Diets for bearded dragons - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-17-2007, 06:12 PM   #11
Denisebme
Ok. For us, salads normally consist of collard, mustard, turnip and dandelion greens in some combination. We also add in any of the following, depending on the day and the whim of the salad maker.
Grated butternut squash, bell pepper, sweet pea, cactus pads, Italian squash, rose petals.
From the garden we sometimes add ,mint, cilantro, basil, rosemary, squash flowers.
For treats, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, mango, papaya, or kiwi.
We occasionally add soaked repcal pellets.

For adults, we offer crickets or another feeder insect every other day instead of daily UNLESS they are gravid.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:32 PM   #12
Valley Dragons
All or our dragons eat a daily staple salad of turnip greens, mustard greens, collards (not as much of the collards, the dragons don't seem to like them), and shredded acorn, butternut, or yellow squash.

We throw in a couple veggies, usually green peppers, green beans, peas, cucumber, or lima beans.

We give fruit once or twice a week - cherries, mandarin oranges, apples, grapes, or blueberries.

We mix Repcal pellets into the salad every other day.

Our adults are fed crickets or discoids twice a week.

Our gravid females are fed crickets or roaches 5 days per week. Once a week they get a special supplement containing turkey baby food, squash baby food, acidophilus, calcium, and vitamins. I usually feed them 4 tsp. of this mixture. They go crazy for that stuff - it works great for underweight or sick dragons as well.

Our babies and juvies eat crickets daily.

I have used MinerAll supplements, RepCal supplements, and T-Rex Dragon Dust supplements. I have had the best luck with the Dragon Dust, and will continue to use this. I use it daily on their salad.

Jamie

Old 04-21-2007, 10:04 PM   #13
Playnwifsnot
My guy and gals get mustard greens,collard greens,turnip greens and newmans spring mix,I like this brand of organic better than the ones that come in the boxes. Occasionlly I will find dandilion greens at the store, thankfully unlike Cheri's store, they tend to sell them for $2-$3 a bunch. I also offer butternut squash and yams/sweet potatoes. I personally dont offer fruit to my crew, they happily eat everything else for me.

As far as insects go, its an equal mix of both crickets and superworms. I tend to mix it up, one time it will be crickets, another it will be superworms and occasionlly when I can get friends in on it, we will order silkworms as a treat.

I am with Cheri on the fuzzy thing, just not something I can do. Funny part is I brought home an ATB and he eats mice....lol I only have him till I can find him a new home!

~Melissa

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!