My Tinley Purchase - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-14-2008, 11:23 AM   #11
Tere Salazar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiIguanaLvr View Post
Thanks Tere. My rescue mentality wins over every time. I just see so much of the result of overproduction of the dogs in this country every day and I just cannot bring myself to bring more of anything into this world. Not that I necessarily think there is anything wrong with the breeders who do things right, but its just not for me.

My rescue mentality made me into a huge sucker last weekend too. I walked by a table of Geckos, Leo's of all shapes and sizes and colors. I never knew they had such variety.
Well there were three deli cups on the corner of the table with sickly, small gecko babies in them. Each had either a kinked or broken tail. One was very dehydrated. They wanted $4 each for them and I made myself keep on walking when I saw them. Of course, within an hour I went back again and purchased all three of them. I am such a sucker.
My friend Jen, who also happens to be a reptile veterinarian, was my roommate on this trip so she gave them an exam that evening in the hotel room and we soaked them all for a while. So far all are doing well too, but one of the, the smallest, would not surprise me if he does not make it. I will not give up but he just does not look very good.

Anyway, that was my sucker purchase for the weekend. LOL I knew I couldnt go out of town without coming home with something sad and sorry looking.
Oh, you don't have to tell me about dog overproduction. Our Craigslist here is absolutely disgusting with posts regarding the local kill shelter, and let's hurry up and rescue this one or that one or it'll be put down tonight due to...it's a female and she's got 6 babies nursing. Makes me sick. There's two moms on there today. If I didn't already have 5, I'd be down there in a heartbeat.

Personally, I'm glad to know I'm not the only person that's like this, taking in other people's "cast offs" and "mistakes". And I'm glad those little geckos are going to have a shot at making it now! I've got my fingers crossed for the smallest one.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:45 AM   #12
MiIguanaLvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladragon View Post
Oh, you don't have to tell me about dog overproduction. Our Craigslist here is absolutely disgusting with posts regarding the local kill shelter, and let's hurry up and rescue this one or that one or it'll be put down tonight due to...it's a female and she's got 6 babies nursing. Makes me sick. There's two moms on there today. If I didn't already have 5, I'd be down there in a heartbeat.

Personally, I'm glad to know I'm not the only person that's like this, taking in other people's "cast offs" and "mistakes". And I'm glad those little geckos are going to have a shot at making it now! I've got my fingers crossed for the smallest one.
Thanks Tere. I will keep you posted and get pics of the three of them soon.
Two are albino so that looks very strange to me but they are cute just the same

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!