I've seen references to this species being kept in captivity have been from European owners.

Old 11-09-2015, 02:12 AM   #3
yasin
I don't remember seeing it in US but yes, in EU, they sometimes pop up.

But I have seen Vipera raddei available in US or Montivipera xanthina, which are also cool snakes, which are easy to take care of.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:30 AM   #4
QQQSSSI
Ah that's a bit of a shame.
Has Vipera renardi shown up either? Apparently this species might be a subspecies of ursinii....?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!