Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 186 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:24 PM   #1851
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim brophy View Post
David, not sure you can blame Ty Park for how his buyers feed their tegus. But I know tegus are prone to obesity in captivity. Probably cause lots of keepers do not have the resources or desire to keep them properly. I believe most serious keepers have them in escape proof outside enclosures at least part of the year. Not a casual pet. Super strong, crap a ton and sorta smelly. If I was Sugar Hedgie, I would bail on the lizard and go for the cash.
I was referring to the lizards in Mr Park's possession owned by him and fed by him. They're all morbidly obese IMO.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:35 PM   #1852
filenamex5100
to lightly touch on Deb Morgans post, this is yet another reason why I think TY will be buried in court!! some states have a deceptive practice law as well. if TY thinks going into court and saying "well the raffle said this but in reality it meant XXXXX"....he will be seen as deceptive and will lose his credibility real fast! nothing he can say in court will help him. his only hope is to accept his wrong doing and apologize and hope the judge and jury go easy on him. from what I gather (which is limited) consumers are protected more so than a business when it comes to deceptive practices.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:46 PM   #1853
tim brophy
David, I know. It also appears obese to me. But he breeds them successfully, so presumably his husbandry is accurate. The ones I have seen in zoos are immense. They love to eat and will eat anything. Rodents and birds are a staple. That is why Michelle needs to be careful letting her future tegu get too close to a sugar glider...

Old 05-30-2017, 05:48 PM   #1854
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Note to Sugar Glider. If you ever actually get a tegu out of this ordeal (and I hope you do), do not let it get near one of your sugar gliders! Those things look like they could eat a whole refrigerator full of chicken!

No need to worry about any of my animals mr Broohy.
My gliders are all fed well balanced diets and so were my 4 tegus when we had them.
All were/are appropriate weights, except one fat tegu we rescued from a bad situation. He was neglected and being fed dog food and rat pups

The mosaic glider has a paralyzed left arm (why it looks like that in the pic).
She had broken it about 5 years ago and after many vet visits they were able to set and cast it.
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2017, 05:52 PM   #1855
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
David, I know. It also appears obese to me. But he breeds them successfully, so presumably his husbandry is accurate. The ones I have seen in zoos are immense. They love to eat and will eat anything. Rodents and birds are a staple. That is why Michelle needs to be careful letting her future tegu get too close to a sugar glider...

No need to worry.....
I am a very experienced reptile , tegu and exotic animal owner/breeder

Old 05-30-2017, 05:58 PM   #1856
tim brophy
Michelle,
That is cool. Congrats. That is some good and admirable work. Also, I got corrected. Sugar gliders are not rodents. They are marsupials.
Frankly, I hope it all works out for you. One last point, I would never want to face you in court. Tenacious does not begin to cover your persistence.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:37 PM   #1857
tegusaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhedgie View Post
Update
I just got notice that ty has hired an attorney!!
The 25th has been cancelled.
Is it the same attorney who posted earlier in this thread claiming to represent Ty Park? Seems odd that you say he just hired an attorney at this late point if it is not the same person.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:51 PM   #1858
tegusaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoTortoise View Post
This is going to be trial of the century for reptile people. Wooohoo, go Jury Trial!
So, do you believe that if Goliath had defeated David, the history books would have looked favorably upon Goliath?

Yeah, a lot of people will be watching this spectacle, and how Ty Park has treated someone like Michelle Cutler.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:54 PM   #1859
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegusaurus View Post
Is it the same attorney who posted earlier in this thread claiming to represent Ty Park? Seems odd that you say he just hired an attorney at this late point if it is not the same person.
Lol
No this is a licensed attorney in FL
maybe he didn't feel the "other" one (in post ? 418 was doing a good enough job.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:19 PM   #1860
tegusaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhedgie View Post
ill answer this...........

"because he can"

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...0849.0935.html
Now this is some interesting reading right there. If you haven't allready, I think everyone needs to read that linked page. It shows Florida state law concerning games of chance, which includes raffles. Ty Park has admitted to running the raffle a few times, and since he has a lawsuit under the jurisdiction of Florida, then it seems he wants to use Florida as the home base for all legal considerations. Fine. But the blade cuts both ways.

Ty Park is liable to Florida law for running a raffle there. Read the law. Is Ty Park a legitimate tax exempt organization? If not, that is a violation of state law. Did the raffle require payment for tickets? If yes, that is a violation of state law. Was an entrant for the raffle arbitrarily discriminated against? If yes, then that is a violation of state law. Were all prizes awarded to all winners? If no, then that was a violation of state law.

Too many strikes to count, you are out of here, Ty Park!

Most of the above are considered to be "deceptive and unfair trade practices" under Florida law. But read the law for yourself. Right from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Is the attorney for Ty Park going into this completely blind? Any ethical attorney wouldn't touch this for anything. They would be defending an admitted criminal in a civil case that sued someone for pointing out their criminal acts, saying it hurt their reputation.

Lord have mercy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu