WTH Rich! - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #141
norsmis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
Take off the blinders!
The only thing people are upset about is the fact that captive snakes were released into the wild.
It was only AFTER he got out of the business was this brought to light by his own words.

Native or not, it is harmful to the ecosystem to release captive bred snakes into the wild. You say you don't agree with it but it's OK in this instance? Make up your mind.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:11 PM   #142
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy View Post
Releasing captive born wildlife into that wild, native or otherwise, is wrong in my opinion. Anyone that needs to see proof of the potential damage that can be done by this practice is just blowing smoke, also my opinion.
Just curious, how could you provide proof of potential damage? The proof would be in the actual damage that is done, not the potential for it, in my opinion.

Show me proof if you have it.

I have worked with FGW in NY and PA with captive breeding programs and reintroduction programs on many occasions, and I am unaware of any potential damage or any actual damage to native wildlife while reintroducing native species.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:32 PM   #143
SPJ
I guess since I never see Eastern milks in my backyard and since they are native, I might as well just release a bunch of CB ones. Heck, they're native so it can't be wrong.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:40 PM   #144
WebSlave
Quote:
Take off the blinders!
The only thing people are upset about is the fact that captive snakes were released into the wild.
It was only AFTER he got out of the business was this brought to light by his own words.
People? How many? I got a few here acting in an almost fanatical manner over this. Yeah some others don't like the idea, but I believe those thinking rationally about this fully realize that the "chicken little" aspect of some of the posters is just a bit much. Upset? You mean like you are? I don't see all that many flying off the handle.....

And no, I have talked about my releasing corns for many years. I released them back in the late 70s when I didn't even know someone (anyone!) might be interested in buying them. I just bred them for fun, but didn't want to keep all those babies. I think it is only now that some of you are in full fledged panic mode that you are just looking for a scapegoat. So I am a target of convenience, apparently.

Quote:
Native or not, it is harmful to the ecosystem to release captive bred snakes into the wild. You say you don't agree with it but it's OK in this instance? Make up your mind.
And my question all along has been SAYS WHO? Not just some quotes from literature that are also all opinion, hypothesis, and conjecture, but whoever it is that KNOWS this for a fact and can back it up with facts. So in your instance Steve, since you are so adamant about it, what facts are YOU using when you claim "it is harmful to the ecosystem to release captive bred snakes into the wild"? There isn't any doubt in your words, no "maybe", no "could be", and no "possibly", you are stating that "IT IS" harmful. No doubt at all in your mind, evidently. So fine, simply show me what facts you have used to come to this conclusion. You are accusing me of wrong doing based on this conclusion you have, so quite simply show me that it IS wrong and I will accept what you say and apologize. Surely that can't be all that tough to do since you are so adamant about your stance and would like nothing more than to crucify me because of your opinion, so obviously you came to your conclusion based on facts that are indisputable. So please, SHARE them with us. That is all I am asking.

Matter of fact, come on down to Tallahassee, FL and look around all you want for whatever proof you feel you need. Obviously that should be easy enough to find, now don't you think? It shouldn't take you too long to cover my 50 acres, I would imagine.... Apalachicola National Forest is only 3/4s of a mile west of me, so that will give you even more territory to cover if you feel that 50 acres isn't enough for adequate data sampling to find the ecological damage that has resulted from those releases.

There, now how much more fairer can I be about this?

Old 01-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #145
norsmis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
People? How many? I got a few here acting in an almost fanatical manner over this. Yeah some others don't like the idea, but I believe those thinking rationally about this fully realize that the "chicken little" aspect of some of the posters is just a bit much. Upset? You mean like you are? I don't see all that many flying off the handle.....
I think you are underestimating how many people are pissed about it but hey, what do you care? You dont have any potential customers to run off now.... (your words not mine).
And dont worry Rich, you dont have to ban me because I wont be back. I cant be part of a site that would support this bs anymore.

Oh yeah.... shit.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #146
buckskin
Very disappointing to see someone who was so respected in the corn snake community.
Fall to the level Rich has fallen.
Friends for 20 plus years calling him names and talking bad about him.
I don't think Rich will be remembered all the great morphs but the way he left the industry. Shame on you Rich!

Old 01-02-2010, 08:47 PM   #147
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckskin View Post
Very disappointing to see someone who was so respected in the corn snake community.
I don't think Rich will be remembered all the great morphs but the way he left the industry. Shame on you Rich!
You should be disappointed that you cant form a coherent sentence. You're 50 years old! Shame on you!

Old 01-02-2010, 08:50 PM   #148
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by norsmis View Post
And dont worry Rich, you dont have to ban me because I wont be back. I cant be part of a site that would support this bs anymore.
THANK GOD!!!!!!!! I'M SO SICK OF HEARING YOUR WHINING AND CRYING!!! PLEASE TAKE OF A FEW OF THE OTHER WHINERS WITH YOU IF YOU DON'T MIND!!!

Old 01-02-2010, 09:11 PM   #149
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
THANK GOD!!!!!!!! I'M SO SICK OF HEARING YOUR WHINING AND CRYING!!! PLEASE TAKE OF A FEW OF THE OTHER WHINERS WITH YOU IF YOU DON'T MIND!!!
Says the man who holds the record for most times banned from fauna........

Old 01-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #150
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckskin View Post
You have seven posts at the moment. Several of them are on the BOI. A forum that the owner of this site build with years of his life. Seven posts, and you think you are entitled to bustle up and dis the owner? Not even a reasoned post but just a dis?

You use the site and then turn your back on it?

I spit on you. You are a worthless sack of crap.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread