Need everyone's input!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: Seller/Buyer has the right to........
Buyer should return the female and get the male that he originally paid for with no cost to him 2 18.18%
Seller is SOL and should have made sure somehow before shipping 3 27.27%
Buyer has the choice to keep the female or give her back and pay nothing or pay the difference 4 36.36%
Other Please explain 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2009, 01:37 PM   #1
BAD Morphs
Need everyone's input!!!!

Ok so heres it is... Ok I bought a pair of Albino's back in march. I decided I had no use for the male and sold him on 6/3/09. Now at the time of the sale I did not know how to sex snakes. I was and am still new to this but have learned to pop since this sale. So I sold what was presented to me by the shipper as a male. So they either had them in the wrong bags or mis labeled them. Well found out yesterday that the "female" I wanted to keep was the one that was sold and shipped out. Yes I know it was my fault for not sexing a snake before selling it but I didn't know how at the time and just went off what the semi big breeder sent me! I was working on my popping technique yesterday and decided to pop my "female" bino and it popped a male and had sperm plugs! My stomach turned when I realized what had happened. I contact the buyer of the "male" bino and he confirmed that infact he has the female. But he paid for the male not the female. I never intented on selling my female and he said he was willing to trade me back but doesn't want the male that he originally paid for or he does but wants something else tossed in on it and he said he would add more cash. But the thing is I don't have anything else I am willing to get rid of. I am sort of stuck in the situation and want ppl's opinions. On wether or not I should have the right to my snake back and he gets the male he originally paid for or since I screwed up my loss. I talked to a few different ppl and have had different takes on this. I would be willing to either pay for shipping both ways since it was my mistake in the first placeor let him keep her for the price of an 08 female bino. So what do you guys think?????

Old 10-03-2009, 01:59 PM   #2
Bill & Amy
Well you don't have enough options for me to place a vote on the poll.

But I think if the buyer wants the male then you should pay for shipping on both snakes since it was your fault. But I don't think you owe him anything extra. You are just trying to make this right.

If the buyer wants to keep the female then I think it's a done deal and he owes you nothing. It's not his fault that you shipped him the wrong snake. Sometimes as a seller you have to take the hit on your mistake.

Old 10-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #3
patthesnakeman
If you order a DVD off Amazon, and they send you a Flat Screen TV, are you entitled to keep the TV?!?!?!?

Old 10-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #4
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by patthesnakeman View Post
If you order a DVD off Amazon, and they send you a Flat Screen TV, are you entitled to keep the TV?!?!?!?

That doesn't have anything to do with this....... Not even a fair comparison, maybe if you said you ordered a flat screen tv and the sent a flat screen with a dvd player built in, then yes.

Old 10-03-2009, 02:47 PM   #5
patthesnakeman
I was making a point of MULTIPLE hundreds of dollars difference.

He PAID for a male, why does he get to keep the female if seller is going to eat all shipping cost?

Old 10-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #6
Bill & Amy
Quote:
I was making a point of MULTIPLE hundreds of dollars difference.

He PAID for a male, why does he get to keep the female if seller is going to eat all shipping cost?
There isn't MULTIPLE hundreds of dollars of difference between male and female albinos, so like I said it isn't a valid example.

It's called CUSTOMER SERVICE. That's why you give the CUSTOMER the option. For me it's more important to make the customer happy than it is to worry about the $100 difference in animals, that's how you get return customers.

Old 10-03-2009, 02:57 PM   #7
patthesnakeman
So your saying an 08 female albino is only 100 dollars more than an 08 male????

Old 10-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #8
Gary O
If the Buyer wants to keep the female then that is that. IMO. If the Buyer is willing to take the male then IMO the seller should pay both shipping costs. The buyer did nothing wrong so no more moey should be spent by him/her. At the same time if they want to keep animal shipped to them then that is that IMO.

Like Bill said it is Customer Service as a seller. I work retail and if the wrong item is shipped the customer has the option to swap it out not the store.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:04 PM   #9
Bill & Amy
Quote:
So your saying an 08 female albino is only 100 dollars more than an 08 male????
Dude, what the hell is your problem? I gave my opinion based on my experiences and my customer service. Yes, I'm saying that most '08 male and females sold within $100 of each other!!!

I guess I should have looked at your name first, now I know whwere this is coming from. Have fun debating with yourself Patrick.......

Old 10-03-2009, 03:09 PM   #10
patthesnakeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy View Post
Dude, what the hell is your problem? I gave my opinion based on my experiences and my customer service. Yes, I'm saying that most '08 male and females sold within $100 of each other!!!

I guess I should have looked at your name first, now I know whwere this is coming from. Have fun debating with yourself Patrick.......
Oh please, get over it dude, dont you have a Pabst to drink or somethin?

Yeah in 08 they sure did sell for 100 dollars apart, but now that its almost 2010...hmm weird how that works.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!