She doesn't like Him(crested) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-20-2006, 06:40 PM   #1
dispiacere
Warning! She doesn't like Him(crested)

I know everyone says breeding crested geckos is easy, but I can't seem to do it. I have read books upon books and hundreds of forums, and I can't get them to breed. Right now I have my female who is about 30grams(i know its alittle small, but its ok for her first clutch) and a male who is about the same. I got both at the pet store so I had my male since january 2006 and the female since about may 2006. They are between a temp of 75-79 degrees most of the time and are being misted extra. I have a lay box in their filled with moist peatmoss, and I am feeding them CGD with a calcium suppliment. Before this their average temp for about a week to 2 weeks was 69-73, but varied greatly due to weird weather. I catch my male trying to breed with her(licking her and chirping) but then she shakes her head rapidly and makes another type of chirp and he stops. Any thing extra I could do to set the mood? and if she is pregnant how can i tell? I know you can feel the eggs, and i have been checking but when I do on somedays it feels like their are 2 eggs in their and others if feels empty. Any advice would be greatly appreciated very much! Thanks in advance

Old 10-21-2006, 03:47 AM   #2
droogievesch
You don't need to supplement her with any calcium. CGD already has more than enough and too much supplementation can harm them.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:27 AM   #3
dispiacere
I gave well below what the bottle said, i didn't think CGD had enough in it for a pregnant female. Thanks though, and good news.
This morning I found 2 bouncing baby eggs :P

Old 02-26-2009, 01:11 PM   #4
prpleHrt
calcium intake for a breeding female is very very important. Females use calcuim to make the eggs, so they need more than males. CGD isnt enough. Check out pangeareptile.com, they offer a calcuim that is made for Breeding females and growing babies. Isnt much i think its 7 buks. I dust my crickets and add to food. Good luck

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!