Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 25 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:33 AM   #241
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedToBoas View Post
So Elizabeth contracted mites from Ashley's snakes, messaged her, and Ashley admitted she was having a mite problem or that they at least COULD have come from her (If Im reading correctly, 4 pages of info kinda messes with the brain) but is STILL selling snakes that have mites that will more than likely spread to the rest of her buyers collection? Even if IBD wasn't a risk in her collection, shouldn't she shut down ANYWAY because of the mites?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If I'm reading it right, there's been mites in her collection on and off since early 2009, and the mites are STILL a problem. Makes me wonder if they've been there all along.

I know mites are a biotch to get rid of, but there's NO excuse for this problem to be ongoing for that long.

If the snakes have mites, you shouldn't be dragging them out every other day for photos, and dragging them off to pet stores for "reptile education" http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/gia...burm-pics.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedToBoas
And props to Adrya. It was harsh but needed as so far Ashley is being completely flippant about the whole thing. Yes I saw she FINALLY 'shut everything down.' But it took way too long, took way too many people calling her out...
I completely understand the anger & frustration on Adrya's part. She has been experiencing all of this firsthand in her own collection.

This is certainly NOT the first place all this was brought out, it's been mentioned several times over the last couple of years, and callously ignored, and business as usual...

I seriously doubt the selling/acquiring is over. I think it's a compulsion based on things I've read. I'm not doc, so it's just my opinion.

What a mess.

Old 12-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #242
jere000
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
Don't fool yourself. IBD might be classified as a Boid disease, but similar inclusions have been found in other species. So, although it may prove devastating to Boids, it's suspected that other species might be able to carry it.
Thanks Rick you learn something new everyday.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:54 PM   #243
Elizabethlea27
Ashley has set her snake room tour video to private, one can only assume to hide the wealth of evidence it contained.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:14 PM   #244
Adrya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabethlea27 View Post
Ashley has set her snake room tour video to private, one can only assume to hide the wealth of evidence it contained.
And that also shows and proves that she's GUILTY.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #245
Drew Zaun
^^^Unfortunately due to her (lack) of actions and constant changing of her story, I fear all this thread really accomplished was to teach her to be careful of what she says and shows.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #246
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Zaun View Post
^^^Unfortunately due to her (lack) of actions and constant changing of her story, I fear all this thread really accomplished was to teach her to be careful of what she says and shows.
I feel the same. At one point, it's not enough to get her to change anything, but on the other hand, it's all right here as the title states: "Buyer Beware".

We may never know if she gets her act together. It's been like trying to break down a brick wall with one's fists.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #247
amercnwmn
Quote:
Yep.
She may just be more selective about sharing every detail.

In any case, the purpose of this thread wasn't to teach HER anything:
Several people over the years had TRIED to talk to her, she just won't listen.

She prefers just to act like this thread doesn't even exist and carry on as usual elsewhere. Oh well, what can you do?
As long as the information is OUT there, and available, hopefully it'll protect others.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:26 PM   #248
Adrya
Quote:
I have thought of that, also.

Regardless though, this thread will still be here and she can't do anything to fix what she's done.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:53 AM   #249
hboyles66
If nothing else at least she won't be posting on Fauna for awhile and that is at least a start. We all have to start somewhere to keep people like Ashley from masking the reptile world look like it is full of a bunch of crazies. Also she demanded the guy she got the BCL from give her a refund and actually threatened to sue him for her refund and her collection. Should she refund all the people who have bought snakes from her? I think so if that is how she feels others should handle problems with her.

Old 12-18-2010, 01:21 AM   #250
Adrya
Quote:
Originally Posted by hboyles66 View Post
Also she demanded the guy she got the BCL from give her a refund and actually threatened to sue him for her refund and her collection. Should she refund all the people who have bought snakes from her? I think so if that is how she feels others should handle problems with her.
I completely agree, especially if their collections do end up getting infected with IBD because of her. I think they have the right to come back and prosecute her because of her sloppy, careless business. I feel she does not have any right to deny them that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd