Diet plan suggestion - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-30-2024, 03:58 PM   #1
WebSlave
Lightbulb Diet plan suggestion

Forget about all the diet plans you hear and read about. I have the foolproof method of losing weight. I have lost 30 lbs in the last few months using this plan, so I am proof positive that it absolutely can work.

Pretty simple, actually. Simply go through having your spouse, who is the actual (really good) cook of the family, pass away and discover that you are NOT that good of a cook yourself.

Besides not having much of an appetite anyway, nor incentive to spend much time in HER kitchen, make most of your meals as simple and easy as possible. Like a couple pieces of fruit and perhaps a handful of nuts. A normal "meat and potatoes" kind of meal will consist of a ham sandwich and potato chips. Anything more complicated than that turns into something unappetizing with no incentive to try again in that pursuit.

Only eat when you get so hungry that you feel forced to eat something to shut up your grumbling and complaining belly.

So, nothing to it. Not that I think this would be popular with most people, but it DOES work.

Old 01-30-2024, 08:51 PM   #2
bcr229
I'm guessing the lack of appetite was the big driver. Before I learned to cook decently I lived off of hot pockets and ice cream. I was much younger then so my metabolism could handle it. Today... not so much.

Old 01-31-2024, 04:42 AM   #3
WebSlave
How long did it take for you to learn to cook decently?

My dinner last night consisted of a peanut butter sandwich.

Old 01-31-2024, 08:36 AM   #4
bcr229
A few months maybe? Some things, like baking bread, took longer to learn. Also I started with easier stuff - pasta + jar sauce, steaming veggies, etc.

IMO it's harder to cook for one person that multiple. My husband has been travelling a lot recently and with my daughter in college it's just me at home. I'm more likely to raid the refrigerator - maybe cut up some veggies or fruit and throw that onto a plate along with cheese and crackers - than actually cook a proper meal.

Old 01-31-2024, 12:41 PM   #5
WebSlave
Yeah, I find that I am continually trying to decide what to fix based on what is most likely to go out of date first in the refrigerator. I have learned that I cannot keep any bread products on the counter as they mold up way too quickly there and need to be stored in the refrigerator. But darn I like FRESH bread and rolls.

I am going to have to learn to cut back what I buy at the grocery store at a shot and possibly just go more often for smaller loads.

I think eggs are on the agenda for today. Maybe I should try fried eggs over medium. That way I can always fall back to an egg sandwich if my first attempt is a disaster.

Old 02-02-2024, 11:55 AM   #6
JColt
I am actually a decent cook but am very lazy about it. Sometimes I think about making a nice meal then see a can a tuna and jar of mayo and change plans. My wife and I are looking into going mainly vegetarian. Not completely but making meats much smaller in meals along with no meat in some. I just went to doctors on Wen and my weight was 218 pounds. 3 years ago I weighed 166 pounds when I had my open heart surgery. That was after 6 weeks on diuretic meds and was 195 pounds.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!