Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 56 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:20 PM   #276
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobravenom
So all I have to do is fill out my information online, print it out, and tape it to the box? The bar code will be on the label and I leave that out so it can be scanned and they will put the other sticker on there with the destination at their main hub later that day. If this was all there was to it I would not have asked so many questions. Thank you for all the help!
The way we've done it in the past is fill the slip ourselves (just to avoid any mistakes) and hand it to the FedEx driver together with the box. He/she will then verify if everything is filled out OK and give you your copy. Nothing more to it.

Good luck!

Old 04-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #277
The BoidSmith
Heath,

Your screen name (cobravenom) had me thinking for a while; you are not planning on shipping any hots, right?

Regards.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:21 PM   #278
cobravenom
I promised my wife when I met her over 3.5 years ago I would not handle hots any longer. I work with kingsnakes, ringnecks, rough earths, browns, and western worms right now. In a few years I will be working with burmese pythons again I hope as I lost two this year to RI's and electric being out for 3 days in a snow storm. I appreciate all the help!

Old 04-20-2008, 09:28 PM   #279
cobravenom
Got in contact with my FedEx account rep Deborah Stein out of Dallas and she is great. Overnighted my papers to me and I will fax them off Tuesday to be officially certified. She answered all of my questions and is very enthusiastic about the whole process. She also mentioned that snakes are simple compared to the fish, crayfish, and other things shipped by the thousands by a science teacher she deals with on a regular basis. Good luck to everyone!

Old 04-23-2008, 06:58 PM   #280
cobravenom
Waiver of Liability For Reptile and Amphibian Domestic Shipments

I just sent this to my rep and this was her reply

Letter J in the Waiver of Liability For Reptile and Amphibian Domestic Shipments states no residential deliveries are allowed. I will be shipping to residential but they are other breeders as I am and run their business out of their home so I am assuming this is fine.

"I just spoke with a senior rep about this. They cannot be shipped to a residential address, they have to be shipped to a licensed vendor, and we only allow shipping from vendor to vendor. However, one workaround is if the breeders have a spouse that works at a school, pet store, etc, use that address as the ship to. And to add this, the snakes cannot be held at a Kinkos as they cant be responsible for live animals."

Anyone else having this problem?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver