Screw you UPS - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 07-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #21
offroad537
what about usps, they seem to do a good job

Old 07-10-2009, 06:58 PM   #22
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad537 View Post
what about usps, they seem to do a good job
Snakes can't legally be shipped through the USPS. They have their share of suck, too. We're stuck with FedEx that you have to have a waiver for, or using Ship Your Reptiles' UPS portal.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:13 PM   #23
Uroboros
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
Snakes can't legally be shipped through the USPS. They have their share of suck, too. We're stuck with FedEx that you have to have a waiver for, or using Ship Your Reptiles' UPS portal.
Our UPS guy is NOT a snake dude, but he's an alright guy. I'm sure he's not going to like it when he hears that someone has worked out a deal with UPS for shipping snakes.

Your SYR package came at 10am, Shadera. He made a special early stop for it.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:17 PM   #24
offroad537
what about the company with the yellow van, DHL i bought some snakes from a guy and he shipped it DHL and it came healthy and happy

Old 07-10-2009, 07:40 PM   #25
partyboy6686
The only good shipment I had came DHL. Overnight by 10:30AM and it arrived early. Still have the snake and hes as happy and healthy as the day I open the DHL package. Maybe we need to use them. I think the seller told me they only charged him like $35-$45.

Thanks
Brandon

Old 07-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #26
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboros View Post
Our UPS guy is NOT a snake dude, but he's an alright guy. I'm sure he's not going to like it when he hears that someone has worked out a deal with UPS for shipping snakes.

Your SYR package came at 10am, Shadera. He made a special early stop for it.
That's awesome news, I'm glad he took good care of her!

Old 07-10-2009, 09:20 PM   #27
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad537 View Post
what about the company with the yellow van, DHL i bought some snakes from a guy and he shipped it DHL and it came healthy and happy
DHL/Airborne are out of business in the U.S.
IME they were worse than any of the others. I had an account with them at one time. Went to Fed Ex when they opened up shipping snakes.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:20 AM   #28
transverse
I had a similiar experience with fed ex... The sun was shining yet they delayed my package for 3 FREAKIN DAYS then when they did finally deliver it they delivered it to my neighbors house!! thankfully it was not a reptile it was a part for my computer. But, it still had overnight shipping. And was supposed to be here by 10 a.m (i believe thats what it was) the next day. I really don't know about some of these companys sometimes.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:36 AM   #29
kmarsh
Throwing in my opinion. I know the post office gets its share of bad reviews but I would like to thank the post office here in Macon, GA because one nite we had some baby beardies coming in that was suppose to arrive that day and didnt. The post office called my cell to tell me that the package came in late but would be delivered the next day and as luck would have it the cell battery died just as i was getting this info. I managed to get the number up long enough to copy the number to a friends phone and the post office answered. I told them that the next day wouldnt work since these were babies and didnt need to be in the cold that nite. Thankfully they worked with me, allowed me to come to the dock and pick up the beardies after hours and all were just fine. I beleive in giveing cudos where they are deserved and Macon, GA's post office deserves this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!