WHAT is that horrible noise? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Boas

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 09:16 PM   #1
coyote
WHAT is that horrible noise?

The rainbow--2 year old female; I thought I heard her sneezing!
So, she was moved into my bedroom where the ambient temp is higher than the rest of the house and it is easier to elevate the ambient temp of her cage.

It's the middle of the night, and I am awakened by the most horrible gurgling, wheezing noise. OMG, if that is the snake she must be dying! I am imagining the globs of mucous being expelled in her gasping effort.

I get up, turn on the light, look in and....no mucous, no gasping, no gurgling, it's just.....uh.....um.....a BM.

Guess she's OK after all.
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-27-2006, 09:28 PM   #2
Skunky
Very descriptive..thank you

Old 03-27-2006, 10:23 PM   #3
hhmoore
my wife tells me about the various sound she hears at night when I am at work...apparently, the rumblings are quieted by my presence.

Old 03-28-2006, 08:09 AM   #4
willykink
Just curious, but this thread would have to do with selling what exactly...???

Old 03-28-2006, 08:40 AM   #5
hhmoore
LOL - I believe it was accidently placed in the classifieds...unless Marjee taped the sounds and is offering them to the highest bidder

Old 03-28-2006, 09:21 AM   #6
Skunky
..or bagged the BM

Old 03-28-2006, 10:16 AM   #7
scalesnstuff
sound

I had a retic do that once. It was kind of like a burp, air in the stomach or something. Very disgusting sound. But so far has not been a health issue.

Old 09-08-2006, 06:29 PM   #8
D & D House of Rep
the sounds that you discribed apere to be uper respitory infection you need to take her to the vet

Old 09-14-2006, 04:58 AM   #9
SnakeDog
You need to jack up the humidity...rainbows need more than usual and noises like this aren't necessarily an indication that something is wrong yet...but it will be if you don't get the humidity up soon.

EDIT: oh whoops...didn't read the last part of the post...That being said all I can say is... ugh.

Old 09-14-2006, 07:57 AM   #10
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
my wife tells me about the various sound she hears at night when I am at work...apparently, the rumblings are quieted by my presence.
Or do you just cancel them out, or even beat them!?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread