Dan Scolaro bad guy. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:28 AM   #11
spawn
The rest of what you posted has nothing to do with it..

Randy, that is because the rest of what I posted was not directed to you or my argument against yours that the offer to replace was illegitimate concern. It was directed to forming a valid case against Dan.

No, I don't think you're defending Dan. I just thought you took Dan's offer (his word) too reasonably, based on my experience and what I have read. I don't have any problem with you at all. But even IF I did acknowledge trust in Dan's word [which I don't], I don't even put credence to that offer as a legitimate compensation to replace the animals MONTHS from now, ESPECIALLY since his tone was uncertain (to cover his tracks). Furthermore, even if he DID hypothetically replace them, why should Luc wait until the magic day in the summer when they appear in Dan's collection again? He shouldn't -- refund it or replace them now. Can't do one? Do the other. I understand that they're trying (maybe at one point were trying) to reach something that would resolve it for the both of them, but that's where I come in that I don't like Dan's offers. That's all, and advise against it. No hostility

Old 04-08-2008, 01:44 AM   #12
ravensgait
And that Frank is why I asked the OP the questions I did which he avoided answering.. Randy

Old 04-08-2008, 12:04 PM   #13
Mckenzie_river_reptiles
avoiding questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
And that Frank is why I asked the OP the questions I did which he avoided answering.. Randy
What questions did I avoid answering, Randy?

I have nothing to hide. You don't see my name up here for being a scumbag.
Dan has complaints and I am sure that there are alot of people that don't post their complaints about him.

And you are wrong about me not wanting to wait until the summer. I would wait as long as it was the same animal(replacement) as I recieved before. Which weren't even 06 as he said.

I forgot who asked this question: "did you recieve properly sexed animals..." Yes I recieved 2.2, however they were not anything near 06's. The skinny one that died was a female. If Dan sent me and unsexed babie and it happend to turn out male then in basic terms I'd be screwed again. I would have 3.1 at different ages that I raised up to adulthood. As you can see from the e-mails he pulls this harrasment crap on everybody. He even trys to get out of shipping his own animals because he is to lazy to ship his own poor excuse of a product!

Old 04-08-2008, 12:14 PM   #14
E2MacPets
What method are you using for sexing 6 month old pink tongue skinks?

Old 04-08-2008, 01:37 PM   #15
ravensgait
Lucious this isn't a long thread so look at post #3.. Randy

Old 04-08-2008, 01:53 PM   #16
Mckenzie_river_reptiles
What are you talking about Randy?

Dan was supposed to sex them, they were supposed to be 06's so at that age it should be relativly easy.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #17
Mckenzie_river_reptiles
Randy read all the other post.

"but one didn't do well and died. You told Dan and he said he would get you another animal but that it would likely be summer before he could get you one."
I got the animals three days after they sat in that PET STORE! They all drank for about three minutes! One of them was emaciated and died in about three days of ME recieving the shipment. It wouldn't eat the first day, the second I pinkie pumped it, one small newborn. It couldn't handle that! obviously it's digestive system had been shut down for too long. I tried even a lesser meal the third day, but it too failed, and the skink died. I have pics that I will post of the skinks that are alive, and pics the dead one before and after it died. Maybe this will help you see Randy how much of a scumbag he really is.
He is a tight wad that probably never fed them becuase of the prices of canned snails.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:07 PM   #18
Mckenzie_river_reptiles
Also I never stated that I wanted the animals "right now!"

Old 04-08-2008, 06:23 PM   #19
Dan Scolaro
There is a reason the buyer does not have all the emails or any evidence of his statment. It is because he is a liar and perhaps some child.

The buyer purchased 4 skinks that were yearlings at the time of purchase (oct/nov 2007) and their gender was not guaranteed per the ad and my communications with the buyer. They were sexed to the best of my abilities and friends abilities but they are of course too young to guarantee gender. I believe they were advertised for 200-225 each and the buyer was provided a significant discount for 4 specimens at 150 each and 4 healthy perfect specimens were shipped to him. All were eating great and all quite fat and happy and healthy. I held them for 4 months closely watching them and shipped dozens of them to many satisfied customers - not one complaint, only plenty of thankful comments on delivering health and beautiful skinks at great prices. They buyer being under a reptile business name also knows that gender determination at this age is all but impossible but he is trying to behave as though he does not know.

Unfortunately the fedex representative did make a mistake and shipped some boxes to the wrong places despite I had the boxes marked with correct addresses as verified by the buyers. The fedex representative accidentally put the wrong shipping labels on the wrong boxes. The animals did arrive alive per my companies guarantee which is: "live arrival guarantee if items are delivered on time with express delivery service".

After the buyer received them, he emailed that one appeared dehydrated. Since I have NEVER had any complaints about the health of any animal shipped (with around 2000 boxes shipped so far), I simply offered to provide him another skink for free when I received more as I get them every summer from the breeder. This is beyond my companies guarantee and I usually would consider to extend any guarantee regardless of any circumstances that could arise despite there has NEVER been any health issue with any animal in thousands of purchases. The buyer was happy and he said he would work with the specimen that arrived dehydrated.

A week later the buyer emailed to report the thin one was eating great and actually eating a lot of food and had filled out. I advised the buyer to be careful how much he fed it and slow it down on food as it could die from overfeeding, and that was the last I heard from the buyer (so I thought). A few days later, he emailed to say it puked and died (perhaps from overfeeding)

Again, despite meeting my companies obligation of live arrival and owing the buyer nothing, I still told him he would receive a free skink this summer.

That was weeks ago and the buyer emailed recently to complain he saw what he thought appeared to him as being larger sized 2006 skinks in another ad. I explained the one's he purchased were born late 06 and nothing was wrong with them as they were only about 16 months old and a full 10-12 inches and they are born tiny and were growing well to be that size. The buyer continued to complain and harass in several emails. It dawned on me this buyer might be a child and I asked him 4 times to stop emailing and complaining and harassing me and he would get his skink. He kept bothering me like some kid who spilled his milk and forced me to cut his email off and retract my kind offer for a replacement skink. He started to demand an 06 skink etc despite I told him earlier he would get an 07 or 08 for free.

His father emailed me the next day (last Friday) demanding cash and said he was some big deal in the reptile industry and knew all the big shots and threatened me with a number of things, a law suite, ruining my reputation, and a number of other threats including references to his friends collections that were robbed, thus threatening my collection might be robbed. I emailed his father that my live arrival guarantee was met and if he was such a big shot, then he would know I met my obligation of the purchase and owe his son nothing. I also informed him that I would rethink the situation later when I get more skinks. Additionally, his father's lied in several statements. He said the skink died the next day after receiving it which was not true and he said I did nothing when it was shipped to the wrong place which is not true.

Despite the father and son being informed that I've met my purchase obligation, it obviously appears they have decided to harm my good reputation with this silly post. I don't really care what they say or try to do nor do I care about the loud mouth antics from folks like Jim who I have proven wrong on many occasions and jump on any reason to attack like a baby.

Thus, I have decided that the buyer will not be provided an extension of my companies guarantee and he will not be provided another skink.

Further, it is quite clear I have met my obligations per my guarantee and even offered to go beyond it and this buyer is going under some type of business name and it might be keen to weary of his business tactics should anyone be interested to purchase from them.

Dan

Old 04-08-2008, 06:33 PM   #20
Dan Scolaro
And what's all that statment about trouble shipping in the past or any problems? I never had any problems shipping in the past. I did have one customer fail to inform me within an hour of delivery the live delivery of sensative frogs, but its not my fault she failed to inform me on time. Heck, after almost 2000 shipments with zero legitimate complaints, I'd call that great service not problems.

Dan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!